• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM441 [TYF]

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
if im reading correctly, SBF is a rebranding of VSF, and there is small factory making low PAM441 with low quality/fake function movement based on 2813 trying to pose as SBF. The movement analysis is basically a review of the movement used by the "fake SBF" small factory.

KOT1917

Respected Member
Section Moderator
26/7/19
Russian federation
Thank you for your opinion. I think this is the closest thing to the truth.

So, if the SBF is a rebrand of the VSF, then their movt. should remain the classic P.9001, and this one, with a spinning but not correctly functioning PR, is just the move of this small factory?

Reactions: JayBee0815

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
wow wondering why VSF decided to rebrand, I mean it's a name well known in the rep world and I can buy any rep with VSF in the description and be sure I get proper quality

papabear244

Renowned Member
17/11/20
wow wondering why VSF decided to rebrand, I mean it's a name well known in the rep world and I can buy any rep with VSF in the description and be sure I get proper quality

Maybe to get the lower segment of the market? I mean the prices have been ballooning, not sure about the sales though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kramerica72

Supporter
Certified
29/11/21
New England
Was talking to someone from China, and apparently VSF isn't as big of a name there as it is in America and EU. Clean, 3K, XF, etc. are the big ones. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not...

Sent from outer space using Tapatalk

Reactions: mskwatch

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
I don't care if they call themselves VSF, SBF or UBF ("the ulitmatively best factory ever"). I just hope that the story is true and we soon get new models in the good old VSF quality ;-)

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Was talking to someone from China, and apparently VSF isn't as big of a name there as it is in America and EU. Clean, 3K, XF, etc. are the big ones. Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not...

Sent from outer space using Tapatalk

nah, VSF is also a "big name" in the rep scene in China but has been getting bad rep due to the fact that they are still selling watches but refused to take warranty repairs or supply parts for repair.
You are not reading it wrong, "warranty" do exist for rep, albeit useless for oversea folks.

Reactions: mskwatch

@(^_^)@

Getting To Know The Place
8/12/19

lceniza

Known Member
Certified
21/4/21
California
Has anyone confirmed if the TYF/small factory, etc. discussed in this thread was really SBF or not??

lceniza

Known Member
Certified
21/4/21
California
That's really funny!:yes:

I'll add a photo here:

In short, and in conclusion:
- Small factory.
- All made from random parts
- Assembled badly.
- The accuracy and reliability is low.
- The PR indicator moves but does not function correctly.

I think no one has seen this watch live on the forum yet, so this is just someone's private opinion and some photos, but I repeat, it seems to be true.
Has anyone confirmed if this is the actual SBF version?

KOT1917

Respected Member
Section Moderator
26/7/19
Russian federation
Has anyone confirmed if this is the actual SBF version?
As far as we know at this point, TYF was not a big local factory that made a "fake" SBF using some of the parts. From what we managed to find out (there was not a single message from the participants that I would have seen about buying SBF PAM441), the P.9001 VSF clone was supplemented by SBF with a function in which the PR wheel rotates during winding, but does not work as a PR indicator, but randomly.

Unfortunately, I don't know more, maybe someone bought one and shed some light.

Otherwise, I am inclined to believe that the SBF PAM441 uses VSF parts (From old stock similar to VSF PAM441 V3 or new - no answer).

Reactions: lceniza