• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 390 DoA or am I just stupid?

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
If that is the case, suggest that you have someone who know what he is doing to take a look, and if repair is not feasible, to send it back to dealer.

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
The balance wheel turns a little to the left and right, yes but it does not spin entirely
It is not made to spin around but to swing back and forth, as long as it moves back and forth it is not bound. Are the hands on the watch clear of each other (not touching)?

If the hands are free from touching each other, then something is bound up internally.

skoner

Known Member
7/7/11
It is not made to spin around but to swing back and forth, as long as it moves back and forth it is not bound. Are the hands on the watch clear of each other (not touching)?

If the hands are free from touching each other, then something is bound up internally.

The hands are not touching (I think).

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
The hands are not touching (I think).

Man I am sorry to say at this point the other members are correct, your best bet is to send it to your local WM or send it back to the TD. Don't mess with the watch any longer or you might do more harm than good. Sounds like something is bound up internally.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Ok, bad news guys (I think). I released the small arrow and let it "unwind" which made the wheels spin for a while. Apparently, the watch was fully wound. Tried winded it afterwards, worked perfectly but the watch will not run.

How come it is fully wound when you were saying that the winding didnt hold?

skoner

Known Member
7/7/11
Man I am sorry to say at this point the other members are correct, your best bet is to send it to your local WM or send it back to the TD. Don't mess with the watch any longer or you might do more harm than good. Sounds like something is bound up internally.

Thank you guys for all the help, I truly appreciate it. I have no local WM so I guess I have some weeks of waiting for refund in front of me...

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Thank you guys for all the help, I truly appreciate it. I have no local WM so I guess I have some weeks of waiting for refund in front of me...

Well, why not get the dealer to send a replacement/repair?

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
It seems it's was already fully wound when it arrived, just that it wouldn't start?

That sudden release of mainspring might cause so damage too if unlucky, i broke my escape wheel pivot after doing that.

Do you see anything stuck in the balance wheel? Screws? Tabs?

Sent from my Bezel using a 116610

skoner

Known Member
7/7/11
It seems it's was already fully wound when it arrived, just that it wouldn't start?

That sudden release of mainspring might cause so damage too if unlucky, i broke my escape wheel pivot after doing that.

Do you see anything stuck in the balance wheel? Screws? Tabs?

Yes, it turned out it was, that's why I couldn't wind it anymore. I got it working for like 2 seconds when I tapped the caseback. Nothing seems stuck inside the watch, neither any loose parts.

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
So best to follow shiro advise for now then.

While waiting for news from td, maybe continue giving it gentle smacks to see if it gets the gears going.

Good luck buddy.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
So the watch was fully wound up when it arrive, a strange thing actually, as dealer will usually wind it up a bit just to check if its working.

skoner

Known Member
7/7/11
So best to follow shiro advise for now then.

While waiting for news from td, maybe continue giving it gentle smacks to see if it gets the gears going.

Good luck buddy.

Thanks man.

Yes shiro, my thoughts exactly!

tt88

㊙️ Time does not wait ㊙️
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
15/9/12
Village, of course
We feel you mate.

The smacks aren't working huh

Fiddo

-----
Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
Is the Pallet Fork stuck?

It looks like this-----

th_zps989971c9.jpg

It sits below the balance wheel at about the 4 o'clock position (holding the watch/ movement with the balance wheel at the top.)

You can nudge it gently with a toothpick etc. (If you are comfortable doing this kind of thing.) They sometimes can get stuck in shipment. I have had it happen a couple of times.