• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 292 ceramic v6 factory

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
As a first Pam buyer, the 292 definitely stood out to me. After looking at the Pam guide extensively, it looks like the only super reps are from noob (j-series). But it seems as if the td's can't get them anymore. I'm assuming that's because they're not made anymore.

The one made by v6 factory seem to be everywhere but I can't find a lot of reliable reviews on it. Where does it stand vs some of the older , very accurate versions?

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Imho, the 292 from v6 is on par or even better than the Noob. Despite have a good reputation, the Noob 292j has its own flaws like the over extended crown support, bad pig logo. Even though the crown is ceramic, the OP inscription is wrong. I would say the v6 version has taken over the trophy of the best 292.

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
Imho, the 292 from v6 is on par or even better than the Noob. Despite have a good reputation, the Noob 292j has its own flaws like the over extended crown support, bad pig logo. Even though the crown is ceramic, the OP inscription is wrong. I would say the v6 version has taken over the trophy of the best 292.
That's good to know. It's also priced lower than the noon was which is always great.

Hellbilly

Known Member
17/6/15
As a first Pam buyer, the 292 definitely stood out to me. After looking at the Pam guide extensively, it looks like the only super reps are from noob (j-series). But it seems as if the td's can't get them anymore. I'm assuming that's because they're not made anymore.

The one made by v6 factory seem to be everywhere but I can't find a lot of reliable reviews on it. Where does it stand vs some of the older , very accurate versions?

I agree with kampachi , just in today and I think it's spot on

Hellbilly

Known Member
17/6/15
The stock strap was good , it's just that I had already made this one for it . The quality on this watch is indeed very good imho..

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Only obvious flaw for me is the polished ring and op logo on the crown. Had an idea of painting it with gloss black but backed out as it might not last on the ceramic surface.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Since Noob is not yet availabe, this is not a possibility

I think KW is a very good alternative not studied yet for PAM GUIDE inclusion but known nough to see the qualities and flaws above mentioned

The more evident flaws are metallic Crown ( non ceramic) without polished ring and a bit squared edges in cushion shape of the case (few noticeable)

KW is the best one at this moment and most likely a Super rep, even better than Noob in some aspects

OF COURSE I'm talking about O-series no PIG version , because PIG version is wrongly marked O-series instead of J-series

ALE

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ

I think KW is a very good alternative not studied yet for PAM GUIDE inclusion but known nough to see the qualities and flaws above mentioned

The more evident flaws are metallic Crown ( non ceramic) without polished ring and a bit squared edges in cushion shape of the case (few noticeable)

KW is the best one at this moment and most likely a Super rep, even better than Noob in some aspects

OF COURSE I'm talking about O-series no PIG version , because PIG version is wrongly marked O-series instead of J-series

ALE
Yeah, I didn't think it was currently in the guide.

It seems like TD's are selling these at reasonable prices.

I also wanted to ask, when factories advertise DLC, is it REAL DLC or just old school pvd applied coating that runs off easily? Because I know it's a very expensive process that usually costs hundreds of dollars. And if done right, its nearly indestructible. What's the consensus on this?

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Yeah, I didn't think it was currently in the guide.

It seems like TD's are selling these at reasonable prices.

I also wanted to ask, when factories advertise DLC, is it REAL DLC or just old school pvd applied coating that runs off easily? Because I know it's a very expensive process that usually costs hundreds of dollars. And if done right, its nearly indestructible. What's the consensus on this?

KW PAM 292 is not yet in the GUIDE. It is almost impossible to get updated the PAM GUIDE from Dec 2014 , because the quantity of releases is really huge.
I will try to update all reps before the end of this year.

Following my experience about DLC and the reps I know, the DLC coating used by the good makers are really good and it will last many years. No worries about that

ALE

northantsrich

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/13

ALE

Hi Ale,

Would you say this is better than the N-Series V2 from H Maker? I am under the impression that the N-Series V2 from H Maker is a super rep.

Just ordered the above.

Thanks

Rich

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
Hi Ale,

Would you say this is better than the N-Series V2 from H Maker? I am under the impression that the N-Series V2 from H Maker is a super rep.

Just ordered the above.

Thanks

Rich
Ale stated earlier that he thinks the v6 O that were talking about in this thread most likely will be considered a super rep when fully evaluated. It just isn't on the Pam guide yet. But most of its qualities are better than the H version. The only thing going against it is the crown, really.

northantsrich

21/5/13
E]

Hey Hellbilly, How do you find the crown?

Is it not a big tell not been ceramic like the one from H maker that Ale talked about in his guide.

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
Is the fact that the crown is not ceramic a big thing??
It seems like some are saying there could be a sheen difference between the crown and case, but not very noticeable. I think the advantages over H factory outweigh the crown issue. It seems as if everyone agrees on that fact. This is the best 292 right now.

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
The KW 292 is the O series, the gen O series doens't have a ceramic crown either I think

pure b

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/14
There were some problems with the ceramic crown shell in earlier versions so they chamged the material

northantsrich

21/5/13
The KW 292 is the O series, the gen O series doens't have a ceramic crown either I think

That's a really interesting point. It will be good if anyone can clarify this. It really could be a spot on super rep if that's the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hellbilly

Known Member
17/6/15
E]

Hey Hellbilly, How do you find the crown?

Is it not a big tell not been ceramic like the one from H maker that Ale talked about in his guide.
Look up some gens, there is a slight difference visually . It may bother some people , not me.Here's something interesting , the crown cap is actually made of a composite zorcinia material.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/353391/thread/1298949516/PAM+292+Black+Seal+Crown+Cap+Cracked