• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PAM 111 NOOB V5 WHAT????????

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
V5 I'm fine with it

PAM-111-V5-168341c279be164f2.jpg

PAM-111-V5-3aa4114a83cc2d77a.jpg

PAM-111-V5-918fbd652252b6887.jpg

dirtyharry44

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/15
USA
The CP is horror for my eyes!
V5 is a downgrade.

I just don’t understand how a factory making an already very well-regarded rep could drop the ball by messing up two tiny parts that you’d think would be easy to get right (CP and micrometer screw).

After paying so much attention to getting other details correct, why fall short when it comes to the little things? I’m starting to believe the conspiracy theories I’ve read on the forum. If they fix these two details, will they call the result V6 (essentially a V4 2.0)?

Reactions: pcghill

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
I just don’t understand how a factory making an already very well-regarded rep could drop the ball by messing up two tiny parts that you’d think would be easy to get right (CP and micrometer screw).

After paying so much attention to getting other details correct, why fall short when it comes to the little things? I’m starting to believe the conspiracy theories I’ve read on the forum. If they fix these two details, will they call the result V6 (essentially a V4 2.0)?

You're treating factories like legitimate businesses, which they are not. You have to remember that the factory does not make anything, they just assemble watches from whatever parts their sub factories give them. So if the CP and MS isn't up to snuff, the factory has either no control or would not like to control their suppliers to that level.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Yes, I like my nips hard. :lol:

Now let's stop with this non-Panerai innuendo shall we? There are sections for that. Not here.

I had every intention of referring only to Noob's decision to use the incorrect cannon pinion. Cross my heart.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Just received newest noob pam111. All screws are sitting very tight. It’s a great rep.
now I’m waiting for a new strap.

Reactions: johnlogan

chocman02

8/12/19
Just received newest noob pam111. All screws are sitting very tight. It’s a great rep.
now I’m waiting for a new strap.

How is the micrometer screw? Its my only hesitation on pulling the trigger.

And any recommendations on a strap maker?

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
How is the micrometer screw? Its my only hesitation on pulling the trigger.

And any recommendations on a strap maker?

They all seem sitting tight. Why that would be your concern?

i ordered canvas gray strap. I’m still waiting for delivery. I’m not sure what’s the maker but I can send you link. I’ve been told they are pretty good for the price.
I think pam111 will look great on gray strap.

Reactions: johnlogan

chocman02

8/12/19

i ordered canvas gray strap. I’m still waiting for delivery. I’m not sure what’s the maker but I can send you link. I’ve been told they are pretty good for the price.

They are short in most V5 editions. If the watch needs to be regulated such that the screw doesnt reach you essentially lose the benefits of the Y-incabloc

Penduboy

10/11/19
Finally received my PAM 111, so for keeping great time and looks amazing. I think I am going to pick this up over my other Seiko, Certina, FC and Roamer watches. Though I love my SARB 017 and 033.

now time to look for another Panerai or Omega. I already have Milgauss in shipping :). I hope these will keep great time. If so, I feel like wasted money on my other watches (Seiko, Certina, FC, Roamer, etc).

5yYv3.jpg
5yO6n.jpg
5y1js.jpg

Last edited:

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15

When you find the time pls post a few pics of the 111. Looking forward to it.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
It’s a very nice strap. It shows nice texture in bright light. It will look great with a T-shirt and jeans and also with a suit. It’s versatile.
but search for gray canvas strap continues.