• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Pam 111 from Dochere

Bozz

I'm Pretty Popular
4/6/13
Here my goal on a Noob 113

891_zpstpernrsh.jpg

893_zpss363ukvy.jpg

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Not a secret mate. I've implemented this mod some time ago and shared the way with some members here and on RG, including Dochere and others.
A permanent marker, thin tip (for sale on amazon e on ebay). Easy and cheap. I hope I've helped you. You need a steady hand ;)

http://www.staedtler.com/en/product...-permanent-pen-313-permanent-universal-pen-s/

prodzoomimg10042.jpg

You DID help me, after posting in this thread, I recalled reading something about it from you and found that discussion. Used this method on my 176 and I can confirm it's very effective :)

Vanilla

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/4/14
Have been hearing a lot about Dochere's work! Tempted to try and find one! Pics please!!

Strodda

Supporter 'smith
Supporter
21/1/11
TX/USA
You DID help me, after posting in this thread, I recalled reading something about it from you and found that discussion. Used this method on my 176 and I can confirm it's very effective :)
Oops, my bad man... I didnt meant to make my other post and not follow up. I am aware of the Staedtler pens, but they actually make the jewels too red. What I use is a sharpie, but I went through a trial and error to find the perfect match. I color a whole bunch of asian mainplates and compared to a swiss mainplate... pics are somewhere in one of my old sales. I'll try and find a model# for the color I use, but it does match the Swiss exactly.

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Oops, my bad man... I didnt meant to make my other post and not follow up. I am aware of the Staedtler pens, but they actually make the jewels too red. What I use is a sharpie, but I went through a trial and error to find the perfect match. I color a whole bunch of asian mainplates and compared to a swiss mainplate... pics are somewhere in one of my old sales. I'll try and find a model# for the color I use, but it does match the Swiss exactly.

No worries mate :)
The staedtler sharpie is a bit too red, but it's a good approximation. A closer color would be very welcome, this mod is fairly easy and improves a lot the look of the movement :)

kilowattore

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Double post.