• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

pam 040 -oxidised..

bigbadbrad

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
Wow - that coliur is friggin' gorgeous :!: :D PAM should do this themselves ...

Hey Enzo, I didn't know you were into restraint bondage :p :lol: ("wrapped"... do it myself, the phonetic typing thing...)

cheers - BBB

enzo said:
A PLUM gunmetal blue that is sweet! If you rub the surface with your thumb the purple/blue goes to a straw yellow, so I just took it out of the bath and rinsed it with clear water and then cleaned up the glass with a alcohol based screen cleaner. I am not going to touch the oxidised surface, let it wear changed on it's own as I am wrapped with the result!!!
18d45eaf.jpg

azgjav

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
OMG! enzo, please phost some photos of the davidsen case!

i personally will use cape cod to remove the layer of purple and straw coloured residue cause i find that they look ~weird..much prefer the dark grey tone with a hint of purple. :)

wonder who will flame-blue a stainless steel case..i did that to my buckle and it looked good! it's the same buckle as the one i used on the 040.

machen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/06
stainless is not actually STAINLESS - it is highly stain resistant, so i guess i was hoping that it could be oxidized with the oxyclean. I have some extra cases laying aroung that i might try it on.

@azgjav - did the case that you used the oxyclean on have an AR coated crystal on it?? Im wondering if the oxyclean will harm AR. The extra case i have does not have AR coating so I wont know if it will harm the AR crystal in the case I actually want to oxidize without possibly putting the AR in danger.

azgjav

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
enzo - i think a yr or 2 back a p@neristi's 165 was thrown into the fireplace along with a stack of waste paper by his mom..the case came out flame blued..pretty cool! imagine corroding a radiomir case then bluing it..pop in an ultra aged dial and u'll have a pretty cool vintage piece! :)

machen - i threw the case in with the case back and crown secured..and there was no leaks at all..so i can't really comment on that..furthermore, i've removed the ar on the 040 prior to that by using a sanding pad..wanted to keep the 040 as accurate as possible, i think ar was not applied till after the c series..

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
I don't know if anybody has said this outloud yet but: As I understand it black PVD is a Titanium oxide of some kind so you are basicly doing a home PVD on your Ti Pam :lol: