• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Oyster Perpetual 39mm

centrum

27/7/14
Hi guys,
I received my purple dial yesterday! It's beautiful and that color is really cool, you never see it!
In the shade, the watch looks really nice, the details are present and the reflections too. In the sun, it's a little less good.
Small defects on the hands stand out as well as dust on the indexes.
I think a little cleaning could solve this. Even if a dial and gen hands would be an excellent solution!
Damn.. which factory is it?

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

ROSUMI

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/2/21
Someone has buy and OP green JDF ?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 7 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
About to purchase the Rhodium version of this and still caught between the BP 316L SH3135 or the ARF 904L SH3135. The cost difference is around $200. Anyone else have an opinion on these versions?

Cheers

ric88

13/11/21
After reading through 13 pages of this thread. What I got was all factories have their own flaws even the SuperRep ARF. One factory will be better at one color (white = UBT?, Rhodium = ARF?, GMF?) and at the end of the day the differences from the top factories are minimal (thus the arguments). Also, none of the reps can hold their own when placed side by side to a gen and scrutinized closely by a macro lens. But most of them will hold their own at arms length when worn and seen at arms length.

Given that, price will now play a factor. Will it be worth it to go up in price for a rep that still have their own flaws under macro but will look almost the same as the other factories when looked at from arms length?

I am still not good at this (am a noob), as this will be my second time buying a rep. Anyways, after reading through all of these, I have opted for a cheaper BP 316L Rhodium Dial OP39 and hopefully I made the right choice.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
12/3/18
After reading through 13 pages of this thread. What I got was all factories have their own flaws even the SuperRep ARF. One factory will be better at one color (white = UBT?, Rhodium = ARF?, GMF?) and at the end of the day the differences from the top factories are minimal (thus the arguments). Also, none of the reps can hold their own when placed side by side to a gen and scrutinized closely by a macro lens. But most of them will hold their own at arms length when worn and seen at arms length.
Given that, price will now play a factor. Will it be worth it to go up in price for a rep that still have their own flaws under macro but will look almost the same as the other factories when looked at from arms length?
I am still not good at this (am a noob), as this will be my second time buying a rep. Anyways, after reading through all of these, I have opted for a cheaper BP 316L Rhodium Dial OP39 and hopefully I made the right choice.

Same choice I made bro. I advise the 2824. No regrets.

jBaIo3.jpg

ZQkaJk.jpg

​​​​​​​
Z9CAMn.jpg

Reactions: ric88

ric88

13/11/21
Same choice I made bro. I advise the 2824. No regrets.

jBaIo3.jpg

ZQkaJk.jpg

Z9CAMn.jpg

Beautiful watch. It was your advice on another thread that made me choose BPF 316L Rhodium OP39. At arms length I don't think you can see the difference between an ARF (which obviously also has its own flaws). I will be curious on the light play of the watch and how it looks outdoors. How's the crystal on outdoor lighting? Does it get cloudy in certain angles?

​​​​

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
JF dial which I believe is now arf is a true contender for the rhodium

ric88

13/11/21
My BPF Rhodium Dial just arrived and it is as expected. It's not perfect but it does look beautiful at arms length and as long as you don't go macro. I haven't had the time to take outdoor shots as this just arrived at night.

But so far so good. Would see how well it plays on outdoor light tomorrow.

ric88

13/11/21
Here are some outdoor lighting shots of the watch
And here it is under yellow lights of a jewelry store:
Dial seems to have a slight brownish tint when on yellow light. So based on lighting and angle it can turn into many colors (as seen by my previous post a while back). But not sure how accurate it is compared to a gen Dark Rhodium Dial watch.

This is BPF factory by the way.