• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Oyster Perpetual 124300 (41mm) GEN, VS & Clean Comprehensive Comparison

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
Hello, everyone, This is Steve and I am back

A few months ago we did a comparison of Oyster Perpetuals, but unfortunately the timing wasn't right, shortly after the post was published, VS released Oyster Perpetual, and at the time I was thinking that Clean would release as well, after all, the two top factories are competing on many models, and seeing as how VSF went into Oyster Perpetuals, how could Clean not stay still, As expected, Clean followed suit with Oyster Perpetual. So let's take a look at this territory today and see who gets a head start.

58f9e273.jpg
31d47351.jpg

Front Dial View

dba3ddc0.jpg

Light View

I will not comment on the colour, you can compare yourself, in the case of the existence of colour differences, it depends on personal preference, you think which one is more comfortable, then choose which one is right. After all, the level of detail of the two factories we all know very well, and then how, but also not to the point of difference.

30b371fb.jpg
01125149.jpg
0c894c3a.jpg
3d67345c.jpg

Bezel View

The edges of VS don't make a rounded transition and are a bit too sharp, clean does a good job.

As we can see in Figure 4 below, Gen's bezel is beyond the center shell, and VSF has a significant protrusion that is close to the width of Gen , while Clean protrudes only slightly.

f53e45b4.jpg
4646f9eb.jpg
Crystal Side View

The edges vary, Clean chamfer is adequate but seems to be layered a bit too much, whereas VSF has always been the same, with only a rounded transition on the outer edges.

f2f432c0.jpg
2cf15ab5.jpg
5e315d19.jpg
2af6aedc.jpg
5248c7b8.jpg
b157906c.jpg

Crown and Stick View

The surface of VS Crown is a little dirty, but that should be an isolated problem, mainly because the edges are not rounded, while Clean still maintains excellent detail. There is no such thing as a good or bad stick.

f081bcbc.jpg
9b9300a8.jpg

Hands Luminous Fill View

Both factory are nice and grainy,the same as gen.

Last edited:

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
3bdbce34.jpg
db73c43a.jpg
de1cfacb.jpg
1913d6fb.jpg
af9a520d.jpg
23402af2.jpg

Oil Front View

Oil printing has always been the strong point of two factories, regularity and fullness are done very well, we can zoom in to compare, can find its three-dimensional sense of no less than Gen.

dc04a3f8.jpg
a3846380.jpg
5d7b65de.jpg

Middle Axis View

Both factories use solid Middle Axis , all in all, VS is not bad, but Clean is a little better, zoom in to see, VS surface has a little flaw, not flat enough, it seems that VS need to pay attention to the quality control of the parts.

a0ab77e3.jpg
de913dc2.jpg

Rehaut Side View

The clarity of two factories is almost the same, in the view Gen is a bit brighter, in reality the comparison is not so obvious.

e0b25abb.jpg
b42be6e0.jpg
774c22e1.jpg

Crown Side View

When the crown is in the winding position, the stem leaks out slightly differently, Gen leaks out only the threaded part. Both factories have smooth areas, but of course that doesn't matter.

13ca368a.jpg
2f0ac937.jpg

Case Side View

The shapes are all correct and the lugs are all curved in line with Gen

15a193ea.jpg
2f174706.jpg

Caseback View

1aaf0a77.jpg
178964a8.jpg

Endlink Side View

Inside height difference is basically the same, outside curvature VS is a little better, Clean sinks too much.

Last edited:

steve_theonewatches

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
27/6/16
b0c6e948.jpg
40a48bd3.jpg
5caead6b.jpg
9eb1407b.jpg
a1db98d7.jpg
2d4efc08.jpg

Bracelet Details View

52b676be.jpg

Laser Mark View

There is not much to comment on here, VS and Clean look quite similar in the dark.

b2874913.jpg
0775c079.jpg

Movement View

Due to the serious shortage of VS3230 movement, this year VS in many Rolex calendarless models, are equipped with the VS3235 movement released, Oyster Perpetual is the same, although the existence of the calendar vacant gear, but after all, the energy storage here, there are gains and losses, depending on the individual, and Clean is still equipped with the old acquaintance VR3230.

a8abd533.jpg
a436a654.jpg
9f580c30.jpg

Data Comparison View

Note: All measurements are in a clamped state, and there may be tolerance due to slight deviations in the position of the caliper.

Well, this is today’s post, thank you guys for watching, if there are any mistakes, please correct me. If there is anything else I overlooked, you can put it up, and I will try my best to do it complementary and comprehensive, welcome to comment and exchange!

I will continue to bring you more detailed comparisons between replicas and GEN, which is for you guys to better choose your favorite replicas.

(Note: Some photos deviate from the real object due to the angle of the light. The details are mainly written in text. The size of the comparison picture is relatively large. You can download it and enlarge it for comparison.)

Thanks

There is no perfect replica, only your favorite replica.

Steve

Telegram: u/Theonewatches_steve

WhatsApp: + 86-17081934955

Wechat: The5711

Last edited:

Adam_Smith

Certified
23/6/20
I was looking forward to this comparison! Thank you very much.

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
Noticeable differences in the clarity of the xtal between Clean and VSF?

EJ929

Do not accept unsolicited offers
25/2/21
Hi Steve, Can you compare the weight? Thanks!

CyborgCNC

Getting To Know The Place
25/6/18
Awesome Comparison as always! Thank you for this work.....

Buythedip

Certified
1/2/21
Here and there, but more there
Super helpful as always! Thank you.
Both look great.
I’ve seen a number of posts recently commenting on how sturdy/gen like the clean bracelet feels, and conversely, how the bracelets on the VSF OP range isn’t as robust as some of the factories other models.

Seeing as both look great, and because the forum has never let me down so far, I would get the CF version.

Reactions: Spitfire

Pcatewie

7/8/19
Clean all day! As a matter fact I have one 124300 (Silver Dial) incoming, hopefully it'll get here ASAP. The only drawback I can clearly spot is the crown thickness on Clean compared to gen and the sunken SELs, but overall I feel that Clean has put more effort on details and QC.

Here my QC pics (already approved):

LPhiE

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/12/13
SoCal USA
Clean all day! As a matter fact I have one 124300 (Silver Dial) incoming, hopefully it'll get here ASAP. The only drawback I can clearly spot is the crown thickness on Clean compared to gen and the sunken SELs, but overall I feel that Clean has put more effort on details and QC.

Here my QC pics (already approved):

That silver dial is killer. I'm still deciding if I want the green, silver, or yellow/mustard color dials. You are right though, we have to decide which flaws we can live with, so I'll probably end up getting a Clean version eventually. Can't wait to see pics of your OP once you get it!

Reactions: Pcatewie

Pcatewie

7/8/19
That silver dial is killer. I'm still deciding if I want the green, silver, or yellow/mustard color dials. You are right though, we have to decide which flaws we can live with, so I'll probably end up getting a Clean version eventually. Can't wait to see pics of your OP once you get it!
Thanks mate!

Yeah I'll definitely post pics of the watch on wrist once I get it. About the dial colors, typically I'd just buy a black one but given the fact that neither VS o Clean did such a color variation, to me the second best it's the silver dial, that sunburst effect and champaign like tone, sold me! GL with your purchase.

LPhiE

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/12/13
SoCal USA
Thanks mate!

Yeah I'll definitely post pics of the watch on wrist once I get it. About the dial colors, typically I'd just buy a black one but given the fact that neither VS o Clean did such a color variation, to me the second best it's the silver dial, that sunburst effect and champaign like tone, sold me! GL with your purchase.
Thanks!

Tommygunzzzz

Sorry who are?
Certified
16/12/21
Australia
All tiffany dials on reps are basically not good no matter from what factory
Yep agreed, just wanted his thoughts on closest as I think I'm gonna pull the trigger anyway. Prob leaning towards CF.

Here I go again ..

get comfortable end of the day GIF by Kim's Convenience

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
I have a gen black dial.. now I have to choose between vsf and clean..
vsf has a better movement and crystal
Clean has a better case and bracelet
🤔