• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Order Confirmed: ROO Safarai @12 + SS strap

gnerdy

Still New
6/5/10
Hi all,

I just placed an order for a ROO safari with an extra SS from Lay at replicamake.com

Very pleased today when I finally got to the pics and video of my very much desired ROO. I have only ever seen the GEN and I heard that the replica strap wasnt very good to say the least, so I took an extra strap in stainless steel.

Here is the video provided by Lay prior to shipping:

http://www.youtube.com/user/repmake88#p/u/7/R0AaYy2hV1o

let me know your thoughts. I should expect it soon, and will give a full review of that experience. First time buyer online... I usually travel myself to asia but I wanted that watch a lot!

GhWkr.jpg

uO8RK.jpg

QWlbR.jpg

DJbwy.jpg

I will update with my Own pics when it reaches my wrist!!!!

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Great choice...a must have...congrats and don't forget to post some pics about this beauty...

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
looks good, but it needs AR

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
I like the Safari a lot myself, so congrats on a nice watch.
Had the Gen version of on my wrist not long ago out at Heathrow, and well creamy white dials and steel is a sweet combo...

Enjoy and make sure to post pic´s when you get it :D

Ps. If you like the leatherstrap but want to upgrade you can always check out this superb strap.
http://apbands.com/shop/merchant.mv...RN&Category_Code=ROO-HORN-ALL&Product_Count=9

Not cheap, but fantastic!

/J

gnerdy

Still New
6/5/10
thanks for the feedbacks...
i ll definitely upgrade the strap at some point... I checked the AP band straps although I have a feeling I can do better for this amount of money. There is a shop in Paris called ABP.
http://www.abp-paris.com/bracelets-montres_vitrine_bracelets_montres.php?rid=7&&cid=1

They have outstanding reputation but I yet have to check their prices... they might not be an option, but its local for me and I can probably get it tailored made.

I am quite impatient to receive the watch and i ll post my actual pictures in HD plus some wristshot. Some say the watch is too big and alhtough I am not big myself I am sure it will prove otherwise.

GURU, the Gen doesnt have AR... I think it would be a shame to take it further away from the GEN dont you think? I d be happy though to get that kind of upgrade on my next AP replica. I am thinking about the Barrichello II only that I am a big Formula One addict and that I dont particularly like barrichello himself.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
thanks for the feedbacks...
i ll definitely upgrade the strap at some point... I checked the AP band straps although I have a feeling I can do better for this amount of money. There is a shop in Paris called ABP.
http://www.abp-paris.com/bracelets-montres_vitrine_bracelets_montres.php?rid=7&&cid=1

They have outstanding reputation but I yet have to check their prices... they might not be an option, but its local for me and I can probably get it tailored made.

I am quite impatient to receive the watch and i ll post my actual pictures in HD plus some wristshot. Some say the watch is too big and alhtough I am not big myself I am sure it will prove otherwise.

GURU, the Gen doesnt have AR... I think it would be a shame to take it further away from the GEN dont you think? I d be happy though to get that kind of upgrade on my next AP replica. I am thinking about the Barrichello II only that I am a big Formula One addict and that I dont particularly like barrichello himself.

I have bought from ABP but the price is very high. Got a 22mm starp for my wifes PAM48, price was 200 €

Regarding the AR, I know the gen does not have AR, but it looks so much better, the dial is crisp and clear, nobody will know that the gen has no AR, you will get more complements and people believe it is real. On the barricello it is hard to read the time in the evening. here is a pic with AR :facepalm:
APBarrichello004.jpg

newwristis001.jpg

gnerdy

Still New
6/5/10
well, I have to say that you have made a point with the (great) pics GURU. How much did that cost/where? thanks for your excellent input

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
well, I have to say that you have made a point with the (great) pics GURU. How much did that cost/where? thanks for your excellent input

A frenchy ?

:whistle:

Otherwise Guru is right about the AR...and finedd...
The hornback APbands are very good
At your disposal

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
you just bought yourself the most versatile AP! congrats! ABP is expensive for straps... They charge €350 minimum for a hornback, you should pick APbands or HKtan.

Let us know when you received it, I'm also interested in buying this one.

just noticed, is the minute counter @ 9 off centered?

gnerdy

Still New
6/5/10
Yes Yannou, from Paris.. Where are you from? Britany I d guess.

I will take a bit of time to assess if its worth the complication for the AR. First priority is the strap. The brown hornback from AP looks very round and doesnt have the definition that you can sometimes find in a hornback I find... and it cost more than $300. I will get a quote from the local ABP.

thanks

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
let us know what ABP would charge you :), HKTAN might also be an option, if you sent me a PM with your e-mail, I'll e-mail you a pic of his hornback, it's cheaper as well, $269 I guess.

gnerdy

Still New
6/5/10
well well, ABP is €350... that is expensive although there is no shipping charge in that case. I ll PM you for the pics.
I also found another option for a hornback on faubourg saint honoré, Paris for €250 and it is custom made... all option are available at this price. I just need my watch now :)

Edgematic

I'm Pretty Popular
5/8/08
PM replied ;)

Faubourg Saint Honoré, sounds interesting, I will look it up.

btw, can't open the youtube vid, they use music that is not allowed to be played in Belgium, too bad... :(

Klockis

Renowned Member
5/5/10
Just recived my Safari and Black themes today.
I dont think You need AR on the Safari with the white/cream dial.
The black on the other hand could use it.
If You decide to AR use FineDD that others have suggested. I have used hin in the past and he is great.

I have bought a HKtan hornback for the Safari, but it have not arrived yet so I cant comment on the quality.
But for the price I think its good :)

If You want something different, APbands have a "Gummy" style croc for the AP ROO.
I'm thinking of getting a black one for my Black themes but they also have it in brown that I think will look good on the Safari.

gnerdy

Still New
6/5/10
Klockis can you post pictures of the two watches you just got... where did you buy them from?

The safari is going back to Lay to fix the issue with the chrono @ 9 / not alligned :( very very upseting...

It will give me some extra time to think about the replacement strap, although I think I will go local.

Klockis

Renowned Member
5/5/10
Klockis can you post pictures of the two watches you just got... where did you buy them from?

The safari is going back to Lay to fix the issue with the chrono @ 9 / not alligned :( very very upseting...

It will give me some extra time to think about the replacement strap, although I think I will go local.

I got them from Ms. King. My only dealer for out of the box reps.
Fantastic service :)

I will post pics when I get the HKtan strap.
I talked to him last night at it have been shipped and will get to me next week.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
Yes Yannou, from Paris.. Where are you from? Britany I d guess.

I will take a bit of time to assess if its worth the complication for the AR. First priority is the strap. The brown hornback from AP looks very round and doesnt have the definition that you can sometimes find in a hornback I find... and it cost more than $300. I will get a quote from the local ABP.

thanks

From Lyon my friend...:lol:

-XXXX-

Known Member
12/7/10
Great watch but the modified 7750 it is a bit of a Russian roulette. I had to send mine for repair twice in 2 months. The first one just stopped working after a couple of days, and I got a brand new one. The second one was fine for few days but then all of a sudden the chrono hour at 6 started to play up and became engaged even when the chrono fuction was off. A lot of hassle for a 500$ watch.