• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Orange PO... your thoughts?

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Hey everyone, I'm looking at purchasing an orange PO from WE (possibly)

here's the one...
http://www.watcheden.com/omega-seam...omatic-with-orange-bezel-i-10168{0}1-p-1.html

I'm just wondering what your thoughts are; I have pretty small wrists, and I'm not sure if it will be huge on me, or whatnot. I have daytona's and a sub and a milgauss. I think those are around 40mm and this one says it's 45mm. Will it be a lot bigger?
I know it all comes down to personal preference, but I'd like some input from the watch community if you don't mind.

Thanks for the help!

- Jesse

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
You might look at Narikaa's 42.5mm orange PO. I have one and love it on my 7" wrist.

POwrist2.jpg

At a fair price, too.

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
I looked at Narikaa site; didn't see any photo's of this model in stock, perhaps I'll have to send over a PM for some info.

My wrist is only 6.75" so the 42.5mm may be best.

Is that particular one a 21j movement? It looks great, that orange is so nice! I'm kind of drawn to the SS bracelet myself.

Thanks for the help, dang small wrists...

awynne56

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/12/09
6.75 is the same size as my wrist, My 45.5 PO looks great, its also pretty thick but sits well on the wrist. I guess it all depends on what you like

andygt

Known Member
23/7/09
You also might want to post in the Omega section rather than the Rolex one :)

16/9/09
Hi,
I really love my 45.5 PO from Narikaa but it is indeed a huge watch. As already said by others, it depends on your wrist size... If you go with the 45.5 any other watch will feel small compared to the PO, the PO kind of sets new standards ;-). Anyway you should try to get your PO from Narikaa as the one from your link has a not very accurate bracelet and as far as I can see the letters on the clasp are not engraved... The one from Narikaa has really great value for the buck and quite nice bracelet and engraved letters. But you definitely chose a great watch for your next purchase!

Bob Bean

Horology Curious
11/1/09
You can't go wrong with Narikka's PO.
I recently bought a 42 for the wife and a 45 for myself.
A bit of silicone grease and away you go.
We had ours out, deep in the ocean for 2 weeks over Xmas without any issues at all.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Moved to where it belongs. :)

Col.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
I love my UPO Pumpkin! But, alas, I find the orange VERY limiting when trying to match the watch to the clothing. Pretty much, a black Polo is about the only shirt I have found with which it doesn't clash.
Beautiful watch, though.
WatchPics057.jpg

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
21J, AR. Send him a PM and he'll put you on his buy list so when he goes to Thailand, you'll have one reserved. The same applies if you want the black bezel. I bought both the rubber and the bracelet; it's on steel right now. Great value, IMO. Just don't get all caught up in the HE valve thing. I agree with LMR: the orange makes it less versatile. So when it's on, it's a hoot!

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I have the black one...Amazing watch...And i have a tiny wrist if that counts...No second thoughts,BUY it and you will not regret it!!!

Bronzy

I'm Pretty Popular
4/12/09
Moved to where it belongs. :)

Col.

Thanks Col. I was wondering how I got so many responses... ;) But thanks for getting this in the right spot, my bad!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll shoot a message over to Narikaa and see if I can go for the 42.5mm version, as I don't think I'm ready for the jump to a really big watch just yet...

I think with browns the watch'll look good too... and maybe even a dark blue, but I'm not really a denver bronco's fan and that might just look cheesy, lol. My green Milgauss sometimes feels the same way (a little less versatility of styles/color options, but I sure love that thing too!).

Thanks all, I'll let you know what happens!

nbarker

Known Member
25/4/09
@lmr you actually match your watches to your shirt?? wow almost as bad as me matching mine to my purse and shows lmao

jerryss

10/9/08
I love the 45mm from Narikka - I am 6'3", and it fits me well - it's a great watch!!

Jerry
web.jpg

maxlawbr

Put Some Respect On My Name
27/9/06
I have 2 PO, one from angus (44mm Orange) and one from Narikka (42mm Black).

The Orange one is very difficult to match with clothes, but the 42 Black is stunning, an awesome watch, even in small wrists.

Go for the black 42mm, you can even use it with a suit.

Max

pcsam

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
22/3/09
get the 42 from Narikka or you can ask fakey nicely and he may make you one ........... not as cheap as Narikka but it will be hand made ?????

Narikka has nice watches fakey makes nice watches ...............

-EZ-

13/3/07
I love my UPO Pumpkin! But, alas, I find the orange VERY limiting when trying to match the watch to the clothing. Pretty much, a black Polo is about the only shirt I have found with which it doesn't clash.
Beautiful watch, though.

i know what you mean. I used to try to color match my pumpkin PO too. But at some point I thought "screw it" and let it stand on its own as a bold flash of color. Try it...it's very liberating. Most people will actually notice the watch more.

btw, it's been mentioned before, but both agent DiNozzo and Gibbs wear pumpkin POs on NCIS. And they do it with everything from fleeces and polos to dark suits and brown blazers.