• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Orange PO (The next generation) from Precious Time

madonna

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/3/06
Hi.

Posted this on RWG, but thought it might be of interest also here.

Received my orange PO from PT today (Only 6 days including national holiday in between)

Here are some quick shots.

Must admit I think it is beautiful, and very close to "the real thing"

Please feel free to comment :D

PT_PlanetOcean_NextGen004.jpg

PT_PlanetOcean_NextGen010.jpg

PT_PlanetOcean_NextGen012.jpg

PT_PlanetOcean_NextGene001.jpg

PT_PlanetOcean_NextGene003.jpg

PT_PlanetOcean_NextGene010.jpg

PT_PlanetOcean_NextGene011.jpg

PT_PlanetOcean_NextGene012.jpg

PT_PlanetOcean_NextGene014.jpg

PT_PlanetOcean_NextGene013.jpg

PT_PlanetOcean_NextGene019.jpg

PT_PlanetOcean_NextGene021.jpg

bam rock

8/4/06
Wow. Gorgeous watch. I want one SOOOOO bad. Definitely topping my wish list. But I want to wait until the "generation" gap settles down. It seems like weekly they have new generations. But this one's gorgeous. I want it by November cause I'm going to be flossin' it at the new Bond flick ;) Do you mind me asking how much it cost?

bignasty

16/3/06
I agree a gorgeous watch! I almost pulled the trigger on this, but I went w/ Andrew's 4th Gen instead. I couldn't deal with the lack of AR on the crystal though the Box Set and extra strap make it a very lucrative offer!

Wear it well!

Jon

bam rock

8/4/06
Whats the difference between this and Andrew's 4th gen (besides AR that I didn't know about until now)

bignasty

16/3/06
As far as I know not much difference except the lack of AR coating and two others that come into mind.

1. The Omega Logo is too high, but its too low on Andrew's :wink:

2. The Orange PO should have very small orange lines on the sides of the triangle on the bezel. Hard to put this into words but the triangle around the bezel pearl should have very thin orange lines on either side. Andrew's has this like the gen.

Of course they both should have a Anti-Magnetic plate covering the rotor of the movement. I know Andrew's lacks this. I don't know if PT's version has it or not, though I'm thinking it doesn't.

All in all these are small flaws that all reps will have. You've got a great watch and very cool accessories. Wear it well and don't sweat the small stuff.

Cheers

Jon 8)

stangvert

8/4/06
Very Nice

Can anyone compare trusty's watch to the above. He claim's that he has the best. Any opinions? I too have been holding out, but I don't know how much longer that I can.

sevomd

Renowned Member
31/3/06
Re: Very Nice

stangvert said:
Can anyone compare trusty's watch to the above. He claim's that he has the best. Any opinions? I too have been holding out, but I don't know how much longer that I can.

Isn't this the 45mm one that PT was selling. The Andrew 4th gen is 42.5mm. I don't know what the movement is in the PT PO.
4th gen is ETA.
Eddy

bignasty

16/3/06
sevomd said:
stangvert said:

Isn't this the 45mm one that PT was selling. The Andrew 4th gen is 42.5mm. I don't know what the movement is in the PT PO.
4th gen is ETA.
Eddy

No this is in fact a 42.5-43mm watch. The 45mm refers to measurement w/ the crown. I had already pulled the trigger on these until I discussed w/ PT these measurements. I have Andrew's 4th gen in transit but would absolutely pull the trigger on a 45.5mm PO if someone came out w/ one that had sapphire and ETA movt!

Jon

bam rock

8/4/06
Thats my big hold up. I tried on the gen and the 45 compared to 42 is night and day. It doesn't sound like much but after trying both I wouldn't go near the 42. Andrew has a 45 for 108$ and it looks pretty good. It's asian but thats a very tempting price.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
bignasty said:
Of course they both should have a Anti-Magnetic plate covering the rotor of the movement. I know Andrew's lacks this. I don't know if PT's version has it or not, though I'm thinking it doesn't.

All in all these are small flaws that all reps will have. You've got a great watch and very cool accessories. Wear it well and don't sweat the small stuff.
My 2nd gen ETA PO has an anti-magnetic plate ... I got it off my brother who liked it so much he bought a Gen 45mm.

tag

Horology Curious
16/5/06
The logo

The logo on the dial is too high. It should be closer to 'OMEGA'.
Trusty's is a little bit too close to 'OMEGA' compared to the gen but still more accurate.

How much did you get it for?

BTW...
What's PT's website or email adress?

madonna

16/3/06
For those who are interested.

Price including shipping was £ 150 ( abour US$ 280 ) for the complete set.

Set includes white outer box, red inner box, orange leather strap and the PO with metal bracelet.

Size of case is a little over 43mm, 46mm if I include the crown.
( I guess that makes it the 42,5mm version ? )

I prefer this logo's placement to the one "squeezed" on top of the Omega text, even if it is not correct for the 42,5mm ( But is correct for a 45mm I think ? )

Crystal does not have AR coating as far as I can see, but I was not expecting it either. :D

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@madonna. Would you mind sticking to For Sale section and abide to its rule? It's for our own good.

madonna

16/3/06
Sorry. I did not want to give the impression I want to sell it. :shock:

I love it and have no plans at all to sell.

The price information was just how much I paid myself ( price is also listed in PT's area on this forum) as an answer to @tag above.

tag

Horology Curious
16/5/06
takashi said:
@madonna. Would you mind sticking to For Sale section and abide to its rule? It's for our own good.

everything is under control.
madonna was answering my question.......... :lol:

ncbuckeye3

Horology Curious
23/4/06
takashi said:
Sure! Your clarification is very much appreciated.

Not sure clarification was needed, it was obvious in the post that Madonna was giving stats of what was paid and what was included. It never said it was for sale, was written in the past tense.

Watcher

17/3/06
takashi said:

I'm getting a bit sick of this childish' selling' attitude on this forum form little hitler's with nothing better to worry about.

I too agree that NO clarification was needed so GROW UP!

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
Watcher said:
I'm getting a bit sick of this childish' selling' attitude on this forum form little hitler's with nothing better to worry about.
Then you don't have to sell anything here. The rules were first put here to protect the buyers (and sellers) and they have done very well in that regard.

There were several instances of people not getting what was pictured and the like, and that brought the rule into being.

The rules are here to protect both the buyer and the seller. They were not written to make moderators feel superiour.