• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Orange Bezel 42mm PO QC Pics from Trevor

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
I have ordered the ultimate 42mm PO that Trevor recently listed under his section on here for 188 bucks

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/omega-planet-ocean-42-mm-83754

I am posting these QC shots as I believe the watch in the QC photos is not the same version as is shown in Trevors thread. The two areas I have noticed are that the He valve seems too low on my QC pics and that there doesnt seem to be any 7 o'clock lug serial number in the QC photos. I am still new to this game but would appreciate your more learned opinions.

Compare these two photos of my QC pictures with the ones in the thread above:
DSC_1495.jpg

DSC_1493-1-1.jpg

Thanks guys.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
I think you maybe are right on that one. The angle though isnt healping, cant be sure about the HE valve, i also cant see a serial and i can see something where the globe is supposed to be but not quite sure there also. Beside that the watch is ready to ship...

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Good eyes Lads. No globe, SN# and the HEV looks low. Maybe he can explain or show a better pic? :shlug:

bama1965

Renowned Member
26/7/11
North America
Magnified the bottom image using Gimp.

No Serial at 7:00 lug:
DSC_1493-1-1.jpg

No anti-counterfeit image on edge of case-back:
DSC_1493-1-11.jpg

Ken

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
I think you maybe are right on that one. The angle though isnt healping, cant be sure about the HE valve, i also cant see a serial and i can see something where the globe is supposed to be but not quite sure there also. Beside that the watch is ready to ship...

Thanks for the comments guys. I have another photo of the HE postion and it is definitely lower. The globe is evident from another photo, but the serial number is certainly missing.
Does this make it an older version? I thought the sn and he postition were a good indicator as to how recent a version these watches are.

I have pointed the two issues out to trevor and his communication has been great so far. I cant fault the service to date.

I will have to wait to see what he comes up with.

Magnified the bottom image using Gimp.

No Serial at 7:00 lug:
DSC_1493-1-1.jpg

No anti-counterfeit image on edge of case-back:
DSC_1493-1-11.jpg

Ken

Good work on the SN Ken. I have another pic which I think just about shows the globe on the rear case:
DSC_1494-1.jpg

bama1965

Renowned Member
26/7/11
North America
Yes I see the globe now. Could not see it under 400x zoom but it is there.

Good luck with your purchase.

Ken

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
It is a v5 but maybe from a different factory..
I have a v5 one from MR, which looks in a lots os parts the same, but has the correct he position and anticounterfeit logo in the back..
p.s.
The one advertised from trevor has this parts correct

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
yea i don't see a sn#. the He is low as well i think. it's not "as advertised" get another or your money back. this looks a bit like "bait and switch" not cool.

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Trevor agrees with us about the serial number missing, however is struggling to see my issue with the he valve position.
He is sourcing me another watch, hopefully by tomorrow he reckons.
Still delighted with the communication and service I am getting.
I will keep you guys posted with the next QC pics.

giobo

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/5/10
Glad to hear he is going to find something else for you...
I think you will be pleased...

Omega_007

Horology Curious
31/8/11
Slightly worrying that a so called 5th gen po is appearing with the HE valve in the wrong place just after they got it correct.

One more thing to check when ordering one.

Although

22218462001001-20.png

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Well, Trevor sent me the QC pics of the replacement watch, and this time the serial number is there, and guess what.........., the he valve is in the higher position.
I sent him a response to say I was happy with the watch so I am just waiting for delivery.
Again, all credit to Trevor for speed of communication and general efficiency when it comes to sourcing alternative watches. I am delighted with his service so far.

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Well, it only took 7 days to arrive, from China to Scotland. Can't complain about that at all. This is the first time I had anything delivered using EMS and I must say that for someone who likes to check several times a day to see if the parcel has progressed, this really is the postal service to go with.
Overall impressions of the watch.........wow........but then i am comparing it to my cheapie Silix PO. No comparison really.
The weight, finish, and general look on the wrist is mightily impressive. Thanks to Trevor for an impeccable shopping experience from start to finish. I will definitely be using him again in the future.
Now to the pics......
IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

Not regretting going for the Orange bezel version at all.......it certainly grabs the attention.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Trevor is very underrated. Good dealer.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Yes MrZ, Trevor is good.

Slightly worrying that a so called 5th gen po is appearing with the HE valve in the wrong place just after they got it correct.

One more thing to check when ordering one.

Although

22218462001001-20.png

This is the smaller 37.5mm version PO. The HEV is supposed to be that low for this model.

Omega_007

Horology Curious
31/8/11
Yes MrZ, Trevor is good.

This is the smaller 37.5mm version PO. The HEV is supposed to be that low for this model.

The new 42 is bang on the 50 now though, not above as before.

23232422101003-20.png

That's an awesome deal for the 2824 version, I went with the DG version in orange.

How much is shipping to UK ?

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Shipping was $28 for EMS. I thought it was worth it purely to be able to track it all the way to your door in the UK.

The new PO also has the red "Seamaster" on the dial. Might take the factories a little while to catch up with the latest gen.

Craig88

Renowned Member
25/8/11
How is the pearl? They usually seem to be the most flawed of the po's.

Comc

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Craig
I am no expert as far as rep pearls go, but it seems well centred.