• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OP 114300 white QC question

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Ah, okay, a slight difference, thanks.

Those tiny differences go straight over my head though - I think I'm genuinely lucky not to see/care about smaller flaws!

My eyes saw and my mind said "something doesn't look right" then my brain registered and it came out.. Them Hands are Short!!!! lol

Reactions: vcappp

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
thanks OP for uploading pictures. Bu the way, is this UBF bracelet good?

Also, the dial printing ROLEX and OYSTER PERPETUAL alignment and positions are slightly different than the Gen. Isn’t it? I am not sure if the gen also has a variation of the dial printing.

What is the detail difference between UBF index and ARF index for this model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
thanks OP for uploading pictures. Bu the way, is this UBF bracelet good?

Also, the dial printing ROLEX and OYSTER PERPETUAL alignment and positions are slightly different than the Gen. Isn’t it? I am not sure if the gen also has a variation of the dial printing.

What is the detail difference between UBF index and ARF index for this model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very welcome. I don't have the ubf in hand yet will ad details then.

compared to arf according to bracelet I have no hands on but I can say arf would be better as they are king for their bracelets.

as far as Gen vs UBF dial printing and everything else: I don't expect wonders for an affordable rep but I'm sure I'll be happy with it as is :)

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
What did you think about yours in the end OP? I'm quite happy with mine for the price. It's not as good as the ARF for sure, but for the price it's pretty decent. The bracelet feels lighter and tinnier, but I suspect a baby oil bath will improve that feel a lot. Surrounded by two ARFs:

Reactions: KJ2020 and MIA6268

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
What did you think about yours in the end OP? I'm quite happy with mine for the price. It's not as good as the ARF for sure, but for the price it's pretty decent. The bracelet feels lighter and tinnier, but I suspect a baby oil bath will improve that feel a lot. Surrounded by two ARFs:

I wish I could tell you! I haven't received it yet but should be here soon!

yours looka great! I think you got the (short hands) version, somehow the 39mm are receiving the 34mm OP hands!

I see the ARF version is definitely legit even the case looks different then the ubf, mostly noticed it in the lug thickness, maybe its the angle? Idk

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I think you got the (short hands) version, somehow the 39mm are receiving the 34mm OP hands!

Indeed. Thanks to your pictorial explanation, I realised they were short when I got QC, but as I said, I just don't notice it so I didn't bother rejecting it. The ARF a is undoubtedly a better product, but then again, it costs double ish so it should be!

Reactions: KJ2020

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
OP white received! Couldn't be happier with it. The bracelet needs a baby oil bath as mentioned above, (after I did felts smooth like gen)
Some memebers were wondering about the dial color, if it was white or if it was gen like being off white.

here it is against a white paper, it definitely has that gen like off white color, oh and yes it also has that shimmer metallic/pearl effect a very nice touch gen like as well.

don't be fulled though it does look pretty whit in some lighting conditions

it is a stunner for sure though! The bracelet is just right on my 6.5 inch wrist full links bracelet so if you have a larger wist may need to add one.

Redheart

17/5/19
Oh my, I should have keep an order on that OP instead of switching to another model! Good that you like the white dial with that shimmer effect, it looks great!

Reactions: KJ2020

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
I'm surprised to hear the UBF bracelet feels lighter than the ARF bracelet. I measured a single link of my UBF OP bracelet and it was 99% accurate to the gen weight. However it did feel light to me too, but this was coming from a submariner bracelet that I am certain weighs more because of the more complex clasp on it.

Can anyone confirm whether the UBF bracelet is actually too light? I don't think any decent factories make hollow links anymore so I'm not sure why it should be lighter.