• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Onyx Datejust 16014.

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
I love this, but I know my limits. I can't rock this credibly 😅
absolutely you can. Your Uncle sold his business in the 80s and bought it...and he has passed it on to you. ....dont use this story if the people you talk to know your uncle. or you do not have an uncle lol

• Haha
Reactions: Itto and Karbon74

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
these onyx dials....damn beauty

New York Fashion Week Reaction GIF by NYFW: The Shows

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
absolutely you can. Your Uncle sold his business in the 80s and bought it...and he has passed it on to you. ....dont use this story if the people you talk to know your uncle. or you do not have an uncle lol
If you need to tell such a story, then you are already burned 😅

brahmabull

On the hunt for PAM163,212,213,288,286,253,228,297
Supporter
Certified
7/11/10
Tar on toe
Beautiful build. Congratulations. Looks awesome.

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Nice work !! looks good.

how fun was it to work with a gloss black dial like that...talk about a dust and smudge magnet.

How fun was trying to set up that DWO? lol

I was having issues with the dwo rubbing on the underside of the dial cant use a spacer because then it will raise up the dial and the hands wont fit or they will scratch the dial so I had to help the date change along , until I was able to clearance the dwo while focusing on the position of the dial on the movement , however I have longer post hands in transit which I will swap over to so that I can add a spacer to allow the date to snap over at midnight.

building date watches that involve dwo is not my favorite task but you do hard stuff to get better.

numero2

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/09
FR
Thanks Guys,

@369mafia this dial is a real nightmare. Even if you use finger gloves, you will have some little marks on it and a lot of dust.
After install it many times to check the good center of the DW, you can wash iy with some water and soap, then dry it with a little bit of warm air.

I've got the same issue as you for the DW even if i'd installed the dial spacer. Plus, the feet of the dial are too short, so i can't lock it on the movement.
For the feet, it doesn't matter because the set is retained by the clamps but for the DW is not the same story.

I noticed that the DW of my A2836 seems to be too thick, so i will try to swap it with the one i've got in stock.

In your case, i think it will be better to change canon pinion high of the movement. Maybe swap it with a H4 if it's not too high for your case. So you will be abble to install the dail spacer.

Reactions: 369mafia

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Certified
5/2/22
EU
These onyx dials will never loose their beauty!
Congratulations on the build, very nice.

Reactions: 369mafia

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Thanks Guys,

@369mafia this dial is a real nightmare. Even if you use finger gloves, you will have some little marks on it and a lot of dust.
After install it many times to check the good center of the DW, you can wash iy with some water and soap, then dry it with a little bit of warm air.

I've got the same issue as you for the DW even if i'd installed the dial spacer. Plus, the feet of the dial are too short, so i can't lock it on the movement.
For the feet, it doesn't matter because the set is retained by the clamps but for the DW is not the same story.

I noticed that the DW of my A2836 seems to be too thick, so i will try to swap it with the one i've got in stock.

In your case, i think it will be better to change canon pinion high of the movement. Maybe swap it with a H4 if it's not too high for your case. So you will be abble to install the dail spacer.

YEah I guess because of the position of the dwo it rubs on the top part of the movement causing it to not function as expected. perhaps @pompompurin can offer some sage advice on the dwo change issue. not sure he still builds them with 2824 movements anymore but would appreciate his input on this .