• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Only in China...

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
15 days, actually. But even 15 days - it's practically impossible.
But what is even more interesting - you can't, actually, buy any property in China - not a house, not even an apartment. They lease to you for 70 years or even less. So, after this, you have to pay again, or move out. I always laugh, when my chinese friends proudly say - I just bought a condo!!! You didn't "buy" it, dumb, you leased it for some time, you can't even leave it to your kids!!!

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
It's like that in many countries. I was trying to buy a home in Baja some years ago, and they told me I was not allowed to own land because I was not born in Mexico. They would gladly do that kind of lease. I told them to beat off and die. My other option was purchasing it through my wife. But if i ever were to get divorced, i'd be SOL on that property ! No thanks.

I'm very curious on how that guy will deconstruct. I was involved in that type of project here in So Cal, where a builder went two stories higher than the FAA alllowed. It was a clusterfawk.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I don't know how they can live in that horrible smog. Yuk!

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
The same way people in LA did for years ! :hehehe:

True enough but you start to wonder when they, like L.A., will make an effort to improve their air. Probably when they put a total ban on repmaking, never.

Luthier

30/9/09
Air in L.A. is about 100 times cleaner, than in Beijing. You literally, can't breath there in some areas.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Air in L.A. is about 100 times cleaner, than in Beijing. You literally, can't breath there in some areas.

Yep. I remember LA back in the late sixties and early seventies man it was awful air. Now the towns in the San Joaquin valley have the worst air in the country so they say. I feel sorry the chinese that have to breath that stuff everyday.

Niek

7/9/12
Well I think the owner of that property had a nice thing going for himself, his own cliff in the middle of a city like Beijing. He didn't get to enjoy it that long though, I think he didn't expect this but he still wouldn't give a rat's arse.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Great, I have to head there tomorrow for a meeting. Blah !

Well, look on the bright side, you will all that fantastic scenery to enjoy particularly between Bakersfield and Fresno :huh:

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
15 days, actually. But even 15 days - it's practically impossible.
But what is even more interesting - you can't, actually, buy any property in China - not a house, not even an apartment. They lease to you for 70 years or even less. So, after this, you have to pay again, or move out. I always laugh, when my chinese friends proudly say - I just bought a condo!!! You didn't "buy" it, dumb, you leased it for some time, you can't even leave it to your kids!!!

If you think about it, You dont own land anywhere in the world. When you "buy" the land, that is just sort of down payment on it. Property tax is your real mortgage. And you can keep paying that tax for years but property never still be yours. So nobody actually owns the land. They are just "honest" in china. LOL.

Luthier

30/9/09
If you think about it, You dont own land anywhere in the world. When you "buy" the land, that is just sort of down payment on it. Property tax is your real mortgage. And you can keep paying that tax for years but property never still be yours. So nobody actually owns the land. They are just "honest" in china. LOL.
Property tax has nothing to do with the property payment. If I bought a house - it's mine, I can leave to my kids, they can leave it to their kids, nobody, ever, would be asked to pay for this house again. I pay registration fee for every of my cars too, does it mean I don't own my cars?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Property tax has nothing to do with the property payment. If I bought a house - it's mine, I can leave to my kids, they can leave it to their kids, nobody, ever, would be asked to pay for this house again. I pay registration fee for every of my cars too, does it mean I don't own my cars?

You own cars ? I saw you on the 110 hitching a ride last time ? :hehehe:

I offered you a ride in my 64 Impala and you said no

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13

When you buy a watch its yours because you don't pay on it again. House, you will keep paying on it as will your kids. Land will never be yours. You might not agree and we don't have to. It is just my opinion. If it is yours, why do that take your land away if you fail to pay taxes on it? Because it wasn't your's. You just rent it from the government and that is why you pay them every year.

Luthier

30/9/09
Do you pay for your house over and over again? No. That was my point. You also do NOT pay for your land. You pay TAX. If you paid $600,000 for a piece of land, where your house is, do you pay same amount again? Nope. Land IS mine, because I can do whatever I want on this land. Try to modify ANYTHING you lease. Fat chance.