• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Only 2 mods on you're 5GPO - what would you have?

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Gendialsunnycrystal and GencrownHevalvetubeandbracelet.

Those are my 2 picks. ;) Enjoy.

grejfoku

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/13
If you ever made a side by side comparison with a Gen you most probably realised that the MOST OBVIOUS tell of the rep is the foggy brownish tint of the crystal. Go for a Sunnydale crystal!:)

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
Foggy brownish tint? I swear some of you make stuff up for giggles. I have four (yes four) v.5 PO42's and not one has a foggy crystal with a brownish tint. All are blue, like the earlier gen PO42's, and all are perfectly clear. I have never so much as seen a photo of one with a foggy brownish tinted crystal.

Seriously, the only mods I'd do to a v.5 are the gen crown and tube (if it needs it, like one of mine) and relume the hands, pearl and markers. Anything else is just buggering about with money I would put towards a gen.

jeffw69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/10/11
The pearl always sticks out to me, so I would say gen bezel with the gen pearl.
2nd, I would say gen hands.

grejfoku

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/1/13
Foggy brownish tint? I swear some of you make stuff up for giggles. I have four (yes four) v.5 PO42's and not one has a foggy crystal with a brownish tint. All are blue, like the earlier gen PO42's, and all are perfectly clear. I have never so much as seen a photo of one with a foggy brownish tinted crystal.

Seriously, the only mods I'd do to a v.5 are the gen crown and tube (if it needs it, like one of mine) and relume the hands, pearl and markers. Anything else is just buggering about with money I would put towards a gen.

By mentioning the brownish tint I do not mean the colour of the AR which is really blue of course but the colour of the crystal material. It is just not clear but has a slightly brownish colour which gives a yellowish shade to all the makers and the hands. BTW the blue tint of the AR is approx 5 times stronger than the gen.
Since my watch is in parts I can post a comparison pic with the rep and the sunny crystal soon. You will see what I mean.