• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMF DiW Carbon GMT

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Link to the gen: https://diw.watch/products/rolex-diw-ntpt-carbon-gmt-master-ii-speedster-gmt-retail-eur-32490

Overall the OMF is a stunning result. However, some of the details are off. I'll put on a small list with the flaws I found so far and I invite more expert people to share their thoughts too

- Bezel numbers' color is off. OMF is white while gen is platinum-coated like
- Carbon finish is awesome. However, on the OMF is more like "fluid" watery effect while on gen is more "meteorite-like"
- Definitely needs a better crystal. A prof's 2xAR would do miracles on this dial
- OMF has the coronet between swiss made while gen doesn't. So not sure if it even uses the correct movement. This example has the same time setting as the CF GMTs
- I noticed on some gens that caseback is engraved after the model's name. For example, the Motley has "Motley" engraved. This one has "Everose" while it should have "Speedster" I suppose
- Excellent rehaut. Well aligned, nicely engraved and serial spacing is spot on.
- Bezel action is very close to gen unlike the CF GMTs as we all know. Less than 0.5mm play and very solid and "determined" clicks
- Feels light but not as light as others say. It definitely feels more than 50gr

Verdict. I think I'll keep it and try to source a prof's crystal (assuming it will be as good fit as in SS cases). Might also try to find someone to modify the numbers' color on the insert to silver one

Feel free to comment and share your thoughts! I hope I helped the ones with doubts to decide if they want to order or no :)

Reactions: RedBearrd

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Got my QC and I have approved already. Liking the overall look of watch very much.

On the down side, the case back has been engraved sloppy and there is no white paint on the lettering

c79ff90b55ba130d4a3054adeaf97652.jpg

534bfef9a14f945c3f07c93a703431fd.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Got my QC and I have approved already. Liking the overall look of watch very much.

On the down side, the case back has been engraved sloppy and there is no white paint on the lettering

c79ff90b55ba130d4a3054adeaf97652.jpg

534bfef9a14f945c3f07c93a703431fd.jpg

Looks good bro, dammit I like this too, haha.

airBUSdriver

Supporter
Certified
2/2/20
EU

Approved my QC. I “ordered“ a different one (carbon dial with sand bracelet) but always wanted a white/creme dial. So why not. It‘s a fun watch anyways. Stay tuned for better pictures. :)

Meicmo84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/20
Asia
For the very same one that sells for 44K Euro or for the omf rep? :p

???? The OMF one, or from this new/other factory that just released a few models on trustytime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Djmoose5

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/20
I really like the carbon gmts! So on the fence about getting one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hulks31

Horology Curious
29/8/16
Other than a slight alignment issue the crystal is very nice. Only a jeweler with Diw knowledge would after careful examination question it. The eve rose on the back is wrong. But I am very happy to wear this piece

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Finally received my watch today. Tbh I am not really feeling it.

The watch has its pros and cons, per usual. Liking the weight and the bezel look. Don’t like the dial that much, the carbon is too gray imo and the strap does not fit my tiny wrist, so its too loose.
Maybe will sell it, let’s give it a nights rest!

VG87

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
30/5/21
Finally received my watch today. Tbh I am not really feeling it.

The watch has its pros and cons, per usual. Liking the weight and the bezel look. Don’t like the dial that much, the carbon is too gray imo and the strap does not fit my tiny wrist, so its too loose.
Maybe will sell it, let’s give it a nights rest!

Feel free to share some pics!

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Double post, but relevant in this thread

Some insights after a good nights sleep.
Yes the bezel was done properly w/r to the inlay of the numbers. No paint residue left over.
The other (unknown) factory does this differently, more gen like. I like OMF’s technique better though. Too bad the golden paint of the crown does not match the color of the bezel numbers; it’s too bright. The dots between the hour markers are outlined in gold on the gen, here they are just white. Should be platinum pain dust?

There is a Russian gen review video on YouTube if anyone is interested.
https://youtu.be/VD3O79xZ9SU
The inlay of the golden bezel numbers has been properly copied by the ‘other’ rep factory.

Carbon. Liking the pattern on the case but not on the dial. Not an expert on how it should look, wavey? Color should be more black not so much gray.

The dial looks already like a meteorite dial right now ha, it’s hard to even see the hour markers let alone the time. I guess I have been spoiled by VSF and the ‘floating’ hour markers on the Omega SMP. They look flat here on the dial, but I am comparing different sets I know.
The hands look alright.

The caseback, let’s not go there. Short cuts were made. Not important that much for me.

Movement. Winding of the crown could better, the gears needs some oil. Nothing too surprising. Gmt hand can be changed individually. All in all it keeps accurate time so good!

The strap does not fit and that’s a deal breaker for me. I could ask member strappy to make me a custom short one but can’t be bothered really. I have decided to sell it for someone else to enjoy it
1a0f9a6318df95e6a34c1b4ad031974f.jpg

Reactions: Meicmo84