• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OMEGA SPECTRE Seamaster MKS vs VSF conclusion. Cuz I got them both.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
I have the new VSF and is pretty good, but in the pics the MKS dial looks soooo much better. It`s a shame that VSF is not on par with that. Next update maybe.

Reactions: LaPavel

Oakleyspatz

Horology Curious
26/10/18
"However, the watch expert also told me that VSF's movement is not really gen-like clone either. It is just an effective marketing strategy. " could you please confirm from your watchmaker why?

The most obvious difference is it is not a free sprung movement (no reps are) but also has a visible balance spring regulator whereas the MKS only has the adjuster visible (closer to the gen) but is missing the adjuster pin at the end.
I could show this very clearly if I could attach some images but for some reaaon it won't allow me to. Basically download an image of the gen movement and compare the arm coming from the center of the balance bridge (over the spring) then look at the VSF. It has two arms in a 'V' fornation.

jasonlee123

Horology Curious
21/2/20
Hi. To the friends that have bought MK spectre watch, is the watch still working good so far? Would love to buy one for the price but wonder why it has become cheaper recently. Hope to get some advice here

sveritchev

Horology Curious
5/4/16
Hi Guys, I have got my Spectre from MKS and I should tell you that it it leaves indeed a feeling of a fantastic rep. I have not seen the gen Spectre close by though. The flaws of the back case are of less importance to me as you don't see it most of the time. The front side is stunning! Regarding the movement, having read various forums I have my impression that a decorated Asian (thus standard) movement is more reliable than a custom made VSF super clone. As there are no other comparable versions of Spectre on the market, MKS seems to be a great choice. The minor flaw would be the alignment of the minutes prints along the bezel. None of the pictures that I have seen so far (neither VSF nor MKS) show a perfectly centered print on the bezel. At the same time the misalignment is so small that you could only spot it with a loop. At lease, I consider my one as acceptable.

Regarding the second arrow, I could not spot am issue as mentioned upstream this section. Maybe someone could still comment on that?

I have removed the steel band, just don't really like it compared to Seamaster Diver or PO ones. Also don't like the NATO strap. Placed a temporary leather strap and meanwhile looking for a good 21 mm silicone strap that would fit.

sveritchev

Horology Curious
5/4/16
And here is an update with a proper strap. As said before, I neither like the original steel bracelet of Spectre nor the NATO strap. To my taste, it wears and looks best with a standard Planet Ocean silicone strap. I think it underlines the old-school design of the watch better. And I think when it goes to "that retro outlook", the Spectre has more of it than LMPO.

myscrnnm

Horology Curious
11/1/21
Hi Guys, I have got my Spectre from MKS and I should tell you that it it leaves indeed a feeling of a fantastic rep. I have not seen the gen Spectre close by though. The flaws of the back case are of less importance to me as you don't see it most of the time. The front side is stunning! Regarding the movement, having read various forums I have my impression that a decorated Asian (thus standard) movement is more reliable than a custom made VSF super clone. As there are no other comparable versions of Spectre on the market, MKS seems to be a great choice. The minor flaw would be the alignment of the minutes prints along the bezel. None of the pictures that I have seen so far (neither VSF nor MKS) show a perfectly centered print on the bezel. At the same time the misalignment is so small that you could only spot it with a loop. At lease, I consider my one as acceptable.

Regarding the second arrow, I could not spot am issue as mentioned upstream this section. Maybe someone could still comment on that?

I have removed the steel band, just don't really like it compared to Seamaster Diver or PO ones. Also don't like the NATO strap. Placed a temporary leather strap and meanwhile looking for a good 21 mm silicone strap that would fit.

Did MKS ever fix the spelling of "jewels" on the movement from "jewets?" I am considering getting the MKS because it's so much cheaper than the VSF versions.

Mc Queen

Renowned Member
11/10/20
Italy
It's still wrong but is so small that you'll never notice it!

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk

sveritchev

Horology Curious
5/4/16
True, you would need to spend efforts to see it. Alternatively you could assume that Jewet is a correct word that means something extraordinary lol

Reactions: Barnyb