• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega SMP Chrono Revealed! Best I've seen yet!

Sam268

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/06
the rep pearl is the best of all semaster all ready but is still too big and is not with in the triangle like the Gen,
but this pearl on this new rep chrono is the best shape and height. is not as easy give away as before.

it would be so nice if we could get a gen and rep side by side picture,

are you planing to also purchase a rep of this watch, would love to see a picture that you can take with it beside your gen.

Panama

10/9/06
TTK`s pictures are good for comparison I think, just open a new window

jwizzar

Known Member
12/8/06
Just got mine from Andrew....And guys, if you're thinking about this one....DO IT! It looks great, and man this thing is heavy.

jwizzar

Known Member
12/8/06
passed the watchmakers test

so this watch passed it's first test. i went to a watchsmith to have the bracelett sized, we talked for 10 minutes or so about watches, this guy owns many rolex, panerai, omege etc, all gens. He was talking about the new Planet Ocean, how he thinks that' the prettiest new watch he's seen, but then before i left he said "but that's a great piece you have on your wrist" and went on to talk about the 007 stamped one. So he had it in his hands for atleast 4 minutes, and no idea it was a rep. Damn was i feeling good. He doesn't sell omega, but he owns many, and sells similar watches.

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Hard to believe the gen bracelet would be worth as much as the rep as a whole... over priced for not much benefit. And if you have problems with the screws try taking a hair dryer to it for a min and should help it out.

VtommyRboy6

Known Member
26/7/06
Wow, that watch looks fantastic! If they could only get the pearl correct...

Wear it well!

bigbadbrad

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/06
supermanx said:
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT, wife is going to kill me when I buy this.

LOL - me too ... especially after the just ordered Rail' and the soon to be IWC Chrono Laureus SE :? :shock:

scooter14

Horology Curious
20/9/06
Howdy.

Two things:

1. VtommyRboy6 that is by far the most disturbing avatar I have ever seen :lol:. Seriously dude, I'm gonna lose sleep tonight.

2. I might be losing sleep but I'll spend the time diggin my new SMP Chrono from Josh. Bezel mod is complete (see By-Tor's Complete OMEGA SMP Bond Guide), and man does this thing look bad-ass.

I now have a new favorite watch.

Sam268

5/4/06
I have tested the insert is the same size as original insert so it won't fit the previous omega seamaster smp or 007 version which the inserts are smaller but you are able to swap both bezel and insert on to the previous seamasters with a gen bezel and insert or shave down the gen insert a bit and stick it on to the previous version semasters

Bearcat

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/10/06
bignasty said:
Just got the new SMP Chrono in that dealers are now carrying. Best rep I've held lately. The quality is amazing. Buy a gen bracelet and you have the real thing! The dial is beautiful. The crystal seems perfect. Its got the new 28,800vph movement which is basically the genuine movement. The bezel pearl is the closet I've seen, next to the seawolf/chrono avenger reps. Best money I've spent on a rep in a while.

I got mine from River, but it seems as though all our dealers will be carrying them soon. A fantastic steal for the dough. I hope there's more like these coming soon (perhaps a Chronomat rep will be next???)!

Here's the candy!

PA031644.jpg

PS> This one came from River. First deal with him/her and it worked flawlessly. Ordered on Friday~Recieved on a Tuesday!

Would it be SO HARD for the rep manufacturers to align the bezel insert properly? This is my pet peave on these otherwise great reps.

--Bearcat

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
LOL
they have instructions NOT to align properly...
and obvious they follow instructions to the bezel
exactly as it comes...

[smilie=wav.gif] [smilie=wav.gif]

Life is Good!
Klink

clinterik

3/11/06
I know there is a very in-depth article on making a new bezel pearl out of a screw but what I need to know is there any way to make it look better using the original one that comes with the watch?

DWSmoot

11/11/06
Beutiful watch bignasty...this one is definately on the list...

Thanks for the post and pictures to seal the deal...

HiDef

16/10/06
Dear Lord,,,please help me,,,I have soooo many watches already you know :evil:

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
I'm torn between this one or the standard Bond non chrono model, any suggestions? Do the chronos function on this model?

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
Does anyone have this model with bezel aligned correctly? I've seen a few dealer pics which appear to have bezel aligned correctly. [smilie=disgust.gif]

hwrdpaula

24/11/06
Great looking watch. Read some negative reports abouut this movement. What's your experience so far? Maybe too soon to tell--particularly if you use the the chrono parts frequently.( particularly the seconds subdial). I'm anxious to get one but have hesitated. :?: