• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Quantum of Solace

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Hi,

I have one Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Quantum of Solace. And my bezel have a scratch. I want to buy the bezel but i don't know how many mm is that and i don't know how to install the bezel. Can i buy the genuine omega part and put on to it? Btw how many mm is the bezel?

Thanks

cndwatchguy

19/9/11
Hey there,

Where did you buy it? Most likely it will be at 42mm or 45.5mm.
For the 42mm I think you can buy a gen bezel including insert and it will fit.
About $300 or so I think. For the 45.5mm it's more tricky. I only know of one person that put a gen bezel with insert on with significant mods.
But for the 45.5mm I've seen bezel inserts on ebay for about $30 or so. Do a search and you will find the vendor name.

Cheers

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
But i don't know how to measure do you have any method to measure? I have a caliper to measure.

Thanks

cndwatchguy

19/9/11
Just measure the outside of the bezel (black or orange) with a ruler, tape, calipers whatever.

Should be either 42mm or 45.5mm in most cases.

IMAGE_1000000832.JPG

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
I follow how you measure, i measure from the bottom to the top and i get 42.2 so is it 42mm?

revhrd

Put Some Respect On My Name
5/2/11
you have a scratch on your bezel anf one on the caseback?... post pictures perhaps we can help you better after seing the damages to the watch.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Thanks a lot. You guys are very helpful. I will post picture soon.

The purpose i doing that is because i want to restore the watch to look it as new. Lol...

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Btw does omega sell the glass also? I want the same original glass with the quantum of solace word. Does it compatible? Because i heard it on other forum they said the fake planet ocean quantum of solace the glass is different than the genuine omega. I can't remember what the difference between genuine and fake glass. Few days back i disassemble my omega and saw a few scratch on the glass. The purpose i want to change the glass is because on the genuine want they say the glass will not get scratch.

Thanks

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Even on reps they use sapphire, which is VERY hard to scratch. Unless u got a cheapie with a mineral crystal, or worst, glass on canal st quality.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Here a picture of my watch.

Here a picture of my scratch bezel.

Here a picture of my scratch case back.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Hey btw there's another question i want to ask can i buy a ETA-2892 Movement (which is the movement that they use on the genuine omega calibre 2500) and put onto my omega? Is it compatible if i disassemble my movement and put the dial onto the ETA movement? I know the hands is different i have to buy from omega but is it possible? But does the crown can put on the ETA stem? Cus if change stem than sometime when set time then the crown would just come out.

frankt8242

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/06
By the time you finish paying for..>>>

All those OEM parts, you could most likely buy several very nice replica PO's ....:pirates:

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
You are trying to put Porsche parts on a Pinto.

Start with a UPO.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Hey btw there's another question i want to ask can i buy a ETA-2892 Movement (which is the movement that they use on the genuine omega calibre 2500) and put onto my omega? Is it compatible if i disassemble my movement and put the dial onto the ETA movement? I know the hands is different i have to buy from omega but is it possible? But does the crown can put on the ETA stem? Cus if change stem than sometime when set time then the crown would just come out.

What you have there is a budget (lower price point) rep and the case likely won't take any of the gen parts your looking to use. When Q recommends using a UPO, hes pointing you to a $200.00 +/- rep that can essentially be transformed into a "gen". It takes all the gen parts and the UPO rep watch alone (unmodded) is about x50 more accurate and better quality than your QoS.

Hope that helps...

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Cus my this omega I bought is the AAA version which is the best clone not those cheap want. It weigh about the same as the genuine want.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
But mine is the AAA version which is sort of like ultimate version of the planet ocean. Am i right to say that?

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
Ok lets put it aside for the movement first cus the most important thing right now is the bezel, case back and glass. If i go ebay and buy the bezel insert, what type of size suitable for my omega? Btw does omega sell the case back and glass? I really love the omega and i want to mod to look as good as new and if possible, change the movement to ETA-2892 to be the same as the gen. but lets put it aside for the movement first.

Thanks

cndwatchguy

19/9/11
Hey Ahboy,

Don't go by AAA or anything. Anyone can put a AAA sticker on. Grading of reps is not on most sites is not reliable.

Your best bet is to read reviews and look at who made the watch. i.e Noob Factory, H-Factory, etc.

That and versions, v1, v2, v3, UPO (Ultimate Planet Ocean), Best Edition, etc.

Check the tusted dealer section.

Sorry to tell you my friend but that is a low end rep and most likely no Omega parts will fit.
I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago before I found this site and started to learn.

Trust me if you get a UPO (Ultimate Planet Ocean 45.5mm), or the most recent PO )42mm) you will notice a huge difference between it and what you have.

And then you will have a good base to start adding Omega Gen parts and start a Franken piece.

Hope this helps.