• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega SeaMaster 300M VSF _ Which clone movement? Would you recommend it as a Good Replica? šŸ™

Jackxx888

Horology Curious
28/4/23
Italia
Good morning guys,

I'm trying to ask you for advice on my first purchase of the Omega SeaMaster 300M.

Let me start by saying that I still have little knowledge about the world of Reps, but I am trying to learn also thanks to your help.

I'm considering purchasing this Omega, VSF, through Sead. I was told it was a clone movement (but I didn't understand which one, precisely).

So, I would like to know from you if this could be a good purchase (my first Rep), I know that it will never be 100% the same as the original, but I am looking for a good imitation that is easily confused with the Original, and that can last long enough, but if there are any problems, it can also be fixed by a good shopkeeper.

I'll also post the photos I received.
The cost is approximately $420.
Would you recommend it?

Thanks to anyone who will give me additional knowledge.

Jackxx888

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivionā€¦
My personal opinionā€¦..
Steer clear of the VSF and defer to ZF or ORF

VSF have wrong crown guard shape
VSF have a reputation for bad crown and crown tube quality which may lead to crown screw in issues
VSF have the worst bracelet accuracy of the bunch, specifically the end link polished section.

Jackxx888

Horology Curious
28/4/23
Italia
My personal opinionā€¦..

VSF have a reputation for bad crown and crown tube quality which may lead to crown screw in issues
VSF have the worst bracelet accuracy of the bunch, specifically the end link polished section.

I studied a little more, and found a comparison between the original Omega and Vsf/Zf!

So, I read that vsf produces more yellow timepieces, and there are problems with the bezel. Zf seems more faithful, but many say that the rotor is very noisy (of course you should understand what is meant by very, perhaps very expert people say it, and I wouldn't notice the difference).

Now I'm really undecided! I'm trying to look for a representative who has ZF for Italy shipping.

Can anyone tell me? I don't know which one I'll opt for, but ZF could be the solution!

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
Don't overthink this.
Rotor noise is a minor issue. Noone apart you will hear it and after some tile you will not even notice it, if you like the watch.

If it really bugs you watch on wrist, you can always open the caseback and tighten the screw a bit, or find a watchmaker to do it.

as @Teamjlf says, I would also go for correct case shape every single time. Because this is what you see.

Jackxx888

Horology Curious
28/4/23
Italia
Don't overthink this.
Rotor noise is a minor issue. Noone apart you will hear it and after some tile you will not even notice it, if you like the watch.

If it really bugs you watch on wrist, you can always open the caseback and tighten the screw a bit, or find a watchmaker to do it.

as @Teamjlf says, I would also go for correct case shape every single time. Because this is what you see.

If so, could you point me to one or more representatives for the Italian market who deal with ZF SeaMaster 300M Blue? ideally someone who already has stock here - Italy! with Sead I only see Vsf in his stock warehouse, but I will try asking him.

Thank you.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I don't mind helping you this once, but please be aware that that information is something you could find by yourself as I did a few months ago. The forum usually frowns upon newcomers that need handholding. šŸ˜

Sead is the only one I know who has stock in IT and UK.

Using a TD (check Trusted Dealers section) is ok and risk of not getting the watch is very low. That's your option to get at market prices.

If still you want the watch shipped from inside EU, then @mrmckhansi is your guy. He charges a premium for the service vs a China TD. However he is super reliable and offers great aftersales.

Reactions: Jackxx888

Jackxx888

Horology Curious
28/4/23
Italia
I don't mind helping you this once, but please be aware that that information is something you could find by yourself as I did a few months ago. The forum usually frowns upon newcomers that need handholding. šŸ˜

Sead is the only one I know who has stock in IT and UK.

Using a TD (check Trusted Dealers section) is ok and risk of not getting the watch is very low. That's your option to get at market prices.

If still you want the watch shipped from inside EU, then @mrmckhansi is your guy. He charges a premium for the service vs a China TD. However he is super reliable and offers great aftersales.

Thank you, yes you are right, I have to look for it myself, but at the beginning it seems more and more complicated. However, you were very kind, I will take your advice to heart. šŸ™

Reactions: Karbon74

Jackxx888

Horology Curious
28/4/23
Italia
You won't hear it, if you drive an old diesel car šŸ˜
šŸ¤£ you are absolutely right. Your advice was very useful.

I decided on ZF factory, I also found a post here on the forum where various factories are compared in detail with the Gen, and it allowed me to see the micro differences.

Now I'm just in doubt between Rubber Strap (which I like better) and Bracialet, but I'll try to place the order within a few days.

I can't wait to have it on my wrist! šŸ˜¬
J.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
šŸ¤£ you are absolutely right. Your advice was very useful.

I decided on ZF factory, I also found a post here on the forum where various factories are compared in detail with the Gen, and it allowed me to see the micro differences.

Now I'm just in doubt between Rubber Strap (which I like better) and Bracialet, but I'll try to place the order within a few days.

I can't wait to have it on my wrist! šŸ˜¬
J.
always the bracelet. easier to get aftermarket for strap

or ask dealer if he can get both

Reactions: Teamjlf and Route66

Macbook

Horology Curious
6/10/23
My personal opinionā€¦..

I know of the crown stripping problems with the VSF in the Seamaster 300M and Planet Ocean, is it also present in the AT's?

Azera

Horology Curious
8/12/18
Good morning guys,

I'm trying to ask you for advice on my first purchase of the Omega SeaMaster 300M.

Let me start by saying that I still have little knowledge about the world of Reps, but I am trying to learn also thanks to your help.

I'm considering purchasing this Omega, VSF, through Sead. I was told it was a clone movement (but I didn't understand which one, precisely).

So, I would like to know from you if this could be a good purchase (my first Rep), I know that it will never be 100% the same as the original, but I am looking for a good imitation that is easily confused with the Original, and that can last long enough, but if there are any problems, it can also be fixed by a good shopkeeper.

I'll also post the photos I received.
The cost is approximately $420.
Would you recommend it?

Thanks to anyone who will give me additional knowledge.

Jackxx888
Hi Jack,

Thanks for your post. I am not in place nor have the knowledge to help you, but I share a link to a post that I'm sure you would love more than I do. It is absolutely amazing in comparing Gen Omega Seamaster 300 Blue with Reps: VS, OR, ZF and AG. The post is made by Steve: https://forum.replica-watch.info/th...e-comparison-of-gen-vs-or-zf-and-ag.10919763/

Best wishes

riosundoro

Horology Curious
10/6/24
I know of the crown stripping problems with the VSF in the Seamaster 300M and Planet Ocean, is it also present in the AT's?
Hi all,

It is now mid 2024, is crown stripping still an issue? Anyone experienced it with newly procured SMP 300?

Cheers,

rijonz

Horology Curious
20/9/23
I have an October 2024, absolutely perfect and the crown feels as it should love it so much I have just brought a gen in white.