• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO "ultimate" - question on dial

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
bruno said:
I posted my pic as well and really wasn't trying to act spoiled. Even though I don't post often I've been around and have 8 reps, many of which have come with small problems that I've fixed on my own or sent to be modded. It's not just a flaw that is seen in blown up pics though. I noticed it as soon as I unwrapped my PO when the 6 was offset from the marker below it. I realize that most people might not notice but you guys know how it is, that as soon as you see something it gets more and more obvious and bugs the bejeezus out of you. And knowing that others have gotten perfectly aligned copies makes us with flawed copies slightly jealous.

That being said, I'm going to handle the problem on my own and not ask Josh to do anything. He's a great, standup dealer and I don't want to trouble him on something that others find trivial, especially since my initial intention was just to provide a pic (even a crappy one) that showed the problem Manu mentioned. Really didn't mean to annoy anyone.

ok, i just went back and took a good look at the picture you posted and you are correct. the 6 is too far to the left as is the 12. combine that with the the omega logo being crooked and that would be too much for me to take. personally i would send it back if it were mine. i can't take that many problems on a dial. at the least i would ask for a new dial and have it installed myself. that is exactly the reason i want to see a picture of my watch before it is sent to me. i would have had that fixed before it was shiped. the bottom line is it is your watch, if it bothers you it needs to be addressed and that will differ for everybody.

i had the dial change in this po because of the white scratch above the date at the edge of the window. i have a thing about dials with crooked markers, scratches and such. if the clasp or something on the outside of the watch has a small scratch or something i don't mind so much. i can either fix it or it will probably get more anyway. if it is under the crystal i have it as good as possible.