• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO "ultimate" - question on dial

mans_7266

Known Member
26/12/06
Hi guys,

I ordered my first PO (ultimate version) a few weeks ago from one of our trusted dealers here.

I looked closely at my dial and noticed that the "6" was slightly off the six o'clock marker underneath, ie the marker is slightly to the right of the "6" and is therefore not centered with it.
I then looked at the different PO reviews and pics from other fellow members, and it seems to me that the 6 should be aligned with the marker underneath.

I decided to purchase another ultimate PO from another dealer to see the difference, however: exactly the same issue.

Now I'm wondering whether you have noticed the same thing on your Ultimate POs?

Thanks for your input,
Manu

guru

Advisor
Advisor
Certified
30/9/06
He Manu.

took my magnifying glass out, my is 100% in center.

mdppilot

Known Member
18/9/06
manu_72 said:
Hi guys,

I ordered my first PO (ultimate version) a few weeks ago from one of our trusted dealers here.

I looked closely at my dial and noticed that the "6" was slightly off the six o'clock marker underneath, ie the marker is slightly to the right of the "6" and is therefore not centered with it.
I then looked at the different PO reviews and pics from other fellow members, and it seems to me that the 6 should be aligned with the marker underneath.

I decided to purchase another ultimate PO from another dealer to see the difference, however: exactly the same issue.

Now I'm wondering whether you have noticed the same thing on your Ultimate POs?

Thanks for your input,
Manu

Manu:

How about posting a pic? Otherwise, what dealers did you purchase from, and are they ETA?

bruno

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/06
I just got a PO and I think I know what Manu is talking about. From certain angles it looks like the 6 is misaligned. Here's my crappy attempt at a photo to explain it. Let me know if anyone else thinks it's off center or just the angles.

po0033oz.jpg

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
all i have noticed is that there are a large percentage of these that have at least one crooked or off center hour marker on the dial somewhere. rbj has already had several of these sent to him for repair. :shock:

replica7

9/12/06
po1intau0.jpg

I bought mine form Joshua and you are right that the 6 is not in the middle. The number 12 is also the same, this is a little bit to the left. Look at the picture above for comparison.

replica7

Novesh

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/06
rubber3.jpg

i looked at mine.

its dead on.

infact if anything its like 1/4 of a mm to the right of the center 6 marker.

I got mine from josh as well.

D

d4m.test

replica7 said:
po1intau0.jpg

I bought mine form Joshua and you are right that the 6 is not in the middle. The number 12 is also the same, this is a little bit to the left. Look at the picture above for comparison.

replica7

The 12 indice is lined up with the 2 of the 12. The 6 is off to the left.

-bm

replica7

9/12/06
Novesh said:
i looked at mine.

its dead on.

infact if anything its like 1/4 of a mm to the right of the center 6 marker.

I got mine from josh as well.

Well, I seem to get a bad one. If you have one from Josh then maybe Josh could replace mine. I don't want to send it back to China for replacement. I rather ask him to send me a dial that is correct.

replica7

bruno

1/6/06
Mine was from Josh as well. I don't want to send mine back to China so maybe I'll see if he can send a new dial to me also. It's going to drive me crazy looking at it slightly off.

replica7

9/12/06
vaccum said:
What about the logo...straight or crooked?

The logo is an old story and a lot of members here in the forum knows it. The numbers 12 and 6 that are off is new.

replica7

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
The Omega logo is perfect on all the black dial versions (as far as I know). It's crooked only on some orange and black/orange versions.

bruno said:
Mine was from Josh as well. I don't want to send mine back to China so maybe I'll see if he can send a new dial to me also. It's going to drive me crazy looking at it slightly off.

I see how the 12 and 6 markers are a bit off on that watch... but come on... that's kinda stuff that's only visible in huge, zoomed pictures. You bought a $220 rep, not a genuine 2200$ Omega. Live with it, these kind of small things belong to rep watches. I don't think dealers should be responsible of stuff like that.

Buy a genuine dial and replace it if it bothers you so much. Or wear your watch only in the dark.

replica7

9/12/06
By-Tor said:
The Omega logo is perfect on all the black dial versions (as far as I know). It's crooked only on some orange and black/orange versions.

I have the black version but it is still crooked. If someone got the BIG PO that has the right logo, please post it, I want to see it.

replica7

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
replica7 said:
By-Tor said:

I have the black version but it is still crooked. If someone got the BIG PO that has the right logo, please post it, I want to see it.

replica7

These are the dial shots I have taken of my PO. Looks straight to me.

rrr.jpg

dial-1.jpg

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
By-Tor said:

bruno said:

I see how the 12 and 6 markers are a bit off on that watch... but come on... that's kinda stuff that's only visible in huge, zoomed pictures. You bought a $220 rep, not a genuine 2200$ Omega. Live with it, these kind of small things belong to rep watches. I don't think dealers should be responsible of stuff like that.

Buy a genuine dial and replace it if it bothers you so much. Or wear your watch only in the dark.

when i look at the dial at the outer edge of the 1 and the outer edge of the foot at the bottom on the 2 it looks to me that it is centered with the hour marker. when you look at the top of the numbers it looks off to one side.

my pam 113 looks like this when you look at the center link on the ss band but if you look from the bottom of the number 12 it is centered. i thought my dial was off centered so i changed the dial and it looked exactly the same.

i looked at some pictures on the pam forums of 4 gens with ss bands and they looked exactly the same as mine. at least on my 113 it is an optical illusion because of the shape of the 2.

could this be the case on this watch also? :?:

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Yeah... could be. I members should understand that these are knockoffs. High quality knockoffs, but still... there will ALWAYS be quality control issues with them. The hour markers on my PO seems to be straight, but if they were "crooked" like on the pic that "replica7" posted I wouldn't complain about it. NOBODY... I mean NOBODY will notice it.

Look at the dial with a loupe... the print isn't as crispy as on the genuine, either. You will always find something to complain if you take that route. The 9' o clock marker on my "perfect" TAG Link is a bit crooked as well... it took me 6 months to notice it when another member pointed it out from a zoomed picture.

Some noobs are completely SPOILED. Modify your watches and correct the flaws... or go and buy the genuines if you can't enjoy the reps (and the occasional funny little flaws in them). Sorry if this sounds harsh but that's how I feel. You simply CAN'T except the quality of a genuine Omega. The best reps are (visually) close but they will never be perfect... deal with it.

replica7

9/12/06
By-Tor said:
replica7 said:
[quote="By-Tor":2fn1h9b0]The Omega logo is perfect on all the black dial versions (as far as I know). It's crooked only on some orange and black/orange versions.

These are the dial shots I have taken of my PO. Looks straight to me.
[/quote:2fn1h9b0]

@By-Tor and Vacuum

Sorry, I misunderstood what you mean by crooked. English is not my mother tongue.

I mean that the tail of the logo is not straight, there is a bend like what Omega is using on their previous logo. The straight logo that I am refering is the picture below.

replica7

logo9jg.jpg

bruno

1/6/06
I posted my pic as well and really wasn't trying to act spoiled. Even though I don't post often I've been around and have 8 reps, many of which have come with small problems that I've fixed on my own or sent to be modded. It's not just a flaw that is seen in blown up pics though. I noticed it as soon as I unwrapped my PO when the 6 was offset from the marker below it. I realize that most people might not notice but you guys know how it is, that as soon as you see something it gets more and more obvious and bugs the bejeezus out of you. And knowing that others have gotten perfectly aligned copies makes us with flawed copies slightly jealous.

That being said, I'm going to handle the problem on my own and not ask Josh to do anything. He's a great, standup dealer and I don't want to trouble him on something that others find trivial, especially since my initial intention was just to provide a pic (even a crappy one) that showed the problem Manu mentioned. Really didn't mean to annoy anyone.