• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO: Aspire Vs Trustytime

e36wchmstr

8/5/06
Massive amount of Pannies, at KILLER prices. The sale produced so many sales it instansly put Paul on backorder for like 6 months. With lack of communication and product received, many customers complained and Pauls rep went from 100% to 0% pretty much overnight.

Crazy Sale aside, Paul was always a good dealer and delivered a good product for a VERY competitive price. Since then though he has been fighting a tainted image along with rumors of selling off the business.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
pelotudo said:
Crazy Sale aside, Paul was always a good dealer and delivered a good product for a VERY competitive price. Since then though he has been fighting a tainted image along with rumors of selling off the business.
... and he badmouths other dealers and pays for good reviews. :shock:

e36wchmstr

8/5/06
Well, prior to the sale he didn't have to.

Afterward, well that might be a different story now. I have distanced myself from paying much attention to the subject since the original board it happened on hsa since vanished.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
takashi said:
I beg to differ in your personal opinion that ETA2836 is better than ETA2824. I believe both movements are very much similar and have relatively the same reliability. The only difference is one has day and date support and the other has only date support.
Agreed on the movement they are both equally reliable. And virtually identical. There is nothing in the movement to make it run any smoother or with any less wear.

Sean K

VFORCE

Known Member
3/4/06
If it was me I would buy from Trusty he has a better reputation than Aspire

luisik

20/3/06
If I were you I would take Aspire's.
Both watches are EXACTLY from the same manufacturer. Same flaws and same merits.
what to say about price, when Aspire also includes shipping.

About service.. uhmm... just check by yourself: send an email to each one, and then tell me who replies you sooner, kindly and answer, at least, 80% of your questions...
... yes, Aspire's.

In the other hand, if you want to live not blamed by the rest of the forum's members... spend your money with Trusty... (or keep it as a secret) :)

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
the watches i seen pictured were not the same. paul may have the same one now, i do not know but it may be worth checking. the ones i seen pictured, pauls had no orange outline around the pearl and shorter hands, i,ve never delt with paul but if he had something i wanted, i would try him and i wouldn't care who knew about it. he has had problems in the past but when is the last time that someone didn't receive what they orderd? does anybody know. all i have heard about is the crazy sale. if there are other problems i haven't heard about them. anybody care to enlighten me?

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
Both Aspires and Andrews pictures of the Orange PO are of the third gen PO and not the fourth gens
My opinion is the third gens from andrew remain the most accurate. The actuall forth gen photos andrew posted had the omega logo moved away from the text but the dials had the wrong date hole cutout style. The third gens had the steped cutout (which is correct) and the fourth gens I believe have the beveled cutout. (not correct)

Since neither dealer is going to send you the watch they are advertising that makes them both equally guilty of false advertising.
I would also point out that Andrew could just as easily pay people, or give free watches to people for talking about how bad Aspire is.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
OldeCrow said:
I would also point out that Andrew could just as easily pay people, or give free watches to people for talking about how bad Aspire is.
... except he doesn't have to. :D

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
Pugwash said:
OldeCrow said:
... except he doesn't have to. :D

lol that is so true!

This advertisement was not paid for by Andrew
ba21b0a2.jpg

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
OldeCrow said:
The actuall forth gen photos andrew posted had the omega logo moved away from the text but the dials had the wrong date hole cutout style. The third gens had the steped cutout (which is correct) and the fourth gens I believe have the beveled cutout. (not correct)

Here's a pic of my 4th gen (42.5)
Omega_PO_dateWindow1.jpg

I looked at it with a magnifier and couldn't tell if it was stepped or beveled. I think from the picture its stepped? You'd have to look at it with a decent loupe to see that.

Interesting that the logo has been moved away from the text. Mine is actually touching. This is noticeable under high magnification but it does not appear so when looking at it in hand without any additional aides. In fact, I'd be shocked if anyone outside of our little world would ever spot it short of having a gen side by side.

Closeup_PO.jpg

One last thing about all these comparisons. Make sure the comparisons you are making is apple to apple. The 42.5mm is not the same as the 45mm and should not be used to compare against each other. I have no idea if the two dealers watch is the same and saw no support from those who say it is. Doesn't mean they're not but doesn't mean they are either. Facts baby facts!

Omega_PO1.jpg

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
This advertisement was not paid for by Andrew
ba21b0a2.jpg

I like your minute hand! :D

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
I really need to get one of these, being that I am a DIE HARD New York Knicks fan.

I'm gonna try and be patient and catch someone slippin' in the For Sale area :lol:

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
hehe Happty T boy is my face red! :oops:

I have one of andrews 4th gens... I could have sworn he had a newer one that he had his watch man tweak? Move the omega logo etc but the one he posted had the wrong date window ???

well anyway whatever the hell version I've got is the best one I've seen so far :roll:
In fact I had to put it on this afternoon after posting here the first time!

And I did a little minute hand swap from TTK's PO to Andrews :p

stangvert

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/06
Okay, took one for the team and bought one from Aspire

Just remember that the price they have posted does not include the Western Union fee that you have to pay, which is $20-30.00 more depending on the cost of the watch. In the case of this PO is was $27.00. Here are some quick photos. Sorry for the quality.

omega3xb.jpg

omega17fj.jpg

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
OldeCrow said:
hehe Happty T boy is my face red! :oops:

I have one of andrews 4th gens... I could have sworn he had a newer one that he had his watch man tweak? Move the omega logo etc but the one he posted had the wrong date window ???

well anyway whatever the hell version I've got is the best one I've seen so far :roll:
In fact I had to put it on this afternoon after posting here the first time!

And I did a little minute hand swap from TTK's PO to Andrews :p

I think you're right about trusty having his watch guy try and tweak the 4th gen. I can't recall where I read it but I think it was one of those one step forward and two steps back deals. Trying to go from memory (which is not very reliable these days) I think they took the 4th gen markers and put them on the 3rd gen dial? Hell, I can't recall.

I got my 4th gen (42.5mm) early. I think it was like his 2nd or 3rd shipment. Yes, it has two or three known things that are not "perfect" but they're livable to me. I find mine gets more wrist time than all my others put together. I like it that much. I have been having a problem with the bracelet. It really doesn't snap close very good and has been known to open on the wrist. I prob need to replace it.

Stangvert - Can you tell me if the triangle around the pearl on your watch has an orange outline like this:

Omega_PO1triangle.jpg

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
I have the same problems with the clasp on mine. I am pretty sure its the worst clasp of all my omega's :roll:
I've been thinking of just buying a genuine clasp for it but I managed to tinker mine into at least staying on my wrist so I've put off the genuine. I had one of the half links fall apart on me outside so I don't have any half links on the bracelet anymore either!

thelawnmowerman

Renowned Member
2/4/06
mine was also falling off but it was cos i hadnt closed the other end of the clasp properly . its fine now though