• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega PO: Aspire Vs Trustytime

tag

Horology Curious
16/5/06
I'm considering buying a PO.

Trustytime's is 248$, Aspire's is 159$.

Aspire's seems less accurate (size 41x10 instead of 42.5x14) but its movement is better (ETA 2836 instead of ETA 2824).

Has anybody written or read a review between these 2 models?
By-Tor, do you have any clue?

Thx

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I beg to differ in your personal opinion that ETA2836 is better than ETA2824. I believe both movements are very much similar and have relatively the same reliability. The only difference is one has day and date support and the other has only date support.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well... Pictures speak a thousand words. May I have some pictures please? Case dimension and movement type alone can't tell how good a rep watch is. Remember that the 4th generation PO that ttw carries is really close to the genuine. Again, movement difference is negligible in this case (i.e: ETA2824 vs 2836).

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Not to discredit Aspire/Paul, there were scandals involving he/she/they a while back. My suggestion is, buy at your own risk.

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
tag said:
I suspect Aspire's to be gen's pics (time at 10:10).
Isn't Aspire called also Paul? I read many good reviews of this dealer.
Paul sets his watches to 10:10. You may have read good reviews because he was offering a free watch for a good review ... Caveat Emptor.

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
Pugwash said:
tag said:
I suspect Aspire's to be gen's pics (time at 10:10).
Isn't Aspire called also Paul? I read many good reviews of this dealer.
Paul sets his watches to 10:10. You may have read good reviews because he was offering a free watch for a good review ... Caveat Emptor.

You are kidding, right?

Hell, I can whip up a helluva review for a Destro, if need be~!

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
Are his watches that cheap that he can give them away for just a mere review????

tag

Horology Curious
16/5/06
Aspire's

Aspire's pics are not gen, that's right.

One flaw: the "SWISS MADE" inscription should be right at the bottom of the dial and not sit on top of marks.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
takashi said:
Not to discredit Aspire/Paul, there were scandals involving he/she/they a while back. My suggestion is, buy at your own risk.
You haven't read many here or at trc. Aspire's rep is questionable and that is being kind. I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money and I'm minimizing 100.00 but I would gladly spend the extra 100.00 to 150.00 on Andrews watch. He's a good dealer and the watch is darn nice. I have one.

Sean K

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
On the 4th gen which is from ttwg, I have no doubt it's certainly an excellent piece. I am sure that will fit a genuine Omega SMP dial (I have done this mod, using gen 007 dial) and also a gen bracelet clasp will fit well.
I tend to agree with you seank.

Nebakanezzar

Known Member
16/3/06
I bought a 196 from paul. great watch, great service. there has been talk though that Paul sold the business, and whoever is currently running it is getting bad reviews...

sevomd

Renowned Member
31/3/06
When i first started with this hobby, i bought several watches from Paul and had no problems, but have not attempted to do business with him since the whole "big sale" fiasco last year.

Eddy

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
trusts watch is much more accurate. aspires has many more flaws thats why it is much cheaper.

miamiron

Looking Around
29/5/06
The infamous "CRAZY SALE"

takashi said:

You must be talking about the infamous"CRAZY SALE" which was the reason I left
this wonderful hobby. I have recently returned after almost a year hiatus and the
watches have improved to such a degree that I may just have to spend more money
than I have(some things never change)

Some people think Paul had to sell the business because of the "Crazy Sale"
since it ruined his reputation but regardless with the number of trustworthy
dealers available why would someone even chance it.

I for one will always abide by the number one rule
PICK AND CHOOSE YOUR DEALER FIRST!!!!

Sorry to bring up the "CRAZY SALE"one last time,

Glad to be back,

MiamiRon

e36wchmstr

8/5/06
Lol, those were the good old days when there was like 1 maybe 2 boards.

I've purchased a few times from Andrew. Always good reps with good delivery time.

Paul does seem to have better prices, but if you're looking for a piece to hold on to I'd go w/ Andrews or look around for a MBW/luckyy.

crumpdaddy

I'm Pretty Popular
19/3/06
Can someone enlighten me on what exactly was offered in the Crazy Sale? That was pre-Crumpdaddy....