• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal 42mm - pic review

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Too early for the matte ceramic 8500 version jdr, hopefully soon.

@ Omega_guy, the pearl just pulls straight out the front, stick a fingernail on the edge and out it comes, (actually it looks better without any pearl in it compared to the one out of the box :D)... it should accept gen pearl or pearl mod very easily. The case itself seems fine, the He valve is huge on it for some reason, in the right place but protrudes a lot, could do with a He mod, either recess it more, or scrap it for another.

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
Same as the PO from Hont. This one doesn't look like it has "double-sided AR" as per the description. Maybe its just the pics but apart from the dial it looks as if there's still work to be done.

hey boneyjr - can you answer q regarding AR
does yours actually have double sided AR as per puretime website (price $268)
as hont's is about $226 - so trying to determine if the price difference is becasue of the AR on crystal

Steven

Renowned Member
17/10/12
This thread went from "hey, check out my new watch" to "here's what's wrong with your new watch".

I say looks good and I hope you're enjoying it.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
This thread went from "hey, check out my new watch" to "here's what's wrong with your new watch".

I say looks good and I hope you're enjoying it.

Happens all time. I'm sure it was nothing personal. :)

Devas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/12
hey boneyjr - can you answer q regarding AR
does yours actually have double sided AR as per puretime website (price $268)
as hont's is about $226 - so trying to determine if the price difference is becasue of the AR on crystal

Any updates on this?

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11
still waiting to get the watch back from the modder.. i will post when I do.

kazin326

Known Member
24/9/09
What are your guys thoughts on this compared to the v5 PO like from Trevor for instance? I know the model is different and the transparent case back, but in terms of quality I'm wondering if the rest is equal to or greater

Devas

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/12
still waiting to get the watch back from the modder.. i will post when I do.

Which modder did you send it too? And what work did you have done to it?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I agree with Bomba, they are the same watches tbh, as far as I can tell anyway, there aren't too many factories doing such small variations of the same watch these days.
Hont just had them a couple of months before anyone else picked them up, and some dealers prices differ as is common. All the reps are 0000/1948 on caseback. The 1389 is a gen.

pretender

Renowned Member
3/12/12
Australia
I agree with Bomba, they are the same watches tbh, as far as I can tell anyway, there aren't too many factories doing such small variations of the same watch these days.
Hont just had them a couple of months before anyone else picked them up, and some dealers prices differ as is common. All the reps are 0000/1948 on caseback. The 1389 is a gen.

but doesn’t the GEN have a clear case back??? the 1389/1948 is exactly like the Rep just the number is different.

I think your right i doubt they would of made 2 versions with hardly any variation but its just weird how some TD's have 1389/1948 on their site photos.

why on earth you wuold have 0000/1948 is just a dead give away its a rep

DH86

Known Member
19/1/13
Nice watch! Thinking of getting one for myself. But do u have any issues with the bracelet? I read in another thread by firesuite that the gap between the first link and the part that sits in the lug is too much. And is it possible to get it in a clear/transparent case back? Thx