• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Planet Ocean Liquidmetal 42mm - pic review

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11
To the best of my knowledge, this is the first rep of this model reviewed on the forums. I just took delivery of it over the weekend, and I am very pleased. This is a rep of the limited edition liquidmetal model (only 1948 made). My rep found here at puretime:

http://www.puretime.co/product/planet-ocean-42mm-ss-black-ceramic-on-bracelet-a2836/

The dial and bezel have a lovely gloss finish (accurate to the gen) that really dresses it up, and the Omega emblem is very cool. The blue lume isn't bad at all -- not superlume, but better than your average rep.

At 42mm, I don't mind the smaller size; however, I wish the lugs were 22mm instead of 20mm.

On to the pics:

DSC02338.jpg

DSC02342.jpg

DSC02343.jpg

DSC02344.jpg

DSC02349.jpg

DSC02352.jpg

DSC02353.jpg

DSC02356.jpg

DSC02357.jpg

DSC02361.jpg

DSC02365.jpg

dbane883

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/12
Dial looks excellent. Placement of the Omega symbol under the "12" is great.

Bezel and pearl location seem to be spot on too.

The crown and He valve still appear to be too tall. But overall, looks like a great buy!

Congrats and enjoy

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11
Yea, I think you are right about the crown and he valve... but really only noticeable under the macro lens.

spdu4ia

25/7/12
Can't tell but it looks like the he valve isn't screwed down or not recessed enough. Other thank that I love it. How's the AR?

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Thanks for the review boneyjr, I just did a quick few shoddy pics earlier of the dial cos a few people were asking was it glossy/matte and raised or flat markers which were hard to see on QC pics. I put it on Honts page at the time in case anyone was interested in buying. I wouldn't exactly call mine a review ;)

The pics and review you put up here are great, as many say it needs some work but it could be a really great rep. Thanks for putting it up. I still really love the dial on it.

Edit: btw, did they put AR on it since cos mine had none at all? It was a killer to even get a shot of the dial on mine as the reflections from the basic crystal and glossy dial were crazy.

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Many things to fix with that rep but over all a nice watch! I like it!

Thanks for taking the time putting this together!

boneyjr

Renowned Member
22/3/11
yes, it is a shiny bezel, but in contrast to my 45mm PO, I don't mind it. and it can be worn as a dressier suit watch.

johnnoblin

Horology Curious
9/7/12
Same as the PO from Hont. This one doesn't look like it has "double-sided AR" as per the description. Maybe its just the pics but apart from the dial it looks as if there's still work to be done.

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
This is a great looking rep. The dial, insert and caseback are probably all I would keep and transplant them into a 5g PO.

I'm not certain how the insert will accept a router to the pearl trench, but I would try and fit a gen pearl in it. Full relume, gen HE valve and some crystal work - bam your done.

IMO it's a +/-$700.00 project.

jdr55

Horology Curious
1/10/12
I've been looking for a rep with the ceramic bezel everywhere - I'm guessing its too early days for this one?

Do you guys know the one I mean - the bezel looks matte gray etc