• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega planet ocean crono with serial numbers! Where to buy??

Lapi

Horology Curious
27/3/09
Hi Guys! Here i am again and need some help again :)
I am planning to buy a watch like this one:
http://www.watcheden.com/omega-seamaste ... 8-p-1.html
The only problem is the missing serial number from the back! It's not engraved into this rep.
The price is fine. I think the quality is ok as well but i really would like to have those tiny numbers on the back! :)
Can any of you help me please where to get one from? I found some, but they are around 280 - 290 dollars. I am looking for something cheaper if possible! Thanks! P

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Lapi said:
Hi Guys! Here i am again and need some help again :)
I am planning to buy a watch like this one:
http://www.watcheden.com/omega-seamaste ... 8-p-1.html
The only problem is the missing serial number from the back! It's not engraved into this rep.
The price is fine. I think the quality is ok as well but i really would like to have those tiny numbers on the back! :)
Can any of you help me please where to get one from? I found some, but they are around 280 - 290 dollars. I am looking for something cheaper if possible! Thanks! P

Well, the PO Chrono from the link you posted HAS the serial number engraved:

78a6a30e.jpg

However, there is a new PO Chrono that just came out with the correct sub-dial spacing:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=51017

My suggestion is to contact Hont and see if he can get it for you, you'll get a good price on it:

viewtopic.php?f=137&t=42413

:)

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
I suppose you'll be wanting certificates aswell?

polaris

27/11/08
You're worried about a serial number, on the BACK of the watch, when the FRONT has more glaring problems???

The serial number is such a miniscule detail. PO chrono have a bigger problem with the incorrect placement of the subdials. Although this error itself is very small. A recent addition to the PO line has corrected this fault but it remains to be seen the actual modifications to the movement and its reliability.

The most interesting detail about the new moveemnt is the 'working' regulator.

Seriously, if a serial number is a problem for you stay the hell away from ANY rep. NONE of them are perfect.

tenshin2002

3/1/09
fakemaster said:
HOLY CRAP! NO SERIAL NUMBERS?

Don't go on the Subway...
LOL!! FM, you crack me up!
Seriously though, I have a Fakey SMP without serialnumbers and it has some obvious errors. It has already fooled two people, one of them was a watchsalesman! And its not like I was trying to fool anybody, i needed help resizing the bracelet. Really whats your gameplan? Nobody will look at the back of your watch unless you want to show off.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Oooh man. The Sub cases I use have no markings AT ALL at the end lugs where the bracelet fits in. I prefer the right case shape rather than markings that can't be seen. But if there's anything to this he could be in danger if Switch catches up with him. :lol:

whoosh70

Known Member
30/11/08
fakemaster said:
Oooh man. The Sub cases I use have no markings AT ALL at the end lugs where the bracelet fits in. I prefer the right case shape rather than markings that can't be seen. But if there's anything to this he could be in danger if Switch catches up with him. :lol:

Don't tell me "The Anals" are still plying their neferous trade!!

Be afraid......be VERY afraid.........and buy shirts with oversize sleeves :shock:

HELIAV8R

Looking Around
15/2/09
On serial numbers, It's only really an added look to complete the already mostly accurate rep. They don't really mean anything since all UPO's have the same number.
When the factories start having unique serial numbers for each case, that will be kinda cool.

swissaddict

Renowned Member
6/3/08
what? the guy is obsessed with planet oceans and everything about them :lol:

reminder to stratman:
you need 50 quality posts before posting stuff for sale :wink: