• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Planet ocean - confusion

naeems

Horology Curious
11/10/10
Dear all,

I am in the UK. Just bought a few reps from China they were decent some were bad. Thanks for the information provided here. I have been reading for a while now trying to gain a better understanding but I am still confused on certain things.

I am basically looking for the best current replica of the seamaster planet ocean. From what I gather, there is one recent one called "ultimate PO" and is sold by replicamake?

Could you please advise me on which is the best replica currently (link to the shop) and best dealer for this watch?

Many thanks

D

d4m.test

Hi,

The dealers are all really the same as the watches are mostly from the same place! I think it's just a case of who you are comfortable dealing with. The watch in question is great, apart from the Omega logo I don't think there's much more that isn't gen like.

Here is the link to Replicamake:
http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?cPath=79_153&products_id=1940
http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?cPath=79_153&products_id=1941
http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?cPath=79_153&products_id=1942

All of those are the UPO (Ultimate Planet Ocean). I have bought from Lay before and although I started out as a very disappointed customer, I would buy from them again. If you're new like I am, I really recommend you to read some reviews and learn about the flaws that comes with this hobby.

Just a few popular ones are always, the pearl - it's not the same. The bezel - it may not be aligned. And more! I spent $148 on my Sub rep and I wrongly expected something identical to the gen. I was wrong in every count, but the more you learn the more you're interested in this trade! I just say for $288 (less if you get the clone movement!) you'll get a good watch but it will not be genuine!

Regarding the movement, I would save $50 and get the clone. I don't believe I'd get a genuine ETA anyway so I'll save it and go for the clone. And either one you choose will probably need a service sometime soon (although where I am, its cheaper to buy a new rep than service an existing one!)

I hope I have helped you, just remember - don't get too worked up on the minor flaws. 99% people don't know them! And enjoy getting something which looks great for a lot less money!

All the best and enjoy you're new watch!

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
sound advice!!! the upo is 15mm thick rather than the cheaper versions around 17mm depending on movement but who can see 2mm from a couple of feet thats how tiny indescretions are there are loads of threads on here regarding the upo, 7750 movements helium valve in the wrong place happy feet the list goes on blah blah blah etc etc just have a good look through to give yourself a bit more knowledge and a bit of advice from the experts.
All the best with the po its a great watch regardless

tolis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/09
go for UPO 45MM!ITS the best replica ever!worth the money!and yes go for swiss eta!i check mine and its real!thanks

ck6459

11/9/10
Anyone know which dealer is selling the Omega Planet Ocean 42.5mm series with clone 2842 movement? Can't really find much info about this watch, most seller is having the 45mm which is definitely too big for me.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
Anyone know which dealer is selling the Omega Planet Ocean 42.5mm series with clone 2842 movement? Can't really find much info about this watch, most seller is having the 45mm which is definitely too big for me.

Narikaa, WBK, just about anyone sells it with 2842. It isn't really a 2842 movement but it is a Miyota copy. 2836-2 clone is the swiss clone and 2842 is a clone of a Japan movement by Miyota which is in Citizen watches. The clone of the Miyota is what they call 21j or 2842 currently. Of course, not all 21j are this movement but most 21j you'll see on these boards have it inside.

naeems

Horology Curious
11/10/10
Hi,

The dealers are all really the same as the watches are mostly from the same place! I think it's just a case of who you are comfortable dealing with. The watch in question is great, apart from the Omega logo I don't think there's much more that isn't gen like.

Here is the link to Replicamake:
http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?cPath=79_153&products_id=1940
http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?cPath=79_153&products_id=1941
http://www.replicamake.com/product_info.php?cPath=79_153&products_id=1942

All of those are the UPO (Ultimate Planet Ocean). I have bought from Lay before and although I started out as a very disappointed customer, I would buy from them again. If you're new like I am, I really recommend you to read some reviews and learn about the flaws that comes with this hobby.

Just a few popular ones are always, the pearl - it's not the same. The bezel - it may not be aligned. And more! I spent $148 on my Sub rep and I wrongly expected something identical to the gen. I was wrong in every count, but the more you learn the more you're interested in this trade! I just say for $288 (less if you get the clone movement!) you'll get a good watch but it will not be genuine!

Regarding the movement, I would save $50 and get the clone. I don't believe I'd get a genuine ETA anyway so I'll save it and go for the clone. And either one you choose will probably need a service sometime soon (although where I am, its cheaper to buy a new rep than service an existing one!)

I hope I have helped you, just remember - don't get too worked up on the minor flaws. 99% people don't know them! And enjoy getting something which looks great for a lot less money!

All the best and enjoy you're new watch!

Thanks for the help you definitely cleared things up a bit :)

Where can I find a watch with the replica movement but with the highest quality exterior?
I am also reluctant to spend so much more on a supposedly better movement.

Thanks so much :)

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Narikaa, WBK, just about anyone sells it with 2842. It isn't really a 2842 movement but it is a Miyota copy. 2836-2 clone is the swiss clone and 2842 is a clone of a Japan movement by Miyota which is in Citizen watches. The clone of the Miyota is what they call 21j or 2842 currently. Of course, not all 21j are this movement but most 21j you'll see on these boards have it inside.

Sorry Amptor, totally wrong.

All those you mentioned use a cheap Asian 21j movement, the DG2813 in most cases.

The last person who had the Eta 2824 movement was Sead and he was sold out a long time ago. None that I know of have been available since.

The Eta version is also known as the V4 and is much closer to gen. In particular, it is the only one that has the HE valve in the correct place.

jonasprivate

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/10
Thanks :) yes i will buy the steel and Nato strap so i can change.

Well i`m not sure,but i trust Lay with that.
So go for the one at Lay.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Why Swiss? The clone is arguably as good, and even if this watch had a display back (which it does not) very few people could ever spot the differences. So in effect you are buying Swiss to "fool" any watch smith who opens the watch, and no watch smith will be fooled regardless of the "Swiss" movement.
Save your money and get a nice clone movement.
Just my $0.02

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Unfortunately the ones currently available, at least the 42 mm, are only available in A21j. No clone movements that I know of.

Otherwise, I agree. The Eta and clone are pretty much interchangeable in my mind.

naeems

Horology Curious
11/10/10
Unfortunately the ones currently available, at least the 42 mm, are only available in A21j. No clone movements that I know of.

Otherwise, I agree. The Eta and clone are pretty much interchangeable in my mind.

Where can I get the clone from? Is it basically Asian ETA 2824 instead of swiss?

Jonasprivate- how good is the glow- in dark (luminescant) on your new rep?

jonasprivate

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/10
RM has UPO with Asian movment.
The lume is ok, i will send my next month to Domi for lume and waterprof.