• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega Omega Caliber 2500 same as SW200?

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
(I had to use a "video" prefix because the site wouldn't accept a "no prefix" label & didn't have other alternatives.)

Hi, I going to buy a UPO soon and i want to mod. But that is a problem, the stem, does the gen omega caliber 2500 is the same as sw200? The 2500 is based on an ETA movement. Cus i want to buy the stem and put on the SW200. Thanks

Arism

Known Member
25/11/11
AFAIK the stems are different in each movement, so a gen omega stem might not fit in the SW200. I assume you just want a gen crown, if that is the case, it may be better to buy a crown and fit it onto your SW200 stem.

ahboy

Renowned Member
14/4/12
But does it possible for the gen crown to fit in the sw200 stem? AFAIK that stems comes with a lot of sizes what i mean size is that there are thin and stuff like that (Am i right to say that)? And what afraid me is that when we set the time, the crown might come out.. Cus last year i have change crown before and put a sea dweller stem on a submariner crown and when i set the time, the crown comes out... And there was once last year where a watchmaker change my ceramic submariner crown and now when ever i set the time, the crown comes out...

And what afraids me is that by removing the crown, it might cause the stem to broke(based on my exp)... And i scared change the crown to gen crown, it might make the stem shorter cause maybe the gen crown is much deeper in when we screw the stem(based on my exp)...