• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega no longer offering quartz in SMP

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Based on what I thought, the case I had was a closed factory SMP. R2 had his doubts, so i'm going to call it an "old school" case for now. This watch took the gen parts without modifications and came equipped with the Swiss ETA movement. What set this one apart from the rest of the SMP's i've owned is it had a very thin case. The thickness was almost identical to my gen auto. The crystal has almost no bevel (but a very light one) and the bracelet construction was very similar to my gen. Specifically the multi-piece end links. I started a thread on all this a few months ago...

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...actory-83498?t=83498&highlight=closed+factory

At this point the only two things left for me to do are the cg's and HE valve. Unfortunately, the model I have has the HE valve at the 10 o'clock location. Nevertheless, on the wrist it looks perfect...

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Bond attaches mines to a number of barrels of flammable liquid in Alec's Cuban base. However Alec unwittingly de-activates the mines by pressing a button on Bonds Omega Seamaster watch.

He didn't unwittingly deactivate them.

Danza1813

Tempus Fugit
Supporter
Certified
28/11/09
UK
He didn't unwittingly deactivate them.

Hmmm, not sure about that cos how did Alec know bond had actually placed any mines? He simply says 'still press here do I?' then presses the button. It doesn't mean he knows about the mines any more than he's just toying with the watch. It's debatable from my memory.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
He was an MI6 operative. He knew if Bond was there his orders would be to destroy the facility. Not to mention the light on the watch was blinking so he knew something was armed.