• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega 22mm Rubber Strap for UPO from Josh

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I just ordered this strap from him. Promised a good dust repellent quality. I will give a review as soon as I got this piece. By far, Silix Rubber Strap for UPO doesn't make the cut (dust attracting and lug gap).

TA8088

SCAMMER
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
INMATE
28/10/07
Taka I'm hoping that this one does. The Silix one doesn't fit either of my UPO's very well. Biggest problem is the gap and the fact that the ends that are against the case keep poping up. Can't wait to see your review of this.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Indeed. My main concern is the price... At 68USD you are actually halfway to get genuine Omega rubber strap. Let's see if this really comes with good quality rubber.

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
i thought the new spring bars with the silix strap took care of the lug issues?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Not completely. The gap is still there slightly. Nonetheless, I am really putting a big stake here (on Josh's strap).

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
In my experience with the SMP and UPO the lug holes are drilled to accept bracelets that are further away from the case and will not match up with the gen. SixBennets had a post whereby you stake the existing lug holes closer with a punch. The other alternative is to have a watchsmith put in holes closer to the case and fill in the rep holes or leave them alone. I wish they would make a good one for you. :D

Dario33

19/5/06
Perhaps Josh can provide a picture of the rubber strap up close against the case? :)

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
LegendOfSpeed said:
so, a gen strap will not fit well on a upo body?

Sorry LOS I should have elaborated a bit better. I cannot confirm that the gen will or will not fit the UPO's other than it did not fit the one I had. It was a bit loose. The new one is claiming to be 1:1 so we should assume happy thoughts. On the closed model SMP with correct HE placement, the one you saw at the Cali GTG, the gen straps did not fit without drilling some new holes. I have a gen strap on my SMP with moded holes and it fits pretty good.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Anyhow, rep case Omega SMP is not 1:1 to the genuine case. But on UPO, it's really close. I will confirm this upon receiving this rubber strap.

LegendofSpeed

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/06
you guys are really bumming me out.. i just ordered the strap and two dials from silix.... using the dials to make a logo swap...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
;) Sometimes this happens on rep world. It's part of the game :twisted:

EDIT: This is my 7777th post.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Indeed ;) That will change the landscape of this place. Nonetheless, it's still unconfirmed result. Will fit/will not fit.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Strap arrived today!!! First impression: very good quality... It's nothing like crappy PO rubber. This rubber is of much higher quality... Perhaps exceeding that on IWC Cousteau Divers or Hublot Big Bang rubber.... Now I can't mount it as I don't have the watch :lol:

But it is indeed 1:1 to gen rubber strap. Pictures coming up next week... My camera has no memory card.

finisterre

Looking Around
12/2/07
So does it keep 'popping out' like my Silix one? I can't stand the suspense!

Does he ship it with spring bars?

Looking forward to your review.

Thanks.

thecontractor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/7/07
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! My UPO should arrive Monday and I want to order a rubber strap this week. Thanks for not letting me make a mistake by buying one from SIlix.

w2w

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/11/07
I'd like to see some pics of this strap actually on the wrist as well as I have Silix's rubber PO strap and it also 'pop's out' for me when you put it on. So much so that I've now put a black leather with white stitching Breitling strap on it instead.

I saw the pics of both Andrews and Josh's Rubber PO and thought it looked identical to the one I already have so thought I'd leave it. If it is a hell of a lot better then I will order one myself