• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OM Speedmaster "Dark Side of The Moon" Opinions

ZEIT.GEIST

Chief Exasperate Officer
Supporter
Certified
25/10/23
Germany
Funny you just posted this, I had a look at this model myself yesterday. According to Steve from theonewatches, the OMF ist currently not available. However, I don‘t know if it‘s only him not able to get anything from OMF or if they‘re not manufacturing at all right now.

Regarding the watch itself, I think it is safe to say these Omega models are not as close to gen as the „standard“ Rolex reps (Sub, Daytona…). Nevertheless they look pretty appealing. The only thing that really bothers me is the extreme thickness of the A7750 movement. It makes the watch very present on the wrist and it is definitely thicker than a gen. Will be quite difficult to get a shirt sleeve over this big boy.

PotatoCut

Horology Curious
10/11/23
Funny you just posted this, I had a look at this model myself yesterday. According to Steve from theonewatches, the OMF ist currently not available. However, I don‘t know if it‘s only him not able to get anything from OMF or if they‘re not manufacturing at all right now.

Regarding the watch itself, I think it is safe to say these Omega models are not as close to gen as the „standard“ Rolex reps (Sub, Daytona…). Nevertheless they look pretty appealing. The only thing that really bothers me is the extreme thickness of the A7750 movement. It makes the watch very present on the wrist and it is definitely thicker than a gen. Will be quite difficult to get a shirt sleeve over this big boy.
I got in contact with a TD, can't remember the name, if it comes to me I will let you know. He said he can grab hold of one.

Yeah, thats the only downside haha, don't really want to be walking round with any other reps, I love this model in particular!

Thanks for the help Geek.

PotatoCut

Horology Curious
10/11/23

Just came to me marvellousreplica was the TD I reached out to.

Hope it helps if needed.

ZEIT.GEIST

Chief Exasperate Officer
Supporter
Certified
25/10/23
Germany
Thanks for the info.

Will you place the order with him?

It is definitely a beautiful piece. If I had the funds right now, I‘d even consider getting the gen…

PotatoCut

Horology Curious
10/11/23
Thanks for the info.

Will you place the order with him?

It is definitely a beautiful piece. If I had the funds right now, I‘d even consider getting the gen…
No problemo,

I will probably place the order with him yes, my dad wants a rep aswell so I'll be holding off for a bit so I can mutli-buy.

Me too haha.

ZEIT.GEIST

Chief Exasperate Officer
Supporter
Certified
25/10/23
Germany
Alright, I hope you‘ll be happy with the watch. Would be great to follow up on this once you have received it.

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I got in contact with a TD, can't remember the name, if it comes to me I will let you know. He said he can grab hold of one.

Yeah, thats the only downside haha, don't really want to be walking round with any other reps, I love this model in particular!

It’s only 1.1mm thicker than the gen (17.2mm vs 16.1mm). Out of all the speedie reps this is a good as it gets due to there being no 6 sub-dial. The gen is a beefy watch too and I don’t think 1.1mm would stand out given the thick size of the gen.

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter

It’s only 1.1mm thicker than the gen (17.2mm vs 16.1mm). Out of all the speedie reps this is a good as it gets due to there being no 6 sub-dial. The gen is a beefy watch too and I don’t think 1.1mm would stand out given the thick size of the gen.

CF_Stan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
14/6/23
UK
I have the all black version and it’s really well made. @Roughwatch is correct the gen is just over 16mm. I think the rep is 17 something, I’ll measure it when I get home.

My watch
HuUcro.jpeg

HuUVLk.jpeg

It sits nicely on the wrist and you really don’t notice the thickness.

Gen measurement and comparison pictures
HuUxSD.png

HuUbCY.png

Also there was a thread on here that mentioned some batches were missing the dot at the 220 mark on the bezel so watch out for that.

If you have any more questions I’ll do my best to answer them.

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I have the all black version and it’s really well made. @Roughwatch is correct the gen is just over 16mm. I think the rep is 17 something, I’ll measure it when I get home.

My watch
HuUcro.jpeg

HuUVLk.jpeg

It sits nicely on the wrist and you really don’t notice the thickness.

Gen measurement and comparison pictures
HuUxSD.png

HuUbCY.png

Also there was a thread on here that mentioned some batches were missing the dot at the 220 mark on the bezel so watch out for that.

If you have any more questions I’ll do my best to answer them.
Thanks for this, if you have a front on comparison with your gen, would you mind posting a pic please?

Reactions: CF_Stan

CF_Stan

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
14/6/23
UK
Thanks for this, if you have a front on comparison with your gen, would you mind posting a pic please?
I wish I had the gen 😀. Sorry for the confusion but the other pics are just from some review sites. The first picture comparing the thickness of the DSOM and DSOM Apollo. The other just showing gen thickness measurement.

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I wish I had the gen 😀. Sorry for the confusion but the other pics are just from some review sites. The first picture comparing the thickness of the DSOM and DSOM Apollo. The other just showing gen thickness measurement.
Ahh, no problem, thanks for the pics of your rep, such a nice watch.

Reactions: CF_Stan

Hop3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/11/21
I thought that the movements in the Speedmasters were quite poor; is that no longer the case?

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I think they’re all using A7750 movements, so still bad. I haven’t had a problem with that movement, but I never use the chrono function which is where they’ve got a bad reputation.

Reactions: Hop3

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
I think they’re all using A7750 movements, so still bad. I haven’t had a problem with that movement, but I never use the chrono function which is where they’ve got a bad reputation.

Yacht-Monster

Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter