• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

....oh dear, here we go again!!!

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
JOES! that was way to quick bro! lol

Are there only two gens in there still?

whats the story on that omega? o_O

i know, I filled this up way too quickly. Front row all gen and the AP homage on the far left back row

8B5F77C4-9621-4C94-A560-DAB4EE8B6314_zpshhuzfm8w.jpg

Omega is the speedy 3813.50....not everyone's favorite but the polished bezel did it for me.

A4796411-27CE-4C9D-BEE8-86F513F17379_zpsyr2bnsaz.jpg

redPandaWrangler

Renowned Member
6/7/15
thanks!! Got this in m2m and don't know too much other than it might have a Swiss ETA, lol!! Anyway, here's some eye candy.....

97132BA4-C298-4B76-B9C3-94187D8F0905_zpssgs2s9dr.jpg

After playing with the gen in person, this looks incredibly good. People describe the yellow insert color of TTs from TDs as "urine colored." I kind of have to agree. It looks like someone replaced your insert with a gen. Definitely the nicest TT I've seen!

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Very nice collection. Resistance is futile, as your experience has proved. [emoji1]

Come for the watches, stay for the drama! [emoji12]

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
After playing with the gen in person, this looks incredibly good. People describe the yellow insert color of TTs from TDs as "urine colored." I kind of have to agree. It looks like someone replaced your insert with a gen. Definitely the nicest TT I've seen!

Thanks, got lucky with this one. Found a gen bezel and insert for it but at $1200 it's on my wish list for now. Gen parts will cost over $3k for this but that's the direction I'm going in now. In the meantime the 16710 will be done first!!

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
Very nice collection. Resistance is futile, as your experience has proved. [emoji1]

yeah, we're all in the same boat brother. Buy, sell, buy, sell....the vicious circle continues!!

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
Damn this addiction. Downgraded to a smaller watch box to stop hoarding more box queens but I've filled it already, and there's another on the way!! Plan to mod a couple of the Rollie's but this addiction is relentless!!

8B5F77C4-9621-4C94-A560-DAB4EE8B6314_zpshhuzfm8w.jpg

Excellent collection! That's a good mix of styles.

The two aluminum bezel Rolex you have look stunning (the whole collection does tbh). Which maker is that aluminum insert GMT from?

Also, what's that watch in the top left? Looks like a Hublot/AP mix, very cool!

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
Excellent collection! That's a good mix of styles.

The two aluminum bezel Rolex you have look stunning (the whole collection does tbh). Which maker is that aluminum insert GMT from?

Also, what's that watch in the top left? Looks like a Hublot/AP mix, very cool!

thsnk you. Not sure which factory the GMT came from but it'll be franken real soon as I'm collecting parts for it right now. Here's a better shot though...

33174D7E-89CB-4A06-A624-13B61240F69E_zpsp1sxqwg0.jpg

The homage at the back is a rotary aquaspeed. Now discontinued so it's a rare bird. Homage to the AP volcano....

6EAA6CAD-6F80-49A2-93F7-41B52389EBF4_zpsp5cg8dth.jpg

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
As a new-comer to this "hobby" I am thinking of making a long thin display cabinet with a spotlight in the top shining down on the watches which will sit in some sort of display mount on a glass shelves arranged one above the other (sort of like a CD cabinet). I plan to have a little price tag indicative of the genuine article for interest..Just got to run it past the little woman - but I figure by the time that clearance is by ground control I should have had a chance to build up the display!:laugh:

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
Not a big lover of Rolex, but that is NICE. Damnit, another on the list.
Nice collection..

Cheers mate!! I just put the gen insert against this one and the rep is real close. Very subtle difference and that's why it looks good.

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
As a new-comer to this "hobby" I am thinking of making a long thin display cabinet with a spotlight in the top shining down on the watches which will sit in some sort of display mount on a glass shelves arranged one above the other (sort of like a CD cabinet). I plan to have a little price tag indicative of the genuine article for interest..Just got to run it past the little woman - but I figure by the time that clearance is by ground control I should have had a chance to build up the display!:laugh:

that sounds like a pretty neat idea. Not many static boxes come with illumination. That's usually reserved for winders from what I've seen so would be good to see something like that. Please share pictures if you get to complete this project as I'm sure many would be interested to see it!!

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13

I like your project until you got to the price tag part. I see only grief and arguments with the wife in the wake of it. This can be a costly hobby. Happy is the wife who know as little of it as possible. Not saying lying is ok, but I'm sure you catch my drift. [emoji1]

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
I like your project until you got to the price tag part. I see only grief and arguments with the wife in the wake of it. This can be a costly hobby. Happy is the wife who know as little of it as possible. Not saying lying is ok, but I'm sure you catch my drift. [emoji1]

this is why I don't interfere every time she buys some high end handbag. I stay out of her sandbox and she stays out of mine!!

genericvalue

Known Member
5/9/15
Essex, UK
HaHa...my wife thinks I'm too cheap to buy the gen so she EXPECTS reps, if you can understand that. It's just lucky for us the "they" don't understand the difference between the so-called Canal St. efforts and what we are dabbling in....:laugh:
Funny thing is...there will be reps, just as there will be the occasional gen - but in my wife's mind they will all be "Canal St" prices - so who am I to argue?

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
^^^^thats also true. What they don't know can't hurt them.....or you!!

Meechyy

Known Member
17/1/13
Hey Joes, I see you added a nice review on amazon a few days ago with pictures and everything lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Meechyy

Known Member
17/1/13
I got the 12 watch version in Macassar with the dark grey velour interior! Think it looks better with the dark grey instead of the light beige the news ones have!

Here it is with some of my gen and rep watches, front row are my gen and back row the reps.... Gotta get that case full then probably stop for a little, if I can [emoji14]

301ddb8080f98940d6e49a18bdf8414e.jpg

8bfb15786f7a7c49771c47a8005f897a.jpg

0d620b2f5efd91a5476f52cf01ac271c.jpg

Cheers

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Did they have the light beige version where ever you got your 12 slot watch box? I'm having the hardest time finding one online :( I think it would match my gold watches better.

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
Hey Joes, I see you added a nice review on amazon a few days ago with pictures and everything lol

haha, glad someone read it!! Don't usually write too many but thpught it might be of use to someone!!

BigG85

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/15
Did they have the light beige version where ever you got your 12 slot watch box? I'm having the hardest time finding one online :( I think it would match my gold watches better.

Hi Meechyy
I do not believe the 12 watch version like mine exists in beige, as the beige on one level does not seem to be part of their program anymore ( had looked for it quite q bit but could not find in beige)
They have a 8 watch version in beige or a 2x8 watch with 2 levels with the beige on their official web site but at the time I was looking Amazon in Europe was not carrying that one!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk