• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[OFFICIAL] RWI Tourbillon Club

Tcc13c

Known Member
9/6/19
Just wait until you get a working tourbillon. All the nonsense of is it gen like etc goes out the window when you see that magical roundabout of goodness. I think most people who buy tourbys just like tourbys, they're not worried about spending 3-4k to make their sub look 10% more gen like.

Thank you! That makes alot of sense.

Hyjynx what is the rep name/model of that IWC tourbillon you have btw?

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
Thank you! That makes alot of sense.

Hyjynx what is the rep name/model of that IWC tourbillon you have btw?

Portuguese IW5463. I’m told the green dial version is sold out. So have your TD confirm availability first if that’s the very you’re interested in.

jiggyjaggy

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
12/2/16
I tried to order a IWC Mystere from Puretime for the second time in 2 years. I opted for the RG with cream face which I have always loved. Such an understated watch imo. 2 months later and Im still waiting for a refund from them for inability to deliver...

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
Just wait until you get a working tourbillon. All the nonsense of is it gen like etc goes out the window when you see that magical roundabout of goodness. I think most people who buy tourbys just like tourbys, they're not worried about spending 3-4k to make their sub look 10% more gen like.

Man, this right here. Bought the JF AP RO Tourb in blue dial off of someone and I am just absolutely loving it. Was worried about the dial color or something like that being off, but this is both Super Rep and NWBIG imo. There are of course minor flaws but all those get thrown out the door when you see it fire up. Absolutely amazing complication, and I'm incredibly impressed by what Seagull has pulled off. Little worried about the reliability but if it goes for as long as it can I'll buy another one after that or see if I can get it fixed. Easily my favorite watch now, don't ever want to take it off!

Reactions: Hyjynx

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17

I saw this on watch anish a while ago. Surprised they’ve repped it already. Honestly i wish they used any case except the milgaus. I just don’t think its the best looking rolex case. Plus for that kinda money (i know I'm dreaming a bit here) but you can get some really nice tourbillons from vacheron, ap, roger dubuis. If i had that kinda money it wouldn’t be spent there put it that way! Decent rep of a ‘fake’ rolex though :p

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
I saw this on watch anish a while ago. Surprised they’ve repped it already. Honestly i wish they used any case except the milgaus. I just don’t think its the best looking rolex case. Plus for that kinda money (i know I'm dreaming a bit here) but you can get some really nice tourbillons from vacheron, ap, roger dubuis. If i had that kinda money it wouldn’t be spent there put it that way! Decent rep of a ‘fake’ rolex though :p

True, but on the plus side it's finally a tourby that's not that gaudy for a change. It could almost qualify as a stelthy daily beater (or stealthy paperweight after some bad luck). Does anybody recognize which movement is used in this one?

Reactions: rj999 and Tcc13c

chad_thunderclock

Horology Curious
14/7/19
I love the Milgauss tourbillon because it is all silver/steel metal, no fake gold. Looks way better than all the other seagull tourbillons for this reason.

Is the thinnest tourbillon still the 11mm thick 41mm AP RO? Are any 39mm watches with tourbillons?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I love the Milgauss tourbillon because it is all silver/steel metal, no fake gold. Looks way better than all the other seagull tourbillons for this reason.

Is the thinnest tourbillon still the 11mm thick 41mm AP RO? Are any 39mm watches with tourbillons?

Roger dubuis tourby is 10mm and comes in all steel, no bracelet though. I think the reason most tourbillons are gold or precious metals is that in real life they cost £100k+

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK

Mine is here, it's gaining a bit but regulation will be a nice, if tedious way of christening my Puretime screwdriver set when it arrives!

15671612330430.jpg

Last edited:

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Mine is here, it's gaining a bit but regulation will be a nice, if tedious way of christening my Puretime screwdriver set when it arrives!

15671612330430.jpg

We need more pictures plus feedback on first reactions from others and your "feeling" when wearing it

Reactions: chiccovn

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
We need more pictures plus feedback on first reactions from others and your "feeling" when wearing it

A disappointment I'm afraid. the PVD coating is very vulnerable to damage, really to be expected since it's not claimed as DLC. The sharp edge of the bezel is particularly vulnerable. But worse, while the watch keeps good time in a horizontal position on the timegrapher, and runs reliably over a 24 hour period, on the wrist, subject to angular movement, mine intermittently stops and needs a wagggle about to restart...
As for the 'feel', well it feels like a watch curiously enough: it just doesn't behave like one.

Last edited: