• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noobie - is it bad to buy 3-4 watches on first purchase?

cgflii

Do not accept unsolicited offers
5/10/24
I found a few watches on dealer clocks and i figure i get 3-4 right off the bat. Anyone think thats a bad idea?
Thanks and excited to be on the forum. :)
G

cgflii

5/10/24
I found a few watches on dealer clocks and i figure i get 3-4 right off the bat. Anyone think thats a bad idea?
G
oh i didn't think about it but i guess they would come in the same box and throw up a flag... Thanks for your reply.

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
G
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and WELCOME from the official RWI reception desk!

You are receiving this introduction because you either posted in the "new members say hi" section or —for the first time(s)— elsewhere. In the latter case, consider introducing yourself in the aforementioned section.

If you haven't already, please make sure to read all relevant sticky threads. They contain important and essential information such as the forum rules! Most importantly the sales rules, because you will NOT yet be eligible / allowed to sell unless you meet certain criteria / are certified first.

A good starting point is this list of resources on RWI:

Please also take another look at this important sticky that you should already have seen after logging on for the first time:

This quick anti-fraud guide is essential if you are about to order from a dealer for the first time:

If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact me or @Feefo!

We will gladly help, but please allow some time for PM responses as we have lifes outside of RWI!

ZHampton1

Getting To Know The Place
4/10/24
You run a much higher risk of customs issues. One or two is optimal and I myself stick to one.
That is interesting. Do you think it would be better if you bought one piece from multiple different TD's at once so they aren't shipped together? Or is it best to only have one international package on its way to you at a time. Also, I'm sure this varies by country, I am interested in USA but if anyone knows about other countries I'd be interested to know that as well.

Reactions: cgflii

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
That is interesting. Do you think it would be better if you bought one piece from multiple different TD's at once so they aren't shipped together? Or is it best to only have one international package on its way to you at a time. Also, I'm sure this varies by country, I am interested in USA but if anyone knows about other countries I'd be interested to know that as well.
The number one requirement in the rep game is patience. The less you rush into anything in this game the less disappointed you will be.

Customs is strict here and I have read a number of articles stating that US customs are clamping down on counterfeit watches. People in the US will probably know better. I doubt it is as hard as Europe to get watches from China.

cgflii

5/10/24
Update: i ordered from Dealer Clocks 10/10/24 and i already got my QC pics and asked to get the watch shipped asap. I am very excited :)
I understand the number one requirement in the rep game is patience but i am not in a hurry for anything. My question was more geared towards being efficient and ordering a few watches at a time. Once i receive my watch and am happy with it then my next order will be for 2-3 watches at a time and see how that goes.

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
I mean up to you but if you order 2+ watches it's better to split the otder into mutiple packages. Pay the extra 30 dollars to minimize your risk.