• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob

chamiman

Looking Around
26/11/22
Hi folks,

Hope everyone is keeping well.
New here so thought will say Hi and not be rude 😂.
I have been looking to get Cellini Moonphase. Still not sure which one to go for.

EWF $388 (316F Steel)

KZF $418 (316F Steel)

BPF $418 (904L Steel)

GMF $438 (904L Steel)

I have been researching around, as not alot of ppl buy them. Alot of posts suggests EWF is the best choice due to hour marker jump function.I am a bit fussy abt the material used for straps as some could look and feel very cheap and if I am correct they all advertise with the hour jump function apart from KZ not having this.

Thanks

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
party GIF

Reactions: chamiman

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Hi and welcome!
I can't really help you, I do not know the factories' Cellini versions. Personally, I would not let the steel type influence my choice, I'd rather decide by the movement inside and the overall members reports. Wish you good luck with your choice.

chamiman

Looking Around
26/11/22
Thanks yes movement is also as important to me as the quality. I think they are built on 2824 movement.
Moonphase is correct at 29.5 days. Crown in the second position allows for the hour hand to be advanced separately for easy setting of the date.

Reactions: Feefo

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Thanks yes movement is also as important to me as the quality. I think they are built on 2824 movement.
Moonphase is correct at 29.5 days. Crown in the second position allows for the hour hand to be advanced separately for easy setting of the date.
Well, you've done your homework, well done! Nothing left then apart deciding which one... In general I think that quality grows from EWF - BPF - GMF (don't know KZF). I also read somewhere that the 3 factories are somehow connected. If it was my choice I'd stick to either GMF or BP. But, maybe there's more to this particular model than what I wrote (for the explorer 1 I'll always go for BP, for instance).

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Truthfully I would just assume that any of leather straps that comes stock are going to be low quality and you'll be probably replacing them. I wouldn't let that sway me either way. I don't know much about the model so I can't offer you direct help to which is the best although it seems like you've done your research and you've pretty much made your selection. Just focus on the watch head for your selection and the strap or bracelet can always be a swapped out and addressed