• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
On my V9 the solid end links are perfect...perfectly flush on top. Obviously that's not how the genuine end links are relative to the top of the lugs, but it looks kinda good :) And unless someone knows that the links aren't supposed to be flush that person will think that, in this regard, the watch is perfect because it is perfect (perfectly wrong).

The colors of the bezel and dial, and the sunburst effect of the dial, on the V9 are gorgeous. And they change constantly (in different lighting). I've not owned a genuine Hulk so I can't say anything definitive about the color or sunburst difference, but I'm getting the feeling that you'd have to really experience a genuine Hulk, for days on your wrist, and then go back to the V9 before you'd notice a substantial difference between the two. Or have them both in your hand at the same time. I've looked at hundreds of pictures and videos online and I feel like I've seen all of the looks from the V9 that I see in pictures and videos of the genuine...they just probably don't all happen in the exact same lighting that they'd happen under with the genuine.

All just my opinion and I could be wrong but if so ignorance is bliss.

That last sentence, indeed “ignorance is bliss”!!! My first Sub was a Noob V5, one of the worst versions out there and I was so happy! No SEL or crown guards bothered me, no time-correct dials and foggy rehauts, I loved it and felt like a 10K watch that time! Well now I cannot “un-see” imperfections of any kind so you just have to live with the fact or go gen and forget about the reps..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: phdsjain

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
But @occcb2 is right if you seen the real LV you can see the differences in Terms of color etc

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
But @occcb2 is right if you seen the real LV you can see the differences in Terms of color etc
See this pic, again not my watch!

SEL is bad, same as V7... now since we are talking insert color, this green is really really bad, even if you have never seen genuine in person you will know something is wrong from meters away!!

952393560c3859a29ca699ad243669fc.jpg

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Guys, LV is what it is. You will likely not come across a gen LV and compare bezel colors, do not overthink it. If you like green, go ahead, I am sure you will LOVE it. I on the hand do not like green, so I am getting black and I have no worries about bezel colors.

Also I am not sure why so many people are getting the ARF bracelet just for the SEL? I have seen plenty of QC photos here with pretty damn good SEL. It appears the noob bracelet/clasp is of better quality too... so why?

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
That last sentence, indeed “ignorance is bliss”!!! My first Sub was a Noob V5, one of the worst versions out there and I was so happy! No SEL or crown guards bothered me, no time-correct dials and foggy rehauts, I loved it and felt like a 10K watch that time! Well now I cannot “un-see” imperfections of any kind so you just have to live with the fact or go gen and forget about the reps..

Exactly the same, my first rep was a Noob Sub V5 and I bought it off Phil who does the YouTube reviews.

I was blown away, I thought it looked every bit the 6k watch.

I remember him saying at the time he could point out the flaws but said he didn’t want to ruin it for me. I’m glad he didn’t.

Now I struggle to wear OTB reps I always feel they need improving.

Wish I could go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: efthimis

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
So this is a V9... ???? Magnification looks bad and that “22” funny but I am looking at the SEL more

e2c472c54ed6d7b75d163818a1a4b96f.jpg

e685b293f947134a1408f0aa69fae7ec.jpg

4e58f3b15459150adbca3b5134a1a55f.jpg

6902dc70db73f466ba7bee4fc27e3c05.jpg

a4a02244108b2b19bd531061e985b710.jpg

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
On my V9 the solid end links are perfect...perfectly flush on top. Obviously that's not how the genuine end links are relative to the top of the lugs, but it looks kinda good :) And unless someone knows that the links aren't supposed to be flush that person will think that, in this regard, the watch is perfect because it is perfect (perfectly wrong).

The colors of the bezel and dial, and the sunburst effect of the dial, on the V9 are gorgeous. And they change constantly (in different lighting). I've not owned a genuine Hulk so I can't say anything definitive about the color or sunburst difference, but I'm getting the feeling that you'd have to really experience a genuine Hulk, for days on your wrist, and then go back to the V9 before you'd notice a substantial difference between the two. Or have them both in your hand at the same time. I've looked at hundreds of pictures and videos online and I feel like I've seen all of the looks from the V9 that I see in pictures and videos of the genuine...they just probably don't all happen in the exact same lighting that they'd happen under with the genuine.

All just my opinion and I could be wrong but if so ignorance is bliss.

No that is exactly how the real Hulk is. But the all match. I had a nice rep of one but when compared too my friends real one it was nothing. I decided not too be a fan. I guess I will order it and compare it. But I have done it so many times and the pics look great and I compare them too pictures of the real deal and I get it and think it was good then I would go to PA and see my friend who had it and the bezel never is the same green. I got all the real parts and made mine and it is spot on with is store brought one. I know I was lucky too get a case that so happen to be an LV but I didn't want too spend the $ on the dial and bezel and made it an LN for a long time then when the LV stuff came up local I got it. I even ordered a brand new 3135 and installed it. Sold my referb 3135 for $1650 here and dropped $2300 I think on a brand new one. Both were perfect but I had just did a 116710 and had rolex actually register it under my name so I want too do it with my hulk but I never go to the city any more and kind of lost interest in doing it. It would put value for a sale but I an not selling the LV. My 16610LV is still all rolex but the case and I keep rebuilding it with different case. I love it and have had one since starting this hobby and it kind of is the same build that started as a TC and when I got here it has transformed too a all real watch but the mid case and has been for years. But I put a TC case and then a TC V case and then a Phong T case and kept it with that till a few months ago I built it too a JF V2 case and couldn't be happier.

The 116610LV is amazing. But I really had zero understanding of the finish of a real 116610. When I build someone a Noob V6S rest real 116610LN I had too have one. I just build a alll real but the case and band and sold it. I didn't like it. I went too Europe and wore it. I took pics. Its all on here. But It looked great but I built a few with real bands and there is zero comparison feel wise. So I spent lots of $ because I am not a metal worker. I can polish cases and bevel and make it look close but Jon here, I read his stuff or see his work and it is great. Maybe if I had his metal working talent I would try.

The noob V9 is amazing feeling. I said it before. My SEL are good.

IMG_1901.jpg

It is in parts in my shop right now so I can't show pics.

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
In the style of an occb2 late night ramble (which I like): Received my V9 LV finally. Cut to the chase: I like it, but it is far from perfect (already curious about smoke edition ARF LN/SH and maybe Noob V10, LOL). Here the breakdown: My V9 sel is relatively flush with case. My V7 had sunken sels. Of course, all V9 and all V7s are not the same, obviously. The loose tolerances of the Noob mid-case manufacturer means there will be a large variation within the same Version number, and inter-version comparisons will never be fully grounded. What you get is a gamble: you cannot even control it through QC photos, as angle of photo, reflection will control perception. Side note: It is funny that people are freaking out about whether they got a V9 or a V8: if it has a red 904L print on the bracelet plastic, then it is a V9. Simple as that. That does not mean that it will have sunken sels or even consistent lug shape. There is tremendous variation in the QC photos people have posted, but as long as it has the red 904L sticker, then it is V9. What does 904L mean? Well, your V7 will look like it is made of titanium compared to the V9: the V9 is shinier and more metallic silver. It also wears a little heavier, and rougher. The guy who complained about Noob not having the right machines for machining 904L made a nice insight: there is something a little rough and stiff about the whole V9 bracelet and case. Another topic: the green bezel color of the V9 LV is alot like a few V7 LVs, but with a white fill. The bezel fill is not platinum at all. It is as if Noob actually noticed that their V7 bezels fills were too dark and went too far in the opposite direction with a white fill. If people think that V9 will allow them to avoid the spongebob/smoke/USSDasein splutter modification or the platinum pen, they are wrong: the fill on the bezel is white. You will still need to fill it with platinum--the right shade of platinum. Also, the green, while nice, does not entirely replicate the gen green bezel. Gen green has a yellow shade that pops up under certain lighting conditions. With V9, you will likely get more grey than yellows. Another thing: my crystal is mis-aligned and the cyclops is a bit cloudy and has blue tint. It is aligned too low. I did not see this on QC, but in any case, I think the guys who take the QC photos want to show the cyclops aligned, and one can always do that with camera angle. Not seeing much of a black hole effect also with this crystal. Crystal needs to be replaced. DW print seems too thick, but the style is in line with Rolex OEM. Hands are a little rough on the edges and not perfect geometry. The hand/dial lume is a little too weak for my taste. Not that gen lume is the best, but it is better. Despite all this, and I think occb2 hit the nail on the head: the V9 watch feels real nice. It has gen-like feel, but does not have 100% gen-like look. It feels a little too chunky sometimes, but too chunky like the gen six digits. It certainly feels chunkier than my V7. I agree with consensus of expert: the V9 is a work in progress. Needs gen parts upgrades and mods, but it will likely get you closer to the real thing with all of that extra work than the ARF.

Chiswickian

Horology Curious
6/6/18
Can anyone recommend a UK (ideally) or European modder to do those much talked about V9 mods. I've checked the rest of RWI, but most modders appear to be US based. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
So this is a V9... ???? Magnification looks bad and that “22” funny but I am looking at the SEL more

i agree, you cant just focus on sels, the date/mag look s@@t

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15

this one isnt so bad, but not good enough for your project.

maybe just another "v9 batch", but in my eyes still a v8! do not buy my friend!
wait till noob sold off all that BS. we here saw some better v9-examples(but the better where all(or mostly) the hulks SA3135(and a few 2836 hulks if i remember correctly)).
greets

on the gen 116613 there are sometimes(or often) less recessed SELs, but not often on 116610. ;)

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14

Wow I missed this post. That is a V9. The date is off. My crystal sucks on mine. I see what you mean on this one. I would say no. But there are a lot of good ones that are not that bad.

This is why I say no too any 116610LV. The way the TD's show it is under what ever lighting they want. That watch is not a watch I would buy from a rep. Or if you do put a real bezel and dial on it. I know I keep saying it but until I see one side by side with a real one in the sun and in normal lighting it is not worth it.

It is kind of embarrassing. Think of it like this. I work in the office and own a rep hulk. Then someone comes in after buying it and saids look what I got. The hulk will make you look like crap! Been there done that years ago.

This was St. Patricks day!

IMG_1398.jpg

EF0303DB-22A6-4116-97CD-D0AB2B5B91B4.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg
91F7A4FD-0519-492B-AA22-A45F8AD46F19.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

I am sorry for the fingerprints dirt and scuff marks. I wear my watches. LOL. But I think one will get the point. 95% of people will not know if yours is a fake. No one is going too look at your SEL's guys. But if one does that will be the least of your issues. The 116610LV too me is probably the hardest watch I have seen too clone. The 16610 LV is simple because they changed the insert color and the sun could do it too. But the 116610LV is a different beast. I did not like it. I made the LV case a LN. I still dont 100% like the shade of the bezel. But really the watch is amazing. Look like a black dial a lot of the times indoor with not bright light. Go into the sunlight it shines emerald green. It is amazing. So if you have someone that has the real one and you order a fake you will not be happy. Maybe if you find a bezel and dial. But then you are in a lot of money then. Plus try too get a real one right now. They are nuts.

Stevenf

Supporter
Certified
12/7/17
Singapore
In the style of an occb2 late night ramble (which I like): Received my V9 LV finally. Cut to the chase: I like it, but it is far from perfect (already curious about smoke edition ARF LN/SH and maybe Noob V10, LOL). Here the breakdown: My V9 sel is relatively flush with case. My V7 had sunken sels. Of course, all V9 and all V7s are not the same, obviously. The loose tolerances of the Noob mid-case manufacturer means there will be a large variation within the same Version number, and inter-version comparisons will never be fully grounded. What you get is a gamble: you cannot even control it through QC photos, as angle of photo, reflection will control perception. Side note: It is funny that people are freaking out about whether they got a V9 or a V8: if it has a red 904L print on the bracelet plastic, then it is a V9. Simple as that. That does not mean that it will have sunken sels or even consistent lug shape. There is tremendous variation in the QC photos people have posted, but as long as it has the red 904L sticker, then it is V9. What does 904L mean? Well, your V7 will look like it is made of titanium compared to the V9: the V9 is shinier and more metallic silver. It also wears a little heavier, and rougher. The guy who complained about Noob not having the right machines for machining 904L made a nice insight: there is something a little rough and stiff about the whole V9 bracelet and case. Another topic: the green bezel color of the V9 LV is alot like a few V7 LVs, but with a white fill. The bezel fill is not platinum at all. It is as if Noob actually noticed that their V7 bezels fills were too dark and went too far in the opposite direction with a white fill. If people think that V9 will allow them to avoid the spongebob/smoke/USSDasein splutter modification or the platinum pen, they are wrong: the fill on the bezel is white. You will still need to fill it with platinum--the right shade of platinum. Also, the green, while nice, does not entirely replicate the gen green bezel. Gen green has a yellow shade that pops up under certain lighting conditions. With V9, you will likely get more grey than yellows. Another thing: my crystal is mis-aligned and the cyclops is a bit cloudy and has blue tint. It is aligned too low. I did not see this on QC, but in any case, I think the guys who take the QC photos want to show the cyclops aligned, and one can always do that with camera angle. Not seeing much of a black hole effect also with this crystal. Crystal needs to be replaced. DW print seems too thick, but the style is in line with Rolex OEM. Hands are a little rough on the edges and not perfect geometry. The hand/dial lume is a little too weak for my taste. Not that gen lume is the best, but it is better. Despite all this, and I think occb2 hit the nail on the head: the V9 watch feels real nice. It has gen-like feel, but does not have 100% gen-like look. It feels a little too chunky sometimes, but too chunky like the gen six digits. It certainly feels chunkier than my V7. I agree with consensus of expert: the V9 is a work in progress. Needs gen parts upgrades and mods, but it will likely get you closer to the real thing with all of that extra work than the ARF.

Thanks for the detailed summary there. As a person who enjoys DIY mods, the platinum paint mod is something that I am very keen on trying, largely because it is relatively cheap and easy. The V9 LV will be my first rep but I cannot quite justify spending hundreds on crystals and inserts (yet).

Oh and also, the one I had ordered is on a 2836 movement. I understand that if one is to go franken, it would be better to have a 3135 as the base right?

koppy

Supporter
Certified
14/11/17
Wow I missed this post. That is a V9. The date is off. My crystal sucks on mine. I see what you mean on this one. I would say no. But there are a lot of good ones that are not that bad.

This is why I say no too any 116610LV. The way the TD's show it is under what ever lighting they want. That watch is not a watch I would buy from a rep. Or if you do put a real bezel and dial on it. I know I keep saying it but until I see one side by side with a real one in the sun and in normal lighting it is not worth it.

It is kind of embarrassing. Think of it like this. I work in the office and own a rep hulk. Then someone comes in after buying it and saids look what I got. The hulk will make you look like crap! Been there done that years ago.

This was St. Patricks day!

IMG_1398.jpg

EF0303DB-22A6-4116-97CD-D0AB2B5B91B4.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg
91F7A4FD-0519-492B-AA22-A45F8AD46F19.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

I am sorry for the fingerprints dirt and scuff marks. I wear my watches. LOL. But I think one will get the point. 95% of people will not know if yours is a fake. No one is going too look at your SEL's guys. But if one does that will be the least of your issues. The 116610LV too me is probably the hardest watch I have seen too clone. The 16610 LV is simple because they changed the insert color and the sun could do it too. But the 116610LV is a different beast. I did not like it. I made the LV case a LN. I still dont 100% like the shade of the bezel. But really the watch is amazing. Look like a black dial a lot of the times indoor with not bright light. Go into the sunlight it shines emerald green. It is amazing. So if you have someone that has the real one and you order a fake you will not be happy. Maybe if you find a bezel and dial. But then you are in a lot of money then. Plus try too get a real one right now. They are nuts.

why i stick to black bezal