• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Are you serious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone has their hangups about specific tells. Some people prefer the 2836, even though it means crown position and CGs that are way off. Some people are very concerned about dial print, while others think there is a enough variation in the gens that it doesn't really matter. Some people dislike VRF because of the rehaut printing, while others (like me) don't even have good enough eye sight to see it anyway.

For me, a flush SEL creates a flat reflection all the way across the lugs, which is visible at wrist distance and further, kind of ruining the look. I'm sure smoke and other experts would reject a watch for flush SEL too, but to each their own--you don't have to agree.

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Everyone has their hangups about specific tells. Some people prefer the 2836, even though it means crown position and CGs that are way off. Some people are very concerned about dial print, while others think there is a enough variation in the gens that it doesn't really matter. Some people dislike VRF because of the rehaut printing, while others (like me) don't even have good enough eye sight to see it anyway.

For me, a flush SEL creates a flat reflection all the way across the lugs, which is visible at wrist distance and further, kind of ruining the look. I'm sure smoke and other experts would reject a watch for flush SEL too, but to each their own--you don't have to agree.

Fair comment man - i just think we expect an awful lot at times. Since finding the forum a few years back I think the reps are getting better and better its good to see.

Although sometimes it feels like they go full circle and fck things up again... NOOB seem to be masters at this

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
That's absolutely right. Comparing the reps at this point is like comparing modern production cameras: they're all light years ahead of the best stuff available five years ago, so it's down to nitpicking details. Also true about the cyclical nature of the "improvements"... I was lucky to pick up a V7 with great lugs and CGs, basically a V6s case... but it has a worse insert than even the V6 and V5. One step forward, two steps back. But in the end, it's a good excuse to franken. I enjoy a hacked together gen-like watch more than a gen one.

Reactions: pengo and dom1986

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
DC109 exactly. It's like the shoulders on a suit, it's something you can't alter easily. When I finally get QC for my V9 if the sel isn't right I'd sooner have my money back or get a different watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
That's absolutely right. Comparing the reps at this point is like comparing modern production cameras: they're all light years ahead of the best stuff available five years ago, so it's down to nitpicking details. Also true about the cyclical nature of the "improvements"... I was lucky to pick up a V7 with great lugs and CGs, basically a V6s case... but it has a worse insert than even the V6 and V5. One step forward, two steps back. But in the end, it's a good excuse to franken. I enjoy a hacked together gen-like watch more than a gen one.
Simple solution = dont buy anything from noob until they learn and fix it.

Mattspalace

Horology Curious
26/5/18
Can someone chime in regarding approx shipping timeline from inTime to USA? Thanks

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Simple solution = dont buy anything from noob until they learn and fix it.

That's definitely the simple solution. But with the other advantages of the V9, I think the long road to the best rep possible is to work with your TD on QC pics and keep trying until you get the right base, and upgrade from there.

hellseekerx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
La Jolla California
That's definitely the simple solution. But with the other advantages of the V9, I think the long road to the best rep possible is to work with your TD on QC pics and keep trying until you get the right base, and upgrade from there.

my pet peeve is the date and cyclops, that's like the first thing anyone looks for and easy to spot on Rolexs , right after a good smooth sweeeping second hand, third a good bezel with great clicks. Most friends that I allow to check out my original Sub is the first thing they tend to do , turn the bezel, so i hope the V9 noob on a 2836 I ordered from Ryan has these preferences of mine on point.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Good luck we tried that years ago, noob doesnt give a shit about RWI, ARF is the complete opposite they hear and try to fix

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
It could be a figure matter, if noob orders and sells million watches,a smaller maker is more flexible
ofc i don't think ARF is small but mayb not that big

WatchMeWin

27/8/15
Well, I've officially read all 92 pages of this damn thread, and after being out of the rep game for a year or so, this V9 is gonna pull me back in. After seeing the great review that occb2 posted, and seeing the feedback smoke has left, I guess I'm team noob on this one. The million dollar question for me is, with Ryan being out of stock (even though some members report hearing there's stock available) and ChazingTime out of stock, has anybody had any experience with good ol' BK regarding stock on the V9, and does anyone have any thoughts on his offerings (besides the higher prices) as far as them being verified V9's?

WatchMeWin

27/8/15
Mods, am I allowed to post the sales post link from BK's section with the pics for feedback from my previous post?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Well, I've officially read all 92 pages of this damn thread, and after being out of the rep game for a year or so, this V9 is gonna pull me back in. After seeing the great review that occb2 posted, and seeing the feedback smoke has left, I guess I'm team noob on this one. The million dollar question for me is, with Ryan being out of stock (even though some members report hearing there's stock available) and ChazingTime out of stock, has anybody had any experience with good ol' BK regarding stock on the V9, and does anyone have any thoughts on his offerings (besides the higher prices) as far as them being verified V9's?
Bk lol don't waste your money

Zack2018

Horology Curious
4/6/18
Anyone selling or can point me in the right direction for a Rolex submariner stainless steel and green (hulk) v9 I’m not being rude and don’t mean it’s I’m brand new to this and don’t no where to post this other than here, as I see there’s some senior members on this bread hopefully they can point me in the right direction. Many thanks