• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob V6s 116610LN - First Impressions

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Well, I literally just got this in the mail and immediately found a REAL camera (read: not iPhone camera).

Everything was packaged nicely and sent promptly thanks to the efforts of Angus and the PT team.

Edit: this is the 2836 version

DSCN3694.jpg

DSCN3695.jpg

As we can see so far, under direct (led) lighting, the V6s has all the polish and shine you'd expect from one of Noob's top tier models. The AR on the cyclops shows much less blue than the v5, slightly better but not quite that gen blackhole effect.

DSCN3702.jpg

DSCN3698.jpg

Fingerprints galore... I know

DSCN3705.jpg

The bezel insert looks superb. Beautifully finished and crisp, the font colors are leaps ahead of the last silvery interpretation. Don't mind the spots in the pic, everything is spotless after one wipe.

DSCN3697.jpg

I am by no means a pearl expert, but this does the job quite well. Also you can see how rich the bezel finish looks with some light shaded.

DSCN3696.jpg

Slightly more light in this pic above. The bezel turns and clicks VERY nicely! I'm really impressed on how nice this feels. Virtualy no wobble and the right amount of firmness as you adjust it.

DSCN3701.jpg

That clasp! I don't think this needs much explaining :)

DSCN3706.jpg

I'm also including some pictures in more natural lighting in a moment.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Wow looks amazing, received my V5 yr.day! By comparison they look identical.

Xman

6/2/11
Thank you for the pics!!! Looks fantastic, how's the clasp feel to operate? Does everything engage firmly?

Thanks again!

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Ok, so here we are with some natural lighting thanks to some good sunlight coming in today, I think this is where the V6s really comes to life. The "high-scrutiny" lighting never really does full justice to any watch, rep or gen. These following pictures are in indirect contact with sunlight through the window.

DSCN3710.jpg

DSCN3714.jpg
<--sorry if slightly out of focus

DSCN3716.jpg

In this setting, the AR on the cyclops really does get rather close to the gen's blackhole effect. Not perfect, but certainly pleasing to look at. Magnification looks good to me.

DSCN3711.jpg

I am very happy with the SEL fitment on the V6s. I've been through a few different noobs before, including a BK v5. This tops the charts with fitment, props to Angus and Noob!

DSCN3717.jpg

DSCN3718.jpg

DSCN3713.jpg

CalABC

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
31/8/15
Looks like the TD's are gonna get bombarded with orders once CNY is over :)

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
And finally, these last couple pictures are in natural lighting but a good distance away from the window (maybe 20 feet compared to 5 feet from above), a rather neutral daylight setting without any strong sunlight contact.

DSCN3730.jpg

DSCN3729.jpg

DSCN3732.jpg

And the grand finale...

DSCN3723.jpg

Overall thoughts:

This is by far the best Sub-C on the market in my opinion. I've seen the JF reviews and it too is a strong competitor, but there are certain finishing touches that I think noob has a better handle on.

The finish on the bezel and the paint color has this looking spot on. The cannon pinion height is a nice detail the obsessvie will be pleased with.

The SEL!!! On the wrist this just totally separates it from the v5 and previous models. This was one of my strongest pet peeves, and I'm very happy to see the improvement.

Cyclops AR - well, it's not gen. But it's also not the blue monster of yore. I find this to be tolerable. A gen crystal would be sweet.

Bracelet - Excellent. Not much I can say that has not already been said. The clasp looks gen and works perfect.

CONCLUSION: you want a fantastic sub-c? Here it is.

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
thanks for the pics!
and thanks for starting a new thread topic...

Xman

6/2/11
theres a lot to like about that watch, to me it's the best version so far from the pics. A few small things like the aplication of the overlay could have been better but what can you do, it's still the best ceramic sub as I see it :)

hublotkingpower

Renowned Member
9/12/14
Southeast Asia
thanks for the brief review and pictures :) was waiting on someone to share some personal pics of this new V6S, might have to purchase this after CNY !

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Wow looks amazing, received my V5 yr.day! By comparison they look identical.

The v5 is a great model, especially for the sale price! I'm confident you'll enjoy it as I enjoyed mine.

Thank you for the pics!!! Looks fantastic, how's the clasp feel to operate? Does everything engage firmly?

Thanks again!

You're welcome! The clasp feels great; engages firmly and snaps securely. No complaints.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Rehaut looks pretty wokky I hope it's just bad angles in the pics.mine should be here soon can't wait to see how it compares to my v3

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
Rehaut looks pretty wokky I hope it's just bad angles in the pics.mine should be here soon can't wait to see how it compares to my v3

Wokky as in off-center? Not more than some gens I've seen that are also not perfectly aligned. A good example would be when Rolex debuted their rose gold yacht master on rubber. Their show model was aligned similarly

Sent from my Noob 1:1 v6 edition iPhone super rep

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
[MENTION=83013]smoke[/MENTION] would really like to see it against the v3

Sent from my Noob 1:1 v6 edition iPhone super rep

alext24

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/13
Thanks

This watch is very nice...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk