• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v2 no date opinions on SEL please

Dr. Mike

Renowned Member
7/9/15
Hey guys . Can you please give your thoughts on the SEL fit on this? I've requested more pics and pics of the clasp. Rehaut looks aligned to me, everything looks ok but maybe the SEL is protruding above the lugs?
bd251d534f1f61f058de65748df544d9.jpg
560c6eab3ad943dd523534180d7ce80b.jpg
bbe8682469abe4f09120e206d35a7816.jpg
cc363d73f349f27f8327097922a578e1.jpg
c36331131bb0d1228bcbf15ff8b930fb.jpg
192aabab2850a21eb947c9c35ba996c3.jpg
6c4b933ef58da1499d1a4098cb85cd55.jpg
90d3bbf51b424bc8169ba3e092e07eca.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Personally, that's as close to gen as you'll get on the end links. If someone notices that, ask them for a reach around, cause they're definitely all up in your personal space [emoji8]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Personally, that's as close to gen as you'll get on the end links. If someone notices that, ask them for a reach around, cause they're definitely all up in your personal space [emoji8]

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

His challenges with the watch don't have to do someone noticing the flaw. The flaw is bothering him personally in terms of his expectations. His previous rep did have better fitment.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
His challenges with the watch don't have to do someone noticing the flaw. The flaw is bothering him personally in terms of his expectations. His previous rep did have better fitment.
Ahh finally someone who gets me ?. Yes I wasn't happy with it and rejected it. The v5 I had last year was way better. And I've been looking at others photos of their v5, the qc photos people have been getting of their v6s and the photos on puretime and intime website of what the v5 is supposed to look like. They all have nice sel fit. This one does not. I'm guessing that the only v5 that are left are the previously rejected. So I'm passing on a v5.

When you say 5 digit do you specifically mean a tc?

Om3ga_guy

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/12/10
Canada
Yeah TC's latest sub has great SEL fitment and any hollow endlink sub you build will be fairly "gen-like". Ahead of a ceramic rep - my 2 cents.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Yeah TC's latest sub has great SEL fitment and any hollow endlink sub you build will be fairly "gen-like". Ahead of a ceramic rep - my 2 cents.
Yeah I've been contemplating a tc for a while now, wanting an LV. But my funds are limited and I think I want to do my bpsd build

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15
Yeah it looks perfect. The only thing that is bugging me it on picture 4 it looks like the sel is sitting higher than the lug toward the end. I had a v5 last year that wasn't like that. Small gripe I guess

you are absolutely right with the above. if SELs are important to u(like me) dont buy it. you will quickly loose ur enjoyment on the watch. its not the baddest SELs for a v2, but on v5/v2s u can only get good SELs if u buy a BK. if u would meet me, i would recognize the SELs in a sec. :)

for v2 SELs these are not the baddest. but overall these are bad SELs!

i cant belive they are all talking u in this watch.
even smoke. that is bad man.

this forum should help the people, and for the fact that he is already concernd about the SELs->put him on the new v6s at least(or waiting for the ND).

retrospex

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
i cant belive they are all talking u in this watch.
even smoke. that is bad man.

this forum should help the people, and for the fact that he is already concernd about the SELs->put him on the new v6s at least(or waiting for the ND).

Hey OP, no one is "talking you into this watch" at all. You asked for the thoughts and opinions of the members here, many who are very experienced with gens and reps, and who have varying opinions.

Despite what the above post mentions, we are all trying to help by offering experience and points of view regarding an outgoing rep.

This is one of those 'beating a dead horse' topics that have been exhausted and always come up with a new release.

It always boils down to the same things:
-either you can live with it or not; YOU must figure that part out
-if you want perfect consistency, buy the real
-this is a fascinating hobby, remember to have FUN and enjoy your reps [emoji1417]

Sent from my Noob 1:1 v6 edition iPhone super rep

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Hey OP, no one is "talking you into this watch" at all. You asked for the thoughts and opinions of the members here, many who are very experienced with gens and reps, and who have varying opinions.

Despite what the above post mentions, we are all trying to help by offering experience and points of view regarding an outgoing rep.

This is one of those 'beating a dead horse' topics that have been exhausted and always come up with a new release.

It always boils down to the same things:
-either you can live with it or not; YOU must figure that part out
-if you want perfect consistency, buy the real
-this is a fascinating hobby, remember to have FUN and enjoy your reps [emoji1417]

Sent from my Noob 1:1 v6 edition iPhone super rep

Hey retrospex, at no point did I ever say or suggest that anyone was "talking me into this watch". I posted asking for people's thoughts, I got them, I acknowledged them and appreciated them. It was useful to have a different pair of eyes and varying opinion. I wanted a v5 but this did not meet my requirements based on the sel fit. I had a previous v5 date with very nice sel, and I've seen many other members with nice sel. So this dud not meet my expectations and I can't live with it. Thanks for your input.

Cronus4

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/10/15
The SEL looks good to go to me, but angles and how it's held can make a difference too...

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
[MENTION=109205]Princewilliam[/MENTION] gem crystal?

Cheers, yes gen crystal. It was sitting a little high here but it's been lowered now

These are Zockers pictures after he re brushed the whole watch and relumed the dial and hands

Somebody else installed the crystal and completely f*d it up, so Dirk has just re pressed it with better gasket

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Cheers, yes gen crystal. It was sitting a little high here but it's been lowered now

These are Zockers pictures after he re brushed the whole watch and relumed the dial and hands
Yeah it looks great. Does it make a big difference reluming? Is it for longevity rather than brightness?

See my expectations was for sel fit like that. My previous had nice one like that. The website shows sel like that. So that's what I want! Anyway I'll just hold out for a v6s

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Yeah it looks great. Does it make a big difference reluming? Is it for longevity rather than brightness?

See my expectations was for sel fit like that. My previous had nice one like that. The website shows sel like that. So that's what I want! Anyway I'll just hold out for a v6s

Both really, it lasts ages and it's super bright. It makes the dial look a lot better too, the standard lume is pure white but now with the relume it's more creamy or marble
532df231c8ffc60e98dd271f8e2ed90f.jpg

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
[MENTION=109205]Princewilliam[/MENTION] fantastic. Did you also change the dwo? Crown?

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
[MENTION=109205]Princewilliam[/MENTION] fantastic. Did you also change the dwo? Crown?

Yes gen crown, TC DWO. I don't think the TC is correct for sub c but I prefer it over the more bold font