• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob released 904L Daytona 116500 model

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
I’m not a Rolex guy by any means, but I can’t see what the whole fuss is about. I’ve been following the Noob vs ARF threads for quite a while and if I remember correctly many people were saying:
1. That the movement alone is worth the price;
2. That Noob should have used 904l for their Daytona build;
3. That ARF dial & bezel and Noob movement/case (mainly because of the pushers) are the best of both worlds and they were happily spending double the amount to buy both watches from the 2 different factories in the search for the perfect build;
4. That Noob clone builds were out of stock (and the m2m secrion was going crazy at each Noob daytona clone sale).

Now Noob comes up with a 904 case and people complain because they hiked the price. So I wonder why people were not compaining that much before for the cheap 7750 movement in the ARF, which is clearly overpriced no matter how good the dial, bezel and SEL were.

It just doesn’t add up. But then again I’m an AP guy, so what do I know.
Hey man - to the AP guys out there this is standard price for a rep! What's the fuss? :)

Reactions: SuperLory

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
MasterWatch gen for reference.

I think it also has slightly rounded corners on SEL when blown up

be2d4ad4297b0350e83081150558db6a.jpg

qualityazn

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
11/3/18
guru is the weight of 904L different from 316L I just got my white dial v2 yesterday and considering selling if 904L feels heavier. Literally unworn. I got the black dial v2 coming in the mail as well...so mad right now

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
Noob knows how to make Money lol someone has to buy for Review :p

Reactions: catana1981

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
guru is the weight of 904L different from 316L I just got my white dial v2 yesterday and considering selling if 904L feels heavier. Literally unworn. I got the black dial v2 coming in the mail as well...so mad right now
Don’t be bothered, it’s really hard to tell apart the two stew types, just enjoy your watches!! I got a Noob white dial, I had the ARF before and I have a brand new genuine Batman (same bracelet as the 116500), all look the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
The Daytona has become the new Submariner of the rep fora world, so much whinging and knit picking about flaws.

Do you really think noob are going to just scrap the thousands of Daytona dials they had made just because a handful of forum members don’t like them? They will sell a shit tonne of these watches with or without you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ywg

3/7/17
The Daytona has become the new Submariner of the rep fora world, so much whinging and knit picking about flaws.

Do you really think noob are going to just scrap the thousands of Daytona dials they had made just because a handful of forum members don’t like them? They will sell a shit tonne of these watches with or without you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But let me tell you, if they make a 1:1 bezel for the 116500 and a perfect dial with fixed subdials 3d coronet and 3d markers, people who have already bought the previous versions will buy the new ones like hot cakes as well.

Rep Enthusiast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/3/18
But let me tell you, if they make a 1:1 bezel for the 116500 and a perfect dial with fixed subdials 3d coronet and 3d markers, people who have already bought the previous versions will buy the new ones like hot cakes as well.

As they do because they “only” changed steel type. I’ll go for that one and change what needs to be changed in order to get a more gen like version.

Kdawggy

Known Member
3/4/18
I'm hoping they just have a bunch of dials from the 316L version leftover that they're trying to use up.

One can hope, right?

Reactions: ssouthall6

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Flaws aside, I'm having a really hard time deciding between white dial or black dial!

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
does the midcase & SEL look improved from the last models or am I just tripping?

Reactions: maxracingshox

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
surprised at all the hate, and that ARF isn't sweating as their biggest advantage is now gone aka 904 PLUS working chrono.....oh my

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
What if they just used the pics from the previous non-904L version and in reality this 904L release has a new dial?

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I’m not a Rolex guy by any means, but I can’t see what the whole fuss is about. I’ve been following the Noob vs ARF threads for quite a while and if I remember correctly many people were saying:
1. That the movement alone is worth the price;
2. That Noob should have used 904l for their Daytona build;
3. That ARF dial & bezel and Noob movement/case (mainly because of the pushers) are the best of both worlds and they were happily spending double the amount to buy both watches from the 2 different factories in the search for the perfect build;
4. That Noob clone builds were out of stock (and the m2m secrion was going crazy at each Noob daytona clone sale).

Now Noob comes up with a 904 case and people complain because they hiked the price. So I wonder why people were not compaining that much before for the cheap 7750 movement in the ARF, which is clearly overpriced no matter how good the dial, bezel and SEL were.

It just doesn’t add up. But then again I’m an AP guy, so what do I know.

I will add a good gen dials passed from 5/600 to 8/900€ during the summer. Stainless gen hands are becoming *rare* now...

Ok this 904l update is perhaps not the first every one here was expecting, but for those who dont buy yet gen parts, a perfect franken daytona in 904l will become more and more expensive in few months or even weeks ...

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Thanks for the gen pic.
To me on the rep the rounding is a bit more pronounced. Live shots will tell a better story.

Ok I take that back.
The Puretime news link kobe posted above the SELs looks much better.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Flaws aside, I'm having a really hard time deciding between white dial or black dial!

I never liked white dials, but I had to have the 116500 in white. I am so happy I did it. I bought both and sold the black one off after having them side by side.

I would say that if you go for a 116520, black would be the way to go. I had several gen versions, and it just goes together for some reason.

Reactions: TheDonSL