• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Looking to Purchase AUDEMARS PIGUET bustdown but......

chicagowatch2023

Do not accept unsolicited offers
7/4/23
chicago
Hello there,
I'm new here and part of the Chicago community. I'm currently in touch with a Hont representative about the AUDEMARS PIGUET bustdown, which I found on the following link: [insert link].
When I translated the description from Chinese to English, it mentioned that the diamonds are lab-made, but there was no information about the material of the watch. I contacted the Hont representative to clarify, and they informed me that the watch is made of CZ. I was initially expecting moissanite for the price of $798.
Although the watch looks impressive, I'm hesitant to purchase it if there is a risk of rust and tarnish. However, I'm willing to consider the CZ option if the watch remains durable over time.
I would appreciate any thoughts or advice on this matter. Let's have a great 2023!

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
eboy-ralph.gif

Hello and welcome to RWI!

I noticed that this is your first time posting on RWI. You are welcome to introduce yourself in the new members area in the "New members say hi" sub section.

If you haven't already, please take some time to read the sticky threads in the new members area (in all subsections), as they contain lots of information for newcomers and, most importantly, our forum rules which you need to know, and of course ideally to follow, to get the best out of your experience on RWI!

A good starting point is this list of links to the most important RWI resources:

Also this please read this important sticky:

If you need further assistance, please feel free to contact me or @Feefo during your time as a newbie. That's what we are here for!

Feefo

CEO, Vaselume (TM) Corporation
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/5/22
EU
Hi, welcome to rwi. @eBoy already made the customary welcome speech.
Regarding your question, I doubt you’ll get any decent answers for two reasons. First, this is the new members area, AP experts will hang around the AP section more numerous. Second, I guess not many dare to buy such blingy watches, the more so when they come from an unspecified or lesser known factory. Quality will not be high. On the other hand that kind of finishing is very specific, so you’ll have to go around searching for your answers, mattina be there is some deeper knowledge of iced out reps around.
Good luck

eBoy

⚜️ RWI NMA Chief Bracelet Link Remover ⛓️‍💥🔗🪛🔧
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
A place of darkness and light a.k.a. EU
Exactly! I second what @Feefo said. Precious metal and stone watches as a cheap rep solutions are the same as GS reps with A2836s and 'Spring Drive' on the dial: Never convincing.

A sub-$1000 watch that is completely iced out and looks convincing is a unicorn. Same with solid gold watches. The ones that look cool are heavily modded with at least a thick gold re-plating or even custom parts made from real gold with the respective costs associated.

There are things in life that can't be copied, replicated or imitated convincingly. Most replica Lamborghini I've seen looked like this:

001.jpg

And even the ones that have the somewhat correct proportions will have a Pontiac Fiero or Peugeot engine.

I for one prefer to enjoy rep watches like a steel Omega Planet Ocean or any Rolex steel model that is visually indistinguishable from the genuine item. But each to their own. Just be prepared to spend more than 800 bucks for a half way convincingly iced out rep. 😉