• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob LMPO V5 is out!!!

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
Definitely it's still orange.

1Y1ngpg.png

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Haven’t seen any mention of any improvements over the V4 really other than “improved markers” on dealers websites. Looks pretty much like the V4 but if the markers come aligned without sloppy lume and the “Omega” is not slanted then it is a win as a lot of V4’s at least from TSWATCH came with slanted “Omega” logos. When will they finally run out of the old orange tip second hand stock and get new red painted ones?!?

Reactions: amo313

Lagunax

I'm Pretty Popular
18/4/15
CONUS
Definitely it's still orange.

1Y1ngpg.png

Definitely orange.
Omega logo is not slanted. “12” is aligned.
Not sure if it is the watch or the picture resolution on my iPhone but the lume application looks like some spillage.

Reactions: amo313

Watchbro

Horology Curious
7/5/18
Definitely orange.
Omega logo is not slanted. “12” is aligned.
Not sure if it is the watch or the picture resolution on my iPhone but the lume application looks like some spillage.

You're right, the bezel indicators seem to be done slightly sloppy as well.

Was intending to get this but I think I'll hold back until I see more samples of the v5 popping up.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I’ve had so many of these LMPOs....but the sloppy lume application is a deal breaker.

In real life, when the lighting is good, you look at your watch (as you do) and boom....you see over spilt lume on the markers. Once you see it, you can’t un see it. Lol.

I am not fussy about small gen vs rep details but poor quality is a deal breaker.

Apart from the lume application....I absolutely love this watch.

Reactions: d4v3 and Maron

zikzak

27/2/17
I’ve had so many of these LMPOs....but the sloppy lume application is a deal breaker.

In real life, when the lighting is good, you look at your watch (as you do) and boom....you see over spilt lume on the markers. Once you see it, you can’t un see it. Lol.

I am not fussy about small gen vs rep details but poor quality is a deal breaker.

Apart from the lume application....I absolutely love this watch.

I have a mutant v3 (LMPO guts, PO case, Orange PO insert, on PO rubber strap) and a normal v4 LMPO and none of that spilt lume bothering me, nor do I see it on the v4-- I do see a bit less care on the v3, but hey it's lacking the ZrO2 print and it's a beater for me as of now. Perhaps my eyes aren't as 'louped' in ;-). But to each their own...if it bothers you, it is what it is.

However, the 1 and 2 alignment of the '12' -- THAT bothers me. Be it the proper spacing and alignment between the numbers OR the alignment of the bases of the two numbers w/ each other per how it looks on a gen (which I've tried on before).. the '1' numeral is supposed to be taller than the 2 -- however they should be on the same plane at their bases. It does sort of look odd on the gen or other O models with this '12' marker configuration, but that's the way it is. That's the thing I zoom in on all shared pictures on any of the forums, including Omegaforums, and easy to see at normal eye level for myself.

There have only been a handful of Omega reps I've seen get this dialed in (pun intended). It's hard to un-see once you know what is correct.

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
^^^Totally agree with this. And no problem with the lume for me.

Seamusflood

I'm Pretty Popular
29/8/16
No TDs offer such service but one that is not anymore TD, called TSWatch ( not trusted anymore) the easiest way is to get teh wach from any TD and ask a local watchmaker to mod it for you, or send to a watch modder of the forum

Any suggestions on a uk work smith

Sent from the RWI App

d4v3

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
20/3/13
Agreed i checked the pictures of PT vs my v1 on hand and the only difference it the endlinks and the red tip.
I love this watch will uber franken my when possible!

Teecey09

Known Member
10/6/18
U.K.
Just cleared my QC pics for my first ever rep. More than happy! (with my untrained eye). Seems they have sorted the red tip?

Reactions: maxracingshox

NewFan0803

15/1/16
Can any current owner confirm the lug to lug length and thickness of this beaut? :)

GoatTaFuk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/11/16
Just cleared my QC pics for my first ever rep. More than happy! (with my untrained eye). Seems they have sorted the red tip?

May I ask which dealer you source this beauty from? I’m looking for my first rep too :)

Sent from the RWI App

Teecey09

Known Member
10/6/18
U.K.
May I ask which dealer you source this beauty from? I’m looking for my first rep too :)

Sent from the RWI App

It’s come from Sead (supermirrors), take a look in the TD list and you’ll find him. If you’re located in the EU I believe he has actually got stock of these in the U.K. now too so should be much quicker delivery times!

stoyania

15/4/16
the feedback on this v5 so far appears mixed. Please when you get your watches give us some short review

30/11/17
EU
Received it! Overall quite pleased with it. Bezel isn't as tight as I would like but it's not terribly bad either. Haven't had previous versions so can't compare it to them. Marker alignment is so-so but it's not something that stands out to me at least. TheTmarkers are pretty thick so to see the misalignment you need to look from different angles in real life. Pretty happy they fixed the red seconds hand tip -- now that's a tell if there ever was one. The back engravings look good but of course it's not perfect -- e.g. WORLD PREMIERE became WORLDPREMIERE.

Haven't bothered sizing the bracelet yet. It also came with a rubber strap with a clasp. Looks pretty good on NATO.

My name is James Bond... James Bond.

https://ibb.co/djhh28
https://ibb.co/mZnFN8