• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona 4130 arrived

M Scott

Renowned Member
22/9/18
Why would anyone want to run the chrono 24/7? Yes I get it you like the Chrono second hand going around, but are you gonna be staring at the darn thing 24/7?
I got mine early May this year, and thus far the movement has been nothing but perfect. But other than these test runs the longest I've used the chrono is for but a few hours timing the parking.

The Sports Car race at Daytona that this watch was named for lasts for 24 hours. Rolex has been a major sponsor of this race for years.

When the Rolex Daytona was first introduced, time keeping in Auto Racing was much different, using stopwatches and watches for every lap. Of course, now this watch is mostly for tradition.

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
The Sports Car race at Daytona that this watch was named for lasts for 24 hours. Rolex has been a major sponsor of this race for years.

When the Rolex Daytona was first introduced, time keeping in Auto Racing was much different, using stopwatches and watches for every lap. Of course, now this watch is mostly for tradition.
Dude I'm well aware of the history there with the Daytona and racing a yes I can understand running it for 24 hrs...

but 24/7?

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

DJ Woody

Known Member
5/8/18
London
Forget the reasons, is there anything 'mechanically' wrong with running it 24/7?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Forget the reasons, is there anything 'mechanically' wrong with running it 24/7?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

No, that is why Rolex upgraded 4130 to vertical clutch allowing to engage and disengage the chronograph free of stress. People don't understand the marvel behind this movement. That is why 4130 is far superior over 4030 Zenith.
Vertical clutch explained:

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Anyone got one of the gold Noob Daytona with strap? My TD said not available... I just wanted to try something new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RobSe1

goes Deepsea
Supporter
Certified
23/6/17
have some gen Springbars for sale on M2M if someone is interested;)

Zerkcz

Horology Curious
19/10/18
Its the bezel not the dial. Great specimen you got there.

thank you for the input. someone else said the same thing. I was just looking at the distance between the minute mark and the bezel at the top and the bottom and noticed it was much more on the bottom. I should turn this down or can they adjust this?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
thank you for the input. someone else said the same thing. I was just looking at the distance between the minute mark and the bezel at the top and the bottom and noticed it was much more on the bottom. I should turn this down or can they adjust this?

TD will not adjust it for you. Sometimes a TD will send back to factory for a minor adjustment like this, I have had this happen. The bezel needs to be rotated clockwise about 1 minute. You can see it clearly at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock. No question in my mind I would not want it to stay like this. Question is whether you want the TD to take care of it or are you willing to take care of it after you receive it.

MehDrav

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/12/18
Have anyone owned the Daytona rg from noob? The one with the black dial. How is the dial and the gold color compared to gen

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
No, that is why Rolex upgraded 4130 to vertical clutch allowing to engage and disengage the chronograph free of stress. People don't understand the marvel behind this movement. That is why 4130 is far superior over 4030 Zenith.
Vertical clutch explained:

Good video bro, thanks for sharing.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
https://m.rolex.com/watches/cosmograph-daytona/m116500ln-0001.html
c1d7b22685dc8327ebe44341a0f02229.jpg
I think Noob did the wrong font as they copied what was on Rolex.com and not a real watch. Have look R O L E X wide spacing

The wide spacing may be the same but the font serif is wrong.

They've simply used the font from the 116500.

Conveniently to get the perfect watch you need to buy an ARF and a noob.

Very conveniently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

racingeagle

Known Member
9/4/16
The wide spacing may be the same but the font serif is wrong.

They've simply used the font from the 116500.

Conveniently to get the perfect watch you need to buy an ARF and a noob.

Very conveniently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

kudos

18/2/14
Just got my QC bezel seems off centered too which I think is not a big issue as I will fix this when changing to gen spec gasket. Maybe they gave me the previous guys a few posts up, lol.

Can a rehaut also be realigned? They haven't sent me QC of the rehaut crown so I have asked them for more pics as well as of the lume.

Are there are other things to look out for in terms of QC for this watch apart from the usual dials, markers, scratches etc.

Bought the steel white dial 116520 btw.

Zerkcz

Horology Curious
19/10/18
TD will not adjust it for you. Sometimes a TD will send back to factory for a minor adjustment like this, I have had this happen. The bezel needs to be rotated clockwise about 1 minute. You can see it clearly at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o'clock. No question in my mind I would not want it to stay like this. Question is whether you want the TD to take care of it or are you willing to take care of it after you receive it.
Waiting on a new one from TD! Hopefully it is good, so I can share some wrist shots in a week or two! Appreciate all the help

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just got my QC bezel seems off centered too which I think is not a big issue as I will fix this when changing to gen spec gasket. Maybe they gave me the previous guys a few posts up, lol.

Can a rehaut also be realigned? They haven't sent me QC of the rehaut crown so I have asked them for more pics as well as of the lume.

Are there are other things to look out for in terms of QC for this watch apart from the usual dials, markers, scratches etc.

Bought the steel white dial 116520 btw.

The rehaut engraving is in the case so the only way to change that is sand it off and re-engrave it.

When people talk about realigning to the rehaut they are referring to adjusting the dial position slightly to the rehaut crown. This is a marginal fix at best as it often imposes undue stress on the stem if you move the dial/movement too far away from optimal stem position. This technique is additionally not viable with a Daytona due to chrono pushers.

kudos

18/2/14
The rehaut engraving is in the case so the only way to change that is sand it off and re-engrave it.

When people talk about realigning to the rehaut they are referring to adjusting the dial position slightly to the rehaut crown. This is a marginal fix at best as it often imposes undue stress on the stem if you move the dial/movement too far away from optimal stem position. This technique is additionally not viable with a Daytona due to chrono pushers.

Thanks for the info, hopefully I will get some more pics as requested and will reject if the rehaut crown is misaligned.

Reactions: KJ2020