• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Batman v9

jb3

17/4/17
USA
Puretime has a video up that gives clearer view of the transition...PTs pics dont accurately show it, but the video does (at least more so). There is a thread here that shows the gen and v7 or v8 side by side, and the OP confirmed Noob blue is too light.

settles it then...off to the Daytona I go =))

Reactions: Flyin_gnome

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
I think Jei was the member who was able to hold up the v8 BLNR to the rep for comparison. If you search you can probably find the thread, its not more than a couple months old I believe.

Reactions: vcappp

Hans81

23/2/15
So please consider that real color comparison can only be done with side by side comparison and same equipment.

here a small comparison of the face, top PT video grab and below two gen‘s.

Bezel color is off, rest looks quite decent. To the question is can the bezel be replaced at reasonable costs with a near to gen one?

9-A4-BCA81-45-BB-412-D-B032-F96-CDA7-E86-FF.jpg

EA19-FE19-28-D4-4-D40-8400-586-A4-D99-BE60.jpg

E2108-C4-F-1-C02-44-C6-B180-2593515-F709-C.jpg

Last edited:

Pietjebel

23/5/15
Still waiting for the ARF though...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
So please consider that real color comparison can only be done with side by side comparison and same equipment.

here a small comparison of the face, top PT video grab and below two gen‘s.

yep the color is so off, in the video it was clear, it has some kind of a 10% lilac tint to it

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
i would wait a couple month and get the ARF superclone version, my speculation is that it will cost as much more or less, but still you get a clone movement, and who knows, ARF QC

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Puretime has a video up that gives clearer view of the transition...PTs pics dont accurately show it, but the video does (at least more so). There is a thread here that shows the gen and v7 or v8 side by side, and the OP confirmed Noob blue is too light.

My post is a still shot from the PT video

hmUNf.jpg

Hans81

23/2/15
Bezel color is off
6 and 9 o’clock markers to sharp, gen has rounded edges (on wrist not noticeable)
bezel seems to be of centre a bit
cg‘s good, not perfect

Last edited:

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Bezel color is off
6 and 9 o’clock markers to sharp, gen has rounded edges (on wrist not noticeable)
bezel seems to be of centre a bit
cg‘s good, not perfect

major flaw is color of the bezel. It’s not even close to what gen blue looks like.

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
i would wait a couple month and get the ARF superclone version, my speculation is that it will cost as much more or less, but still you get a clone movement, and who knows, ARF QC

You will be waiting long time for that close.
ive been told that they are releasing Batman with eta based movement first.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
You will be waiting long time for that close.
ive been told that they are releasing Batman with eta based movement first.

really? i read somewhere that arf was going to release a 3186 clone movement after CNY, or were these people wrong?

anyways, i can live without it, no reason to spend 500 euros for a 1 year lifespan watch (if i'm lucky)

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
really? i read somewhere that arf was going to release a 3186 clone movement after CNY, or were these people wrong?

anyways, i can live without it, no reason to spend 500 euros for a 1 year lifespan watch (if i'm lucky)

Cant you just buy a €100 winder for your €500 watch and never set it again? I did that with my 3186 clone v8 chs and it hasnt slipped up once in many months. Just wind it forward or back when its 5mins +/- end of. These are rep watches and even rolex cant make an accurate mechanical watch. Still think the surplus of nearly 50% is a but much for 904l upgrade. Nickel doesnt cost that much!

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
It’s an A2836 with a gmt module and modified balance bridge. I’m not arguing with you, it’s a fact. Please stop, you clearly have no idea what you’re talking about.

Great, so this means that Ryan is lying right?

Last edited:

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Cant you just buy a €100 winder for your €500 watch and never set it again? I did that with my 3186 clone v8 chs and it hasnt slipped up once in many months. Just wind it forward or back when its 5mins +/- end of. These are rep watches and even rolex cant make an accurate mechanical watch. Still think the surplus of nearly 50% is a but much for 904l upgrade. Nickel doesnt cost that much!

that would be like a bandage, doesn't fix the problem, and accuracy is not my problem, but the fact that it can easily break.

for the second part i totally agree with you, there is nothing that justifies that increase in price, we should all avoid to buy these "transitional" models in order not to feed this terrible and annoying marketing strategy

Reactions: vicad and vcappp

yosimiz

Known Member
11/8/12
I use Ryan since 2014, and don't really bother with others. But I can tell you this, I have made him to update his descriptions on the site. Just check dj 36mm arf.they are listed as sa and not sh.. Arf don't use SA. So is Ryan lying? No!
He / the staff makes mistakes with descriptions. It happens with all TDS. They also get misinformed or confused from time to time..

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
that would be like a bandage, doesn't fix the problem, and accuracy is not my problem, but the fact that it can easily break.

for the second part i totally agree with you, there is nothing that justifies that increase in price, we should all avoid to buy these "transitional" models in order not to feed this terrible and annoying marketing strategy

You can call it a bandage but if you dont need to set it the ‘timebomb’ movement is now completely stable. Its like saying 7750’s are a death trap. Well no just dont use the chrono (which no one does anway!). The noob 4130 is obviously the pinacle of auto chrono movements to this point, venus 75 imo is the best manual chrono. Gmt is a bit more complicated and in terms of gen like function the noob is the best so far even if i have got lucky and mine hasnt broken. Just saying you buy a case for your phone, protect your investment with a winder and your sweet with a v8/v9 with a semi clone movement. Blur hair spring = happy dr fun socks

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
You can call it a bandage but if you dont need to set it the ‘timebomb’ movement is now completely stable. Its like saying 7750’s are a death trap. Well no just dont use the chrono (which no one does anway!). The noob 4130 is obviously the pinacle of auto chrono movements to this point, venus 75 imo is the best manual chrono. Gmt is a bit more complicated and in terms of gen like function the noob is the best so far even if i have got lucky and mine hasnt broken. Just saying you buy a case for your phone, protect your investment with a winder and your sweet with a v8/v9 with a semi clone movement. Blur hair spring = happy dr fun socks

i totally get your point, and in the end it's up to you, and i hope that your watches never break!

In my opinion though it's too early to get an unstable watch for 600 euros (included the winder), i'd rather wait and spend 500 for a fully functional reliable watch that can last as long as it can without paranoia.