• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No longer a Noob, Not Yet a Paneraisti

coop

OG member in the Lou
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
St. Louis
As you can see from this thread, seanf used to be witty and funny. My how things change. :lol:

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
I was wondering when one of you dicks was going to bump this thread. And for the record-- I still think Panerai's look like Fisher Price's My First Watch.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
hooligan said:
You shut your filthy mouth! :evil:

:lol: 8) :wink:

Search your heart, Hooligan, and you know I speak the truth. Methinks you doth protest too much. You need to get yourself a nice Movado or Rado. Maybe with a diamond bezel. That'll steer you straight.

Um, perhaps "straight" was the wrong word.

ken72

Renowned Member
19/3/06
seanf said:
I was wondering when one of you dicks was going to bump this thread. And for the record-- I still think Panerai's look like Fisher Price's My First Watch.

[smilie=laughing6.gif]

Now thats funny.... I have gone back and forth with Pams. I have owned a couple and feel the same way. I just cant fall in love with them. They are just so damn big. And my wrists seem so small in comparison. Not to mention, everything else in my watch box look tiny when I wear them after wearing the Pam. I will say it was the most complimented watch I owned. It got noticed more than anything I have. It was like wearing Big Ben around your neck... how could you miss it.

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
@Seanf gain around fifty pounds and I promise your wrist will grow into a PAM. The only problem is you may have a hard time finding your wanker. BTW you can wear a big watch with small wrists, take alook at Taka's collection. What is it with your thin ass Movado's and Rado. I have a friend and business partner that has around ten gens, a couple PAMs, a Channel J12, Rolex Sub etc. and the watch he wears the most is his Movado. I break his stones every chance I get.

Sean K

seank

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
BTW we all know how consistent you've been in your professed hatred for everything Panerai but I think at this point you wouldn't tell us PAM fever was growing on you just for pure spite. I'm buying DSN 082 and have Tootall make a custom strap for me with the navy stitching and is going to be a beaut.

Sean K

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
seank-- just to clarify, I think PAMs (at least the Luminors) are just really boring watches (and it is also true that they look silly and clownish on my dainty wrists). I know, I know, I'm in the minority. But no, they haven't grown on me. I thought they were ugly when I first came on the boards-- now, I don't think they're ugly, necessarily, but just boring. Well, except for the 187. That monstrosity is ugly under any definition of the word.

Now, in full disclosure, I will admit that I kind of like of couple of the 42mm Radiomirs, but the problem is finding a decent (and reasonably priced) rep. My favorite PAM is the 42mm Radiomir GMT 184, but that's never been repped in any form. I like a couple of the 42mm Radiomir chronographs (like the 163), but they're either not great reps or more than I feel comfortable spending on a PAM.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
fakemaster said:
I never knew Sean was a Panerai hater.

Well, Fakey, now you know, and knowing is half the battle. I just hope you can still respect me in the morning.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
I feel...violated...sniff....

Seriously I understand exactly what you're saying. I am ordering some more Pams to look at. I know they won't be my go to brand by any means.

Whoa. Just noticed. Member to Mod in less than a year. What up?

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
fakemaster said:

It's really just a testament to just how thoroughly I rock the house down. That, and the fact that I have a very flexible code of morality when it comes to debasing myself for the sexual gratification of others if it means some form of advancement for me. And while we're on the subject-- don't wait up for me tonight, D4M-- I promised Coop that I'd go to that donkey show with him.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Seanf does, in fact, rock the house down. I've seen it with me own eyes, I have. It's impressive...

robc_uk

25/11/06
seanf said:
fakemaster said:

It's really just a testament to just how thoroughly I rock the house down. That, and the fact that I have a very flexible code of morality when it comes to debasing myself for the sexual gratification of others if it means some form of advancement for me.

Sean,

So one year on and nothing has changed then :D

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
In order to commemorate my one year anniversary, D4M gave me a pretty cool gift. He let me wear his "special" mask last night:

7ade_1.JPG

Which is better than what he usually makes me wear:

80798380_tp.jpg

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
I was re-reading this in preparation for my 20 questions thingy, and it's amazing how little I've changed in coming on two years:

1) I still hate Panerai (except for the narrow exception of 42mm Radiomirs);
2) I still rock the friggin house down; and
3) I am still a witty and urbane MoFo. Kind of like the rep world's equivilent to Oscar Wilde. But, you know, thinner and less gay.

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
seanf said:
3) I am still a witty and urbane MoFo. Kind of like the rep world's equivilent to Oscar Wilde. But, you know, thinner and less gay.

Quit telling 1/2 truths.

ahw676

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/11/08
I probably had no business reviving this thread, but I thought I'd point out that you now have the perfect defense, because I doubt that Patrick Swayze had 6.5 inch wrists, at least not before cancer.

seanf

Mythical Poster
Advisor
29/11/06
ahw676 said:
I probably had no business reviving this thread, but I thought I'd point out that you now have the perfect defense, because I doubt that Patrick Swayze had 6.5 inch wrists, at least not before cancer.

I do have 6.5 wrists, but I do NOT look like Patrick Swayze, either before or after cancer. I did, however, have ROCKIN' mullet when I was in the 8th grade.