• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

No date photos

Sub_Souljah

Horology Curious
31/7/23
DE
Both are very beautiful. I couldn't decide. The Sub is an old love for me but the VC is also a mega classic.
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I like the look of this - would you mind sharing some details about it?
That is a straight forward JKF 5513 with a 2813 movement. I just aged the bezel, polished the case a few times and replaced the plexi with a Sternkruz T19. The strap is from CNS watch straps.

Reactions: Karbon74 and dfmbox

dfmbox

Looking Around
23/5/24
N. Ireland
That is a straight forward JKF 5513 with a 2813 movement. I just aged the bezel, polished the case a few times and replaced the plexi with a Sternkruz T19. The strap is from CNS watch straps.
Thanks C Master - that gives me plenty to look up.
I found RWI after trying a couple of watches a workmate has; the 2 I liked were his genuine Pelagos 42mm Titanium 2-line (~2015 I think) and Ginault Ocean Master.
I do own a Pelagos 39 homage (the Octopus Kracken titanium version) - nice watch too but it looks a little small compared to his 42mm pelagos on my wrist, so I'm considering going for one of the Pelagos XF V5 ones to start.
Some of the Rolex subs like yours have taken my interest too - though I'm not familiar with the model numbers etc, so having a good browse & read around the forum atm!
John

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Some of the Rolex subs like yours have taken my interest too - though I'm not familiar with the model numbers etc,
Be careful lol. Once you go down the vintage rabbit hole there is no turning back :)

Reactions: dfmbox