• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie wants best Swiss Stainless Daytona available.

jayinwpb

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
26/8/13
Greetings all and I am hopeful I really found a completely unbiased review site for replica watches. I'm a newbie that is very frustrated trying to buy a AAA quality Stainless Daytona (wife pawned my real one for drugs on her way out the door a year ago) On the one hand, I find a forum i.e. review by James that pushes a specific site as reputable, that same site not so much here (maybe James reps, gets spiffed, or is an owner of) I am even finding sites that boast waterproof versions for $1500, and Swiss ETA's, 7750 movements, etc. I don't know who to trust now. I would like the name(s) of the best quality Swiss movement all stainless Daytona replica anyone has seen and purchased that also offer very detailed high res photos so I can see and compare for myself and I would like to order today and have within a week if possible. Please accept my apology in advance should the answers to this already be posted somewhere. Thank you, Jay

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
1. Hit delete on everything you have read
2. Go to the Rolex section and start reading real, unbiased and accurate info.
3. Welcome to RWI

zero_deficit

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/12
Greetings all and I am hopeful I really found a completely unbiased review site for replica watches.
We're more than just a review site, we pretty much talk about everything rep related, as well as gen and non watch stuff. Amazing source of info this place :)

I'm a newbie that is very frustrated trying to buy a AAA quality Stainless Daytona
No such thing as AAA+ or anything like that, here's a handy read of some other common myths you've probably heard
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/top-10-lies-25233

On the one hand, I find a forum i.e. review by James that pushes a specific site as reputable, that same site not so much here (maybe James reps, gets spiffed, or is an owner of)
That James guy is a con, and are the very same people who as who he promotes so often

I am even finding sites that boast waterproof versions for $1500, and Swiss ETA's, 7750 movements, etc. I don't know who to trust now.
Here's my handy thread of who you can trust
http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/how-tell-if-144483?t=144483
Long story short: only trusted dealers.

I would like the name(s) of the best quality Swiss movement all stainless Daytona replica anyone has seen and purchased that also offer very detailed high res photos so I can see and compare for myself and I would like to order today and have within a week if possible.
Too broad of a question, like Beamer said, head over to the Rolex section, as well as the other sections and read read read read

Welcome :)

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friend
Welcome to RWI from Spain
I hope to see you soon in PAM Section

Regards
ALE
PAM Section Moderator

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
James is Best Swiss I bet. Or, whatever the latest incarnation is. Well known scam site. He sells the same watches as the dealers here do except at much higher prices with a lot of lies thrown in.

The newer Rolex Daytona's are next to impossible to correctly replicate. They all have the sub dials in the wrong position and the seconds a 6 movements used are modified 7750 movements that are quite unreliable, either Swiss or Asian. There is no equivalent Chinese or Swiss movement made to match the gen Rolex Chrono's sub dial locations.

So, you can get a fairly decent rep with a 7750 but it may last weeks or years, but more likely it will be weeks. There are no great ones.

There are some quite good vintage Rolex Daytona replicas if you go in that direction.

jayinwpb

Banned
26/8/13
Thanks KBH and follow-up

KBH,

Thank you for the reply. I am looking for the most authentic and most reliable Daytona and I am more than happy to purchase an older style / vintage replica in the name of replica accuracy and reliability, as you have suggested may be a better option. It appears you have some experience with this and any further advise / experience you have either a. personally experienced or b. have on reliable authority another has purchased, and able to point me to their site and the exact model(s) number / item # would be greatly appreciated. I am so frustrated and so weary of opinions and reviews from other sites, I just want to make a purchase, do it now, and make the right one, I have been at this for months now.

Thank you again!

Jay

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
I'm afraid you picked the absolute worst watch to try and find, especially in a hurry.

The go to vintage guys were DW (David Wang) and Spinmaster, who built them to order and they were fairly expensive. Unfortunately they've both turned out to have almost disappeared from the scene in the last few months. I think the correct Daytona cases they were both using have started to dry up.

On the newer models, it's always going to be a compromise. The 21j ones are often closer reps appearance wise but they have a movement with a sweeping chrono second hand that is an instant give away. There are some that have been built with a fixed chrono second hand but the availability comes and goes unless you find one in the member to member sales. You really need to read more about the Daytonas and make a educated decision on what flaws you can live with. Personally, as much as I like the new Daytonas, I would never buy what's available and feel comfortable wearing it.

Just don't get sucked into the $1500 ones on the scam sites promising ETA movements, 1:1, indtinguishable from gen, blah blah blah. You'll get the exact same thing from a trusted dealer for $350 or less.

jayinwpb

Banned
26/8/13
Accuracy and dependability versus Style

After KBH's replies (thank you again KBH) I am rethinking this. I am now to the point of switching styles. Mainly because I don't feel I will ever find a really good Daytona that will last and be dependable and run flawlessly for years (just to many things that can go wrong with that movement I guess) so here is my question. Given I am partial to the polished center link look of the stainless Daytona (I'm not certain but I think it is the only available on the Daytona in SS) Obviously available in a rep posing as 18K WG, I am open to other styles such as a Sub or Milgauss or even another. I definitely want solid links, swiss movement or equivalent quality, nothing that will rub off, i.e. gold plate, painted bezel, etc. I really like the Milgauss and the bright blue Sub (I think emulating the 18K WG version) But then again there is the issues of never being able to get that 18K pop / depth with the stainless replication of 18K. As I said I am partial to the polished center link oyster bracelet but its not an absolute. Being able to wear it every day, have it work reliably, have it be virtually be undetectable as a rep, have it be reasonably water resistant are more important at this point. So any feedback that points directly to a piece and a site / stock number that you feel like "DUDE, YOU HAVE TO CHECK THIS ONE OUT, IT"S SPOT on, IYHO of course, is what I'm looking for. I see good feedback on Andrew @ trusty and then Sillix. but open to others as well.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I don't think you will find many watches, gen or rep that run flawlessly for years. I've had issues with both. Your post shows me that you have not been doing the research suggested by the members. Then you mention one drop shipper TD, and one who sells lower end watches ?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
For the closest to gen Rolex available you will want the 16610 sub from tc: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/tc-watch-parts-323 Just be aware there will be a wait however.

Another good one right now and something a bit different is the Explorer II in either black or white dial. This (the Noobfactory version that is) is a very, very good rep indeed. I got mine from MarvellousReplica and either he or InTime Watches would be a great choice of dealer for your first buy.

rols16610

Put Some Respect On My Name
20/4/12
For the closest to gen Rolex available you will want the 16610 sub from tc: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/forumdisplay.php/tc-watch-parts-323 Just be aware there will be a wait however.

Another good one right now and something a bit different is the Explorer II in either black or white dial. This (the Noobfactory version that is) is a very, very good rep indeed. I got mine from MarvellousReplica and either he or InTime Watches would be a great choice of dealer for your first buy.

+1 cant got wrong with the TC or the Explorer II, both cracking watches :)

Head on over to the Rolex section and have a look at the Rolex Wiki, lots of great information on all available models in there, link below.

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php/rolex-wiki-page-109932

Welcome to RWI mate :cheers:

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13

+1 on exp 2. I think it is the best rep otb.

Sent from 1:1 app made with genuine tapatalk as sample.

jayinwpb

Banned
26/8/13
I am searching

Thanks BMW, I am not trying to skirt the research, I am after a solid recommendation based on the information I have provided that is recent and relevant. I am looking in all sections but I have no experience with the quality of Rep pieces, or the reliability of the suppliers, the differences in piece quality supplier to supplier, the reputation or experience level of the poster/replier on this board, and finding info that is recent rather than a year old and not relevant or up to date. As far as your comment of reliability of a rep or gen lasting for years, if that's true, that is a shame. I have owned very reliable watches that do run flawlessly for years including $100 no name brands, a RW Pars (batteries excluded) 14 years albeit never worn, and a 1998 Authentic Two tone Daytona that ran flawlessly un-serviced for 12 years while being worn no less than 350 days a year for all 12,(yes took off very occasionally) up to the point it ran off with the ex. I am happy to do research, but also happy to get honest, thoughtful, eye opening advise from folks like KBH who made it evident that what I am looking for in a Daytona is not promising and thus, pushed me in a new direction. Maybe its part of the culture here, or a political issue by suggesting a specific dealer with a couple specific model(s) that have been bought recently by a rep expert or at least educated buyer and point right to it as best in class. Either way, I will continue to read as you have suggested and any further insight or recommendations is still very much appreciated. Thank you, Jay

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Keep these two important facts in mind

1. All Trusted Dealers can get the same watches. They are middlemen, not factories

2. Pick a dealer you feel comfortable with ( STICK TO TD's LISTED HERE )

Two of the most important facts you need to know before you start.

As most have already said, give up the search for a Daytona. We have all tried and it just does not exist.