• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie here, making some research(fashion watches)

Maldoror

Horology Curious
31/3/14
Hi guys, I'm definitly not a watch connaisseur, just looking to build-up an elegant wardrobe.

I'm not interested in a Rolex or Breguet replica everyone will know this is a rep because I'm 27 with an average income. It will look cheesy on me.

I like fashion watches much better, especially the Armani ones from what I've gathered.

So far I tend to find much more links that sell replicas that will not look appropriate on me.

I know buying a rep of a watch which is not worth a few grands isnt logic to most here but I'd much rather spend $150 than $800

hsmooth

Renowned Member
10/8/13
Typical fashion watches shouldn't cost more than 200 or 300 bucks, especially since they are usually quartz movements. Just get the real ones.

There are other microbrands of watches that cost less than 1000 for the real watches..maybe look into those. Check out the website called wornandwound.

There are usually not any good replicas of the fashion watches because they are already quite cheap to begin with..doesn't make sense to make a replica of it.

Good luck in your search!

Maldoror

Horology Curious
31/3/14
thanks for your reply but some say the fashion replicas are sold by chinese factory workers since they are very similar to the real ones. I still would much rather spend 85 euros than 300 euros for the same watch. If not, what would be your watch recommendations that could have the same young/trendy style?

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Lot of those reps are sold on ebay as gens.
Since they are low end they go unnoticed. Also there aint much following amond WIS for these fashion watches so lots of them are not reported.
Look for them on ebay. Those deals which are too good to be true on ebay are the reps.
Also PT has some fashion brands.

D

d4m.test

Hi and welcome to the forum. Seiko SKX007 or 009 and SNZH55 or 57 from Creation Watches are 2 very classic ones to go if You don´t own any yet. Why not look into a Tag Aquaracer or Breitling Superocean Steelfish or Abyss, maybe a Sinn U2? At least used those are all barely affordable and nice watches. Have fun around.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Yes. Get seiko monster. Even Jesus wore seiko monster.
yvazu6u4.jpg

Sent from 1:1 app made with a gen tapatalk as sample.

Maldoror

Horology Curious
31/3/14
thanks for the suggestions guys I think I should really look into regular replicas and find what I dig. I hate the idea of paying the full price that's just my nature always looking for shortcuts. I just want to avoid buying a watch that will be too obvious of a replica because that's not the type of cliché I want to emulate, just want a trendy classy watch and to feel like I've gotten an unbeatable price.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
This just in, directly from Jesus...

18AD3130-582C-4DA1-8735-53E3DF9DADA1_zpskr8dsegf.jpg

Is that special edition made for Jesus or is it relumed? Why are hands and pearl appear different from other markers? I have never seen one do that before.

jd01449

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/12
Try Puretime, they have a few, otherwise look around the forum a bit and catch the bug, there is something for everyone here.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
Is that special edition made for Jesus or is it relumed? Why are hands and pearl appear different from other markers? I have never seen one do that before.

Yes, this is the J.C. Special Edition. Very limited production and only sold to those with the purest of souls, lol.

Actually, it looks bone stock to me. Nothing looks touched - not the hands, the pearl or the lume on the indices. So I have no idea how it wound up with contrasting colors. But it is pretty cool looking.

Maldoror

Horology Curious
31/3/14
Try Puretime, they have a few, otherwise look around the forum a bit and catch the bug, there is something for everyone here.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk
Yes it sounds like the right plan, I'm in no rush

edit: puretime asia has all the stuff I"m looking for, if this one is safe I might mass order and go on a binge

http://puretime-asia.com/

Maldoror

Horology Curious
31/3/14
another newbie question: I worry a little about replicas not lasting a long time, is this true?

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
another newbie question: I worry a little about replicas not lasting a long time, is this true?

That depends on how long you last in bed.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Just kidding. That's a myth. Some are bad quality but most aren't.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Welcome to RWI.
Mate if you insist on fashion reps try Watch Eden, they have 1000s of 'em.

But, what makes you think a 27 year old can't carry off a 10k watch? As long as you are not rocking a Rolex at the Mickey D fry bench it's not that long a bow to draw. Consider something like an Omega Seamaster where the gen is around 3 or 4 k.
There are TAGs, Ebels, Breitlings and a host of brands in that price range that are all quite conceivable on a 27yo.